The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:52 PM

I will watch, of course--Eastern Time, US. I have my outfit planned--pink bow fascinator with black feathers (headband--Charming Charleys--$15), pink print nightgown (old, scruffy), and a HUGE pink cocktail ring. One of the stones fell out, but a little hot glue will take care of that.

My hors d'oevres will be cereal and yogurt, and I will finish with tea, properly made.

I remember C&D's wedding very well. William and Catherine's marriage seems to have a stronger foundation and a better chance of great happiness. They make me smile!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
I will watch, of course--Eastern Time, US. I have my outfit planned--pink bow fascinator with black feathers (headband--Charming Charleys--$15), pink print nightgown (old, scruffy), and a HUGE pink cocktail ring. One of the stones fell out, but a little hot glue will take care of that.

My hors d'oevres will be cereal and yogurt, and I will finish with tea, properly made.

I remember C&D's wedding very well. William and Catherine's marriage seems to have a stronger foundation and a better chance of great happiness. They make me smile!
Wow!You have the whole thing better planned than the wedding itself!
Now I fell bad for wearing my PJs.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Gentry

Might have to pick up a tiara to wear while watching. I know I'm overdue for one:)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Courtier

I think it will cover on MSNBC, CNN and ABC??

I did watched Live royal wedding
Prince Charles and Diana
Prince Andrew and sarah
Prince Edward and Sophie
Prince Charles and Camilla

I only missed Princess Anne when I was young as Prince Edward's age..
Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a crown necklace a Buckingham palace mug and I'm going to pick up a little tiara on Wednesday. That's prob what I'm going to wear/have with me while I watch the coverage at what I suspect will be 3am over here.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

I actually got to see some clips from Princess Ann's wedding. Our school teacher wanted us to see some clips from the wedding, so she brought it a TV set. We didn't see it at first (all we saw was the news anchor saying the couple got married). Someone else had taped it but it was only bit and pieces and was the tape was very grainy. I was in 5th grade when Princess Ann got married. Saw all of the other weddings.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

I saw only two weddings: Felipe & Letizia and Victoria & Daniel. The first one was broadcast on RAI and also I recorded the event on VHS. I watched the second one wedding on the PC.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Talking

I found a cute one for $16 at store which the name totally escapes me at the moment. Every mall in America has this store....I wanna say Susies? I'll be in my night gown and I haven't decided exactly what I'm having for breakfast. What's an English breakfast consist of..maybe I'll grill a tomato
Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I found a cute one for $16 at store which the name totally escapes me at the moment. Every mall in America has this store....I wanna say Susies? I'll be in my night gown and I haven't decided exactly what I'm having for breakfast. What's an English breakfast consist of..maybe I'll grill a tomato
I'm probably not going to wear anything special but definitely something very comfortable as I'll be glued to one spot for quite a long time. I've got the perfect setup too. Lazyboy facing a big screen TV with my computer just off to my right hand side. That way I can monitor it both on the internet and TV coverage at the same time Will be brewing my Earl Grey tea with extra bergemot and perhaps have some good cheese on melba toast to munch on. Maybe dig out my crystal champagne flutes and have a toast of the bubbly for the balcony kiss. hehehe.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Courtier

I hope it is on the Australian networks, preferrably ABC News 24. They went into overdrive for Princess Mary's wedding and she married into the Danish Royal House; and there was near blanket coverage of Prince Williams visit so I am hopeful I will see it all live.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm definitely going to have my laptop on as well as the main computer I'll have the dvd player going and the DVR on HDTV. I'll prob make some coffee too but I also want to ask what's a typical English breakfast?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm definitely going to have my laptop on as well as the main computer I'll have the dvd player going and the DVR on HDTV. I'll prob make some coffee too but I also want to ask what's a typical English breakfast?
It's basically a full fry-up, maybe little details change depending where you are in the UK but a full English breakfast for me is always eggs, usually scrambled but maybe fried, sausages, bacon, fried/grilled tomatoes, baked beans (though I hate them so don't have any), fried/grilled mushrooms, some black pudding, some toast & a hash brown. It's a lot of food & probably isn't particularly healthy! Nice though

Also some nice tea and/or orange juice. Done.

Anyway...back on topic, I'll be watching on trusty old BBC.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Eggs and bangers? Hmmm... what did Wills cook for breakfast that morning at Centrepoint? I can't remember. Toast and jam sounds good too. Sheeesh.. now I'm hungry... again!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Nobility

In deference to my mother's Scottish heritage, I will need to add oatmeal so I can have a proper Scottish breakfast! Tea, of course. I doubt that I would have black pudding -- wouldn't know where to buy it, anyway. I have a box of Scottish Breakfast tea, so I am all set. Will be wearing my tartan flannel nightgown. No tiara, bad taste with a nightgown.

I saw:
Princess Anne's wedding
Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding
Prince Andrew and Sarah's wedding
Prince Edward and Sophie's wedding

Just didn't see Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding -- somehow I never heard when it was going to be broadcast.

I can't wait!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the suggestions you guys, I'll see what I can make depending on how awake I am hehe

I've seen:
Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding (CBC)
as well as
Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's wedding(SVT)

the rest of the BR's weddings I missed cause either I was too young or hadn't been born yet.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Commoner

In the US, the question won't be who's covering it, but who's not covering it. It will be all over the broadcast networks and the cable news networks. US TV cannot resist a show like this.

Personally, I plan to watch on C-SPAN. That's where I watched Princess Diana's funeral, and I would be shocked if they don't cover this wedding. The great thing about C-SPAN is that they have calm, intelligent discussion before/after, and there is no blathering during the actual proceedings. They will probably take the BBC feed (camera only), and they feel no compulsion to fill every scrap of silence with commentary. It's the next best thing to being there.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY
I found a cute one for $16 at store which the name totally escapes me at the moment. Every mall in America has this store....I wanna say Susies? :
Claires maybe?

I will be up... Watching, probably in PJ's .... I suspect it will be 4am so maybe coffee or OJ :) and checking TRF!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Nobility

Piers Morgan Angling For First U.S. Interview with Kate Middleton | BBCAmerica - Anglophenia blog
Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

Ok so the wedding is set for 11am, so in April will that be 5am or 6am in EST USA?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

6 I should think.