Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen several guest list, some have Kanye West on it and some have not. Is he finally invited?

Who knew Prince William and Kanye were such great friends?

Im suprised that Letizia and Felipe are going since their daughters birthday is on the 29th

I have seen several guest list, some have Kanye West on it and some have not. Is he finally invited?

Who knew Prince William and Kanye were such great friends?

Is he on the list provided by Buckingham Palace? That's the list I would go with.

Marengo said:
Anyway, considering the BBC will do the recording we probably won't see them on tv at all, no matter how many of them will attend. And if they do have a quick camera shot it will just be with the comment: 'foreign royalty', with no explanations. As I said, they just couldn't be bothered ;). Frustrating for royalty watchers but most probably to the relief of their average viewers .

I am hoping the American stations will show the many foreign royals but if they do not I know TRF will have plenty of pictures and threads to discuss everyone attending :) so hopefully I can stay connect while also watching it live !

The guestlist is a complete and utter shambles regarding titels and countries of the Royals that will supposedly attend.Could be made up by either a british rag or one of the Bijiou clubbers lot.Whomever it was,the person doesn't have a clue on titels nor geography nor the real names of places,at all.A disgrace on the official wedding site,and ofcourse,a disgrace for the sleeping lot at Clarence House that didn't check and double-check as is custom with weddings,let alone State occasions for the wedding of an Heir Apparent.They really should revise the list if they don't want to look totally rediculous.

It seems that there is nobody from Jordan (though it wouldn't be surprising if some of this family will be added later).

If they were invited, I would suppose that King Abudllah stressed that Rania & himself wouldn't attend, I would've expected that the King would send someone on his behalf just like the Saudi & Bahrani King & the UAE president. I simply think the Jordanian royals like other houses were not invited.

I would be surprised if they were added last minute as I would expect them to have confirmed before a certain date.

Im suprised that Letizia and Felipe are going since their daughters birthday is on the 29th

I think that Felipe and Letizia are not invited to the evening party, so if they leave London right after the wedding, they will be home in the evening.
William and Kate have wanted the wedding to be low-key, and since William isn´t the heir, we can´t compare the guest list to Felipe´s or Victoria´s wedding.

I find it very odd that the british royal house can´t but the titles right and there reads "King Simeon II and Queen Margarita of the Bulgrarian". They have created a whole new country ...

Last edited:
The guestlist is a complete and utter shambles regarding titels and countries of the Royals that will supposedly attend.Could be made up by either a british rag or one of the Bijiou clubbers lot.Whomever it was,the person doesn't have a clue on titels nor geography nor the real names of places,at all.A disgrace on the official wedding site,and ofcourse,a disgrace for the sleeping lot at Clarence House that didn't check and double-check as is custom with weddings,let alone State occasions for the wedding of an Heir Apparent.They really should revise the list if they don't want to look totally rediculous.

William's wedding is not a state occasion and he is not an heir apparent. I do agree on the guest list, it is not really precise, but I can't be really bothered by it.

Last edited:
The minute the royal guests start arriving at the Abbey Kate might leave the hotel by car. So all the cameras will concentrate on Kate and therefore we probably won´t see the arrival of the royal guests at all. But at least they will show the arrival of all the other guests who have to come already 2 hours before and where nobody is interested in....
Good for our German TV- commentators who still don´t know the names of lots of the royals (one "royal expert" even announced that Fred and Mary will attend...):bang:

Lucien, you said what I thought in your usual drastic trademark style, I've nothing to add, really :flowers:

:happyeaster:

What, no members of 'Blake'? Oh how "dissapointing" :D

How many people have been invited? I suppose the list is not complete.

The beckhams?? Unless they are very close friends I donñt see the reason, this is a joke. I cannot think of anyone less classy than V. B, so superficial and showing off.

The beckhams?? Unless they are very close friends I donñt see the reason, this is a joke. I cannot think of anyone less classy than V. B, so superficial and showing off.

Selection of confirmed guests. The Beckhams having been invited has to do with the 2018 World Cup bid.

Of course it's not a joke. It's been announced.

A brief overview of their association has been provided on the wedding website.

Prince William, as President of the Football Association, has met footballer David Beckham on a number of occasions. They recently worked together as Ambassadors of England's 2018 World Cup Bid.

And as the wife of David, it's natural she should attend as evidently the invitation was extended to her also.

Furthermore, it's not just because William and David have worked together in light of England's 2018 World Cip Bid. They have known one another for some time.

Last edited:
My bad, since I have also read the briefing. The World Cup thing is the last they publicly did together.

