The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

It ends there all I'm asking is for one measly photo I don't think it's that hard to produce. I'm not asking for video, I'm not asking for pictures of them dancing nor am I asking to hear the speeches in full nothing else all I'm only asking for is one measly picture of them perhaps posing near their wedding cake no other members need to be in it just William and Kate that's it. The picture would take 1 second to be taken and then all camera's would leave and that's it they would have the full rest of the night to themselves and the next day and on their honeymoon I'm not asking for that much!And actually they have given us more in the past. When Princess Margret was married cameras were for the first time allowed inside BP and rolled while the guests came inside and went up the stairs. I'm just saying that yes Victoria and Daniel was alot and in no way am I asking for that much but take for example the way Prince Ranier and Princess Grace did it or Princess Maxima and Prince Willem- Alexander who both released one photo from the wedding reception. This allowed the people to feel like they were there and yet wasn't disruptful to the wedding itself.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
With all the hours of goings on leading up to the ceremony, the procession to the Abbey, the ceremony itself and procession back to BP with the balcony kiss, that is quite enough for me and I'd be happy with it. The public is going to have full coverage of the entire wedding itself which is the main event of the day and I think its fitting that the bride and groom be allowed to enjoy their receptions with just family and friends. I imagine there will be photogs there to get the pics of the people arriving for the evening reception which should give us plenty of bling to gawk at but I don't feel we need to see the actual receptions themselves. After a long and stressful wedding day, they need time to themselves to just relax and actually enjoy their wedding parties.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Majesty

Who would take this photo though? When would it be released?

If it is to be all the photographers who have been doing the filming then it is a huge effort to get them in and out.

If one specific photographer (having been at a series of events in this past year with a formal photographer they can take ages to get the one posed photo with the cake etc - not just a second - at my ball last May it took 15 minutes to get the photo my photographer wanted of me in my gear - he wanted it perfect.)

The official photographs of the wedding party will be released after a day or so, or even late in the evening in Britain but wanting anything from the reception - no - let them relax and enjoy that without having to be all formal for outsiders and total strangers.

I don't want to see photos from inside receptions of people I don't know and these are people I don't know.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Courtier

For once I agree with Iluvbertie; I don't feel the need to see a picture of the reception either.
What matters to me is the arrival at the Abbey, the wedding ceremony, the procession back to Buckingham Palace and the balcony appearance. That is what we will get to see (at least I assume that) and that is what, to me, is most important.

I think what CP Victoria and Daniel of Sweden did was extraordinary, but it has not raised my expectations/hopes for the British royal family. Sweden is Sweden and Great Britain is Great Britain, different countries with different habits.

I am Dutch and yes, CP Willem-Alexander and Máxima released a picture from their wedding reception (cutting the cake) but frankly I didn't care for it.

I for one am mostly interested in the official part and that is what will be available for the viewers to see.

I do understand where the ones who want (more) extensive coverage come from, but I don't share that view.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts regarding the wedding of Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock have been deleted as off topic.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Yay! Some of the national news channels here in Canada have sites dedicated to the royal wedding up!!

...can't wait!! Going to be such a fun day!! :)
Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

yes the CBC and the other media outlets here do a great job covering royal events cant wait
Old 01-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Who would take this photo though?
Well the official photographer who takes the regular photos would take it. And well if you mean people you don't know then I guess your referring to William and Kate then cause those would be the only people I'm thinking of. Okay even if it were to take 15 mins tops they'd still have the whole night to themselves. They wouldn't have to be formal. I mean WA and Maxima's photo didn't look staged it just looked like something that happened in the moment and was quickly captured kinda like the one of Diana kneeling down to one of her bridesmaids inside BP. Anyways I get some people don't want the photo and that's fine but I and others too do. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens that day.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Gentry

Tlc

From TLC's website:

TLC has teamed up with ITV Studios America to produce a special week-long Royal lineup featuring Royal editions of some of TLC's most popular series, including a special that focuses on both British and American hoarders and extreme collectors of royal memorabilia. Also included throughout the week are specials with archived and exclusive footage of the Royal family, interviews with members of the Royal family as well as those who have been part of notable Royal events across the decades, and a special round table discussion with Royal experts and a celebrity host, leading into the network's live early morning coverage of the event Friday, April 29. The weekend will also feature a special shortened version of the wedding and all the memorable moments leading up to it.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

So I've figured out how I'm going to celebrate basically the night before the wedding I'm going to cook dinner foor my family and I've never cooked dinner for my family so this will be interesting have no clue what in the heck I'm supposed to make since my family is super picky with food and I want to do a dinner that is leaning towards a traditional british dinner. I'm thinking of doing a roast chicken with veggies and rice or something I dunno but I'll soon figure that out then we'll toast the couple then watch the TLC specials. Wedding morning I'm going to get up and make some orange juice and coffee and perhaps do some crackers with cream cheese if I get hungry. Then when they go off for their lunch we will make our own english breakfast and that night I'm thinking we'll either go out and celebrate or we'll have the tradtional fish and chips.

I also have my outfit set I'll be wearing my crown neckalace with my tiara and sweatoutfit that has a crown on the pants and the jacket. Won't be the first time I've fallen asleep in my regular clothes.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am starting to think that just maybe "Mr. Remote" will be watching all of the goings on with me. He really surprised me a while back. BBCA was running the series "The Tudors" continuously (I started watching it at 4am) and hubby actually didn't say a word... sat there and actually got into it with me for the entire day!

I'll probably start watching the coverage as soon as it starts and stay up the night before until the wedding itself which will air about 6am my time. Not planning on cooking anything but will stock up on goodies that take a second to run to the kitchen for. Perhaps nap between the balcony appearance and the coverage of arrivals for the dinner party if there is any at all.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

^ Ya that's what I'm thinking take a short nap while we waiting for any arrivals coverage we may get from the dinner party. I'm still pretty torn on which channel to tune into.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just hope I Can sleep till 10 am
Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven't decided whether or not im going to sleep the night before or just do an all nighter. Coverage here starts 3am and will prob go until about 5am ish or so and then I'm thinking of taking a nap till 10am when the dinner reception would begin I mean assuming we may get a little bit of coverage of the arrivals.

My mom says I should just tape it and watch it later but I don't feel like it'll be the same if I do cause I want her to see it with me but she refuses to wake up that early though my friend will be up with me and on skype doing live chat during the wedding.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even though it doesn't appear so, the church wedding is a public event. I am interested only in the "doings" up and until the balcony appearance. Everything else is private. I won't be upset if there is no reception photo.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I just have always found it weird how all the other royals release something and the BRF haven't I mean it's their choice yes not arguing that. Guess I've just been spoiled by the foreign royals. My fave is prob Willem Alexander and Maxima very natural didn't look staged at all and actually it looks like they didn't even know the photo was taken. IMO I think what would be too much is demanding to see the speeches and first dance unless it was the couple's choice to broadcast it and IMO Daniel and Victoria really over did it especially with the picture book I think it was their choice though but I would never expect/ask for them to do it like that. If you go to myroyals you'll see all the different coverage over the years for anyone curious.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Gentry

In my marathon of The Tudors on BBC America I have discovered that they are advertising themselves as "The Home of the Royal Wedding"
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Nobility

Royal wedding fever already grips networks - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

"I was at NBC back when Charles and Diana got engaged and had their wedding," Simon said, "and I remember as a young programmer being stunned at the way America became so engrossed in this event and immersed in it. As I recall, it didn't kind of hit its critical mass until just a few weeks leading up to it, but once the train got going, it was a pretty remarkable phenomenon to watch how many people were up all night -- on the West Coast particularly, in the middle of the night -- by the millions."

In the days of DVR, I can't imagine people getting up in the middle of the night, but I can see the masses getting on board as the day gets much closer.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
In the days of DVR, I can't imagine people getting up in the middle of the night, but I can see the masses getting on board as the day gets much closer.
I live on the West Coast, where I believe the wedding begins at 3 am. DVR or no, a group of us are already planning our get together and my sister is flying here specially so we can watch together. My husband has even agreed to make us tea and scones.
S
Old 01-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Courtier

I just got my schedule from work up to the end of April...and I'm definitely not working the 29th!!! (insert happy dance here).

I LOVE IT!!!!!

I get to indulge in all the pomp and ceremony of another Windsor wedding without the guilt of having called in sick!!! LOL . Yeah, I admit, I was going to resort to feigning illness if I had to work and couldn't get someone to switch shifts with me - don't judge!!! LOL

Time to go to Claire's and get me a tiara!! :LOL: