The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Gentry

Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

I just hope that here in the States the feed from the BBC is picked up by someone (Discover, PBS, perhaps even CSPAN) as I know that on the commercial netowrks the "talking heads" will not be still and let the ceremony speak for itself!

Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristens View Post
I just hope that here in the States the feed from the BBC is picked up by someone (Discover, PBS, perhaps even CSPAN) as I know that on the commercial netowrks the "talking heads" will not be still and let the ceremony speak for itself!
My first thought for coverage here in the States is that BBCA would be likely.
Perhaps WE also as they very often run documentaries on the British royals. I'd rather tune in there than a major network that has a chatterbox or um... Paul Burrell.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Gentry

Might have to pick up BBC America in advance of the wedding.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristens View Post
Might have to pick up BBC America in advance of the wedding.
I wonder how soon we will know if they will cover it live?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnEliza View Post
I wonder how soon we will know if they will cover it live?
I just did a search on BBCA website and there is nothing at all listed so far about the royal wedding.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Courtier

I'm thinking since he's the heir and America seems to be interested in the
Windsors that there would be more coverage. Maybe CNN will cover it. They showed Charles and Camilla's wedding live and then Larry King did a show about it later.
I know I'll be taking Friday April 29th off from work.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
Windsors that there would be more coverage. Maybe CNN will cover it. They showed Charles and Camilla's wedding live and then Larry King did a show about it later.
Does anyone remember what network covered Charles and Diana's wedding?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I just did a search on BBCA website and there is nothing at all listed so far about the royal wedding.
I checked it too -- nothing.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I really think that the wedding will be big here in the States just as it will be in Canada and Australia and naturally the UK.

"Princess Diana’s former butler will commentate on the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

The former I'm A Celebrity contestant believes his intimate knowledge of royal protocol made him the ideal choice to provide detailed coverage for US network Fox when the couple marry in London next April."

Only coverage I know of that's been reported so far is Paul Burrell commentating for Fox.

Paul Burrell will commentate on Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding | Unreality Shout

Personally I really hope there IS other coverage as I really don't want to spend this day listening to Paul. I'd probably end up throwing my Waterford crystal tea ware at the TV screen and I really don't want to do that.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnEliza View Post
Does anyone remember what network covered Charles and Diana's wedding?
I know NBC covered Charles and Diana's wedding, though the other networks may have also covered it.

I would imagine it will be on several channels.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I know NBC covered Charles and Diana's wedding, though the other networks may have also covered it.

I would imagine it will be on several channels.
It was on all the major networks. I was 12 and remember being mad because I wanted to watch morning cartoons and every channel I turned to (remember when there were only 5) was showing the wedding. I believe the same thing went for Andrew and Sarah's and Edward and Sophie. I forgot about Fox network.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, thats how I remember it, too.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Several networks covered Princess Diana and Prince Charle's wedding. I will be up bright and early for the wedding.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

A couple of days ago Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira (The Today show) said they would be covering the wedding, so I imagine NBC will be broadcasting it.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Majesty

What time any of us get up or go to bed etc will surely depend on what time of the day the wedding is.

Normally the BRF weddings that I have seen have been 11.00 a.m. London time but if they have a late afternoon wedding then it could be 5 or so hours later and thus changing the planned times for watching.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

If it's 11am it'll be around 3am my time which will be brutal which is why I'm praying for it to be a bit later but somehow I don't see that happening.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Nobility

No matter what time it is, I'll be watching.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
If it's 11am it'll be around 3am my time which will be brutal which is why I'm praying for it to be a bit later but somehow I don't see that happening.
Likewise here. I have already warned the husband and invited various family members over. We just haven't figured out if we're going to stay up all night or get up super early. I lived in the Central Time Zone at the time of Diana and Charles's wedding and "only" had to get up at 5 am to watch.

Very anxious to hear the time!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I've warned my parents they say they aren't going to get up but I doubt they'll be able to avoid it I'm sure I'll be screaming the second Kate arrives to the Abbey. My grandparents want to see it live with me and my friend is getting up early and we'll be on msn early watching together. I'm prob aiming to sleep early and just wake up at 3am and stay awake onwards plus after the wedding is over I'll have other things to do such as saving pictures, watching the post wedding comments on tv and on the boards etc plus I'm planning on recording it on dvd and blue ray. I have Diana's wedding on dvd so I'll definitely be recording this one as well. I don't see me getting much sleep afterwards. Though my plan may change as the day approaches depending on the details.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Nobility

Do you get any Canadian channels? They will cover it, and they don't chat as much as American.