Last edited by a moderator:

About 1,900 people

The minute the royal guests start arriving at the Abbey Kate might leave the hotel by car. So all the cameras will concentrate on Kate and therefore we probably won´t see the arrival of the royal guests at all. But at least they will show the arrival of all the other guests who have to come already 2 hours before and where nobody is interested in....
Good for our German TV- commentators who still don´t know the names of lots of the royals (one "royal expert" even announced that Fred and Mary will attend...):bang:

Check this link out for the timings in detail

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...eton-royal-wedding-timetable-115875-23084034/

Last edited:
BBC starts broadcasting at 9am!

A total of 1900 people was the number that was given in regards to invites.

The list is NOT complete. There are a significant number of friends and families of William, Catherine, Charles and the Middletons that are sure to be there but are not listed. I don't recall seeing the Parker Bowles (Tom and Laura and their families) on the list and we all know they will be there. Especially since Laura's daughter is a bridesmaid.

In regards to the glaring errors, yes it certainly could have been done better. If you are going to do something do it right the first time. But other than us royal watchers...do you think the general British public (or the world for that matter) caught the errors?

In regards to the glaring errors, yes it certainly could have been done better. If you are going to do something do it right the first time. But other than us royal watchers...do you think the general British public (or the world for that matter) caught the errors?

I hardly doubt non-royal watchers caught the error but even though I think it's a pity such a list was published without being reviewed.

I think the list of people are not including family & close friends but also interesting how they managed to leave people out like Parkers family. It seems they just wanted to get the list out asap.

I hardly doubt non-royal watchers caught the error but even though I think it's a pity such a list was published without being reviewed.

I think the list of people are not including family & close friends but also interesting how they managed to leave people out like Parkers family. It seems they just wanted to get the list out asap.

I would agree on both statements: the list should have been proof read before being released. Here's hoping that on Monday morning, the list will have been reviewed and cleaned up.

They probably released it because the constant questions about who has been invited to the wedding. Because in the past, BP has only announced the attendees a day or two before the wedding. Although to be honest, the last royal wedding (Charles and Camilla) was the first one that was held during the media age of the internet, etc. Sophie and Edward married when the internet was out but it wasn't as so widespread. Now you have Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc. I think most of the old guard is used to dealing with newspapers!

So they are newbies in that sense. They really should have learned something from the Swedish wedding.

:previous: It's his uncle. He can't very well invite his maternal aunts and not Earl Spencer. That would give the press a field day with an endless ream of suppositions.

I wouldn't anticipate there to be a rift as such, rather, there's never been any public held occasion apart from the memorial or concert held for Diana, by where we would see them interact. Who knows what kind of correspondance they have. Only they know :)

The Spencer's have as much of a right to be there (not that you were suggesting they don't) as William's paternal relatives and I was glad to note that they are seated behind Catherine's immediate family. An appropriate seating arrangement, I thought.

:previous: It's his uncle. He can't very well invite his maternal aunts and not Earl Spencer. That would give the press a field day with an endless ream of suppositions.

I wouldn't anticipate there to be a rift as such, rather, there's never been any public held occasion apart from the memorial or concert held for Diana, by where we would see them interact. Who knows what kind of correspondance they have. Only they know :)

The Spencer's have as much of a right to be there (not that you were suggesting they don't) as William's paternal relatives and I was glad to note that they are seated behind Catherine's immediate family. An appropriate seating arrangement, I thought.

I agree and I also think it is an appropriate seating arrangement. It is and remains, after all, his family from his mother's side.

After looking at the arrangements I was wondering where Diana would be sitting if she were still alive. Obviously not with the Middletons or Charles and Camilla.

She'd sit with her family, the Spencers.

Well, at least one name has already been removed from the guest list: the Prince of Bahrain. Just as well, really, because there would have been demonstrations in London. Instead, the excuse was "the ongoing situation in the Middle East".

I wish I could see Diana, but I'm sure that somewhere will be followed by...
Spencer family, no one in this interesting.

CP Hakoon & CP Mette-Marit and CP Frederik & CP Mary could not see the list. I wondered.

A foreigner with a question.

Hey,

I am from Oslo in Norway and I am interested in the royal wedding. I find the British monarchy far more interesting than the Norwegian monarchy and I can't wait for the wedding.

I was wondering, my knowledge of the royal family is limited, and I was wondering about something. Given the recent issues emerging in Bahrain and the video evidence of military helicopters gunning down peaceful protestors, why is the Crown Prince of Bahrain attending the wedding?

Doesn't it seem that, by inviting the crown prince of Bahrain, the royal family are seemingly condoning the massacres?

Thanks for your answers in advance, I am confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom