Wedding of William & Catherine: the Official Guest List

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what Femme means!

It's just French for female, aka La Femme Nikita.

I just haven't heard it used like that before, and I haven't found any usage like that on the Mighty Internet!

Thanks. I just couldn't imagine why anyone would call Mrs. Obama or Michelle Obama or First Lady Michelle Obama something like Femme. Is that a usual way to refer to French women, e.g. Femme Sarkozy? I was concerned that it was intended as a slight to our president's wife, inasmuch as I had never encountered this usage before.

Although it's probably best not to go looking for slights and snubs, the fact of the matter is that the Obamas are not universally beloved. :whistling:

(To be fair, this is true of every politician, of course).

Last edited:
I just haven't heard it used like that before, and I haven't found any usage like that on the Mighty Internet!

Hmmm, I was just intending to be helpful. The exclamation mark doesn't really come across to me as a thank you...

Although it's probably best not to go looking for slights and snubs, the fact of the matter is that the Obamas are not universally beloved. :whistling:

(To be fair, this is true of every politician, of course).

Agreed, and I think it is time to call it a day on the whole discussion.

Diarist said:
Intersting articles in the Weekend papers that say that Elton John and his partner and also David and Victoria Beckham were all NOT invited to the afternoon reception at BP [let alone the evening reception]. Victoria Beckham is reportedly 'furious' if one can belive the papers, stating that she had flown all the way from the United States for what turned out to be just the Ceremony and that she felt 'snubbed', particularly as she had had to 'queue for an hour' to get into the Abbey on what was her last 'appearance in the UK' before the birth of her baby.

Alex

Victoria received her invitation well before she flew across the Atlantic. So if she truly didn't feel like the ceremony was worth it, she didn't have to go.

And still no complete guest list. I'm guessing one will not be published.
:-(

Obama was not invited because William can't stand him like me. Obama has no class. He is not president either because he is not a natural born citizen.

Yes I know - there is no such thing as warming of the earth; but yesterday it was the end of the world :eek:

OH suger! The world still alive - so maybe the rest is also rubbish :whistling:.

There will be always people living in a dream - or a nightmare; instead of preferring to open their eyes to reality ;)

But I'm sooo glad for your, that you think that you have found the truth, and that Will&Kate are with you in it; what a comfort that must be :p

On the subject of who was invited or not, there is a Youtube video of Ingrid Seward saying at :28 that Camilla was a huge factor in who was invited and had veto power. Many of Diana's old friends were not invited at the behest of Camilla, while there was a full compliment of P-Bs. Royal wedding guest list: Who was snubbed? - YouTube If the link isnt working, all you have to search for at you tube is royal wedding snub and Ingrid Seward

And Ingrid Seward knows that how? Did William or Kate tell her?

Some of Diana's friends (most of whom were less than discreet before and after her death) were not invited and suddenly it's Camilla's fault. Can you really imagine William and Kate - who by all accounts personally oversaw all details of the wedding, guest list included - opt not to invite someone they care for just because a third party said so? Or for that matter, Can you really Camilla asking her step-son not to invite people he wanted to for whatever reason? The blame Camilla game is a bit old now, isn't it?

Well, she is the long time editor of Majesty magazine, and the author of William and Harry, as well as other scholarly books on the BRF. So, I would take her opinion as one who knows about the monarchy.

:previous: Okay, then it's her opinion. Not a fact. I don't see anyone in the Royal Family telling something like that to a magazine editor, either.

How much of a role did Dian's friends play in William's life after Diana died? Just because they were friends of Diana does not mean an automatic invite to William's, or Harry's when the time come, wedding. Is it truly a snub on Camila's part, we'll never know. Not going to lose any sleep over it.

But Carolyn Bartholomew, Diana's friend and Harry's godmother, was invited?

The wedding was all about Will and Kate, their families and their friends and close associates of their patronages and people that meant something to the bridal couple. HM and Charles and Camilla were given spots for whom they'd like to invite and I think it would have run to who they most felt they would like to share the joy of the wedding day with. The final decision on who was cut or not was probably up to Will and Kate themselves.

If you go by the thought that Camilla cut anyone that dated back to the trouble period in Diana and Charles' marriage, Tom Pettifer, the son of Tiggy Legge-Burke and godson of Charles would not have had a place in the bridal party. IIRC, Diana didn't care for Tiggy much.

We had quite a few reports of people wanting to go to the wedding and not invited (Michelle Obama, perhaps Sarah Ferguson) and some that felt slighted they only went to the ceremony (Victoria Beckham) but truth be told, I think Kate felt closer to her local postman, butcher and pub owner and wanted them there.

Guest lists can really fill up fast and get out of hand especially with such a well known couple as Will and Kate.

The Cambridges invited who they wanted to invite. It was pretty much made known that the wedding wasn't a state wedding so Mrs Obama wasn't invited.

I don't think Camilla had much influence over the guest list.

Tom Pettifer, the son of Tiggy Legge-Burke and godson of Charles would not have had a place in the bridal party. IIRC, Diana didn't care for Tiggy much.
AFAIK, Tom is a godson of William, not Charles.

Remember the interview after the wedding, and William stated the first meeting post engagement announcement he walked in and courtiers handed him a list with 777 names on it and this was just the list of people that 'should' be there and William said he didn't know any of the people.

That's when William famously rang his granny and asked "Is this really how it must be?"
The Queen laughed and told him to bin the list and start with the couple's friends and go from there

William and Catherine had pretty much full control over their wedding guest list, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
I remember it being said that Princess Beatrice's boyfriend, Dave Clarke didn't attend the royal wedding but I just looked at the coverage of the wedding again and Dave did attend the wedding. He arrived with Holly Branson.

it appears that members of almost all reigning royal families around the world attended the wedding (except for Jordan (because of internal protests), Japan (because of tsunami), Cambodia (other engagements), Liechtenstein (because of beatification ceremony of Pope John Paul II) & Bahrain (because of internal protests):

Royal Attendees
The King of Bhutan
The Sultan & Queen of Brunei
The Queen of Denmark
The Grand Duke & Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
The Yang di-Pertuan Agong and Raja Permaisuri Agong of Malaysia
The Prince of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock[16]
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco (wife of the King of Morocco)
The King and Queen of Norway
The Emir of Qatar & Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned
The Queen of Spain
The King of Swaziland
The King of Tonga

Sheikh Khalifa bin Ali Al-Khalifa of Bahrain (also the Bahraini Ambassador)
The Duke and Duchess of Brabant of Belgium
Sheikh Ahmad Hmoud Al-Sabah of Kuwait
Prince Seeiso and Princess Mabereng of Lesotho
The Prince of Orange & Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
Prince Tariq bin Taimur Al-Said of Oman
Prince Mohamed bin Nawaf & Princess Fadwa bint Khalid of Saudi Arabia
The Prince and Princess of Asturias of Spain
The Crown Princess of Sweden & The Duke of Västergötland
Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand
The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi of the United Arab Emirates

Nice to hear that Hessen-Kassel,Baden,Toerring-Jettenbach,Hohenlohe-Langenburg and Oettingen-Spielberg families attended among others...
Who were the people from Hessen-Kassel, Baden, Toerring-Jettenbach, Hohenlohe-Langenburg, and Oettingen-Spielberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom