The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Pictures from the wedding breakfast, I only saw ones of the cake and of Catherine meeting some people.
Which is more than usual.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here's Zara Philips and Mike Tindall arriving to the evening reception:

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/113...4F23D843DF626D

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Pictures from the wedding breakfast, I only saw ones of the cake and of Catherine meeting some people.
Here's a couple
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Seen those, I thought you meant ones of them at the luncheon not outside. Not ALOT, just a few meets and greets with commonwealth dignitaries.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Majesty

It's gracious of them to allow us a glimpse into the wedding breakfast. I certainly wasn't expecting that or the pictures of them leaving for their evening festivities. Lovely indeed (though this is now taking over my study group time, which my study partner doesn't seem to notice).

Well, now I shall attempt ('attempt' being the operative word) to get back working on my braille math final (which would involve getting off of here).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Nobility

This gown is as lovely as the bridal gown! I love the diamante belt and bolero. What a stunner!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Seen those, I thought you meant ones of them at the luncheon not outside. Not ALOT, just a few meets and greets with commonwealth dignitaries.
Pictures like these haven't been seen before where British royal weddings are concerned and there are a few available, so in someone's experience it is probably "ALOT".
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by almee View Post
This gown is as lovely as the bridal gown! I love the diamante belt and bolero. What a stunner!!!
Agree on all counts, except the jacket. I think it's a little out of place (though it looks like it's comfortable, which is what she may have been going for at this point).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Agree on all counts, except the jacket. I think it's a little out of place (though it looks like it's comfortable, which is what she may have been going for at this point).
Yep and she probably is gonna take it off at the party so it's not that bad.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

I like the outfit! I would probably show up in jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Pictures like these haven't been seen before where British royal weddings are concerned and there are a few available, so in someone's experience it is probably "ALOT".
Exactly whether it be the receiving line or them eating I don't care at this point we've never gotten any type of access inside the palace after the balcony appearance so for me this is ALOT more then normal.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
It's Catherine meeting commonwealth dignitaries, the only special thing is that she's wearing a wedding gown and you can see some of BP. You see that amount of BP on a state visit when similar pictures are taken. I see nothing special about these pictures. What would have been special were to hear the speeches tonight, or the first dance perhaps. This might be the wedding of the heir to the heir, but the BRF are lagging behind on allowing the press in. I know the British press are more fierce than in Europe, but that's because they have to fight for what they get and they aren't allowed to photograph something that the whole world would like to see. Wouldn't you like to hear some of the wonderful and probably humourous things that Harry is going to say tonight? Or the touching speech William is going to make to his bride?
This is a wedding, a royal one, not a state occasion but a royal one at that. One million people went to London today to see this couple, thousands have been camping out since wednesday to see them, and after the arrival of the guests tonight, the doors will be shut and that's it. I find that silly for a modern monarchy, William has said he wants to be 'normal' he's the 'call me wills' type of guy. Surely allowing the press in to hear the speeches isn't going to be that horrific for them. The majority of the european couples have handled it perfectly well and almost all have them are some how connected to the BRF.

I'm not saying this because I'm just dying for more info etc, but because I generally think that the royal family are doing the wrong things the old fashioned way.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Philippas evening dress:

Pippa Middleton wows again in emerald dress with plunging neckline - pictures - mirror.co.uk
Old 04-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Photo gallery from zimbio.com:

Royal Wedding - Evening Celebrations At Buckingham Palace - Pictures - Zimbio

They seem to be adding more photos of the guests to the gallery.

Lady Sarah (Diana's sister) appears to be wearing the diamond earrings owned by their mother; the same earrings that Diana wore on her wedding day.

Royal Wedding - Evening Celebrations At Buckingham Palace - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I was hoping for emerald, that green looks tacky against her tanned skin. But at least it's colour I guess. Wonder what the York girls will arrive in.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It's Catherine meeting commonwealth dignitaries, the only special thing is that she's wearing a wedding gown and you can see some of BP. You see that amount of BP on a state visit when similar pictures are taken. I see nothing special about these pictures. What would have been special were to hear the speeches tonight, or the first dance perhaps. This might be the wedding of the heir to the heir, but the BRF are lagging behind on allowing the press in. I know the British press are more fierce than in Europe, but that's because they have to fight for what they get and they aren't allowed to photograph something that the whole world would like to see. Wouldn't you like to hear some of the wonderful and probably humourous things that Harry is going to say tonight? Or the touching speech William is going to make to his bride?
This is a wedding, a royal one, not a state occasion but a royal one at that. One million people went to London today to see this couple, thousands have been camping out since wednesday to see them, and after the arrival of the guests tonight, the doors will be shut and that's it. I find that silly for a modern monarchy, William has said he wants to be 'normal' he's the 'call me wills' type of guy. Surely allowing the press in to hear the speeches isn't going to be that horrific for them. The majority of the european couples have handled it perfectly well and almost all have them are some how connected to the BRF.

I'm not saying this because I'm just dying for more info etc, but because I generally think that the royal family are doing the wrong things the old fashioned way.
I get your point and opinions differ, for you it doesn't mean a thing and for another it means a lot.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Eeekkk didn't realise how much I had written. Must have got into the moment and rambled on. I'd much prefer to hear the wonderful speeches tonight, and the first dance than Catherine meeting some dignitaries that she's going to meet again and again, wouldn't you?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Pippa looks fantastic!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

and here's a video showing kate in her evening dress: BBC News - Royal wedding: First glimpse of the evening dress

Uff I've like 6 pages open constantly switching to find new news from the evening lol :)
Old 04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Eeekkk didn't realise how much I had written. Must have got into the moment and rambled on. I'd much prefer to hear the wonderful speeches tonight, and the first dance than Catherine meeting some dignitaries that she's going to meet again and again, wouldn't you?
ofcourse I would but in this case we aren't going to get it so the fact we still got some photos of the reception which is a change to what normally happens is still good for me.