The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Ya I have CBC and CTV and Global. I also have the US channels but like you said they talk too much and usually doesn't let you take in what's happening. I realized that while watching the Olympics here in Vancouver this year.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Commoner

I still remember getting up at like 4 AM for the weddings of C&D and A&S and I was pretty young. I am very excited that almost 30 years later I will be getting up with my own daughter to watch this wedding. My own mother thought I was nuts back then!!! It will be so fun to share my passion for royalty with my girl. Even my 14y/o son is talking about wanting to watch it!!! We are going to have our own wedding breakfast feast while we watch!!!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNemesis View Post
I still remember getting up at like 4 AM for the weddings of C&D and A&S and I was pretty young. I am very excited that almost 30 years later I will be getting up with my own daughter to watch this wedding. My own mother thought I was nuts back then!!! It will be so fun to share my passion for royalty with my girl. Even my 14y/o son is talking about wanting to watch it!!! We are going to have our own wedding breakfast feast while we watch!!!!!
That sounds like fun
I don't have to work that week so I'm planning to fly to London for some days. I'm still hoping it works. If not, I'll see it on TV anyway

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 12-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Aristocracy

This is the first BIG Royal wedding I'll have been alive/old enough to be aware of. The only other wedding I've watched was Edward & Sophie's which was lovely though on a smaller scale than previous ones I'd seen in clips/news footage etc. I wasn't born when C&D got married & only 2 when A&S got married so am rather excited to actually see a full blown, big, proper Westminster Abbey level Royal Wedding where I can actually enjoy it. All the other big events in my lifetime have usually been rather more sombre unfortunately, funerals & memorial services, glad to get something happy for a change!

Plus I get the day off work, win-win!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A thought just occured to me and I've not even had two cups of coffee yet today!

Many of us are going to be up all night or waking in the wee hours of the dark to feast our eyes on this wedding that we've waited and anticipated for so long.

What do you think of using the chat room here and have a big old online wedding party? I'll bring the Earl Grey and perhaps a few donuts to boot!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Gentry

I'll be so excited I don't think I'll be able to sleep!! This is my first British live royal wedding as I had final exams at school during Sophie and Edwards wedding :(.
I've already told my assistant not to arrange any cases on the 29th and I've got my royal t-shirt and Union Jack waiting and ready to go My BF is already complaing!! I assume NBC will cover.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Commoner

I'm not too interested in watching but I hope to see photos of the dress later in the day.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Could anybody tell me which British or any other channels will probably transmit the ceremony directly?
Old 12-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Courtier

The Live Royal Weddings I've seen so far:

Charles and Diana (even though I planned on watching cartoons and couldn't)
Andrew and Sarah
Edward and Sophie
Joachim(sp) and Marie (watched it here through a link)

I don't know why I didn't watch Victoria and Daniels'.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am excited, too. But the DVR is my friend. So a good night's sleep and the ability to fast forward and pause will be mine. However...I intend to wear all my good jewelry at once while watching it!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I am excited, too. But the DVR is my friend. So a good night's sleep and the ability to fast forward and pause will be mine. However...I intend to wear all my good jewelry at once while watching it!
I intend to do both -- set my alarm to get up, and set my DVR to record in case I DON'T get up!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

^Same too I have that as a backup plan. I remember watching Concert for Diana and fell asleep half way through. It was really early here when it started(well not as early as the wedding but still!)
Old 12-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Commoner

I will be up w/ the rest of yall. Im a nurse so im use to the late nights, but im really looking forward to my first royal wedding and having the TV to myself the whole night and next day, as I will be off work and my husband will not. Planning to DVR one channel and flip around the rest of the time. Maybe even a viewing party with my sister's.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Y'all are making me excited. Actually I have a rhinestone tiara....I'll have to wear it while I'm watching! I'll set my alarm and make a pot of coffee. I'm going to watch on TV and be on here as well. If I had the money and the time I would travel to London.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know! Finally in this century a Princess to be proud of, with no past history of bad behavior.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

I will definitely be watching it!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

I've never watched a Royal Wedding Live, so I'm uber excited about these one . I assume here in Brazil it will be around 05:00/06:00, not so bad..... But nonetheless I'll be in here just in case I feel the urge to blink for more than 10 seconds :P
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I know! Finally in this century a Princess to be proud of, with no past history of bad behavior.
What do you mean?? Who's there not to be proud of....Mette-Marit? So far there's no history of bad behavior.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

LOL Hope its not like The Current Prince of Wales second wedding I Was up at 5 am...
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Of course I shall watch; what time will it take place, does anyone know for certain?
I really wish they'd have it later in the day!