The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Does anyone know who'll air the arrivals? Some stations will only air the actual start of the ceremony. I missed the arrivals at Victorias wedding and don't want to miss this one.
I believe BBC and ITV will cover this moment for sure,showing the wedding nearly all day along

Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Courtier

Programs Leading up to Royal Wedding

I thought we needed a thread for Television programs leading up to the Royal Wedding. Please feel free to post international and US coverage of programming up to the day of the wedding.

TLC:

TLC is running programs all week. For those that have access to this network, be sure to tune in every night this week.

04/24/11 Sunday:

Currently showing "Charles and Di Once Upon a Time". Detailing their wedding. I can't believe the hysteria of the crowds at that time. Very interesitng to watch. I have never seen some of this footage before. Very interesting.

08:00 p.m. CST. Untold Stories of a Royal Bridesmaid. India Hikcks shares memories of being a bridesmaid to Prince Charles and Diana's wedding.

09:00 p.m. CST Royalty/ 30 defining days. Britians Royal Family is profiled in this look at 30 key dates in the last three decased that have made them what they are today. (2011 documentary)

Old 04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know is CBC's broadcast commercial free cause CTV has indicated they will air the ceremony commercial free.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Courtier

^^previous
My guess is since the feed is from the BBC and they are airing it commercial free, that CBC will not have commercials. Just a guess :)
Old 04-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Does anyone know who'll air the arrivals? Some stations will only air the actual start of the ceremony. I missed the arrivals at Victorias wedding and don't want to miss this one.
I would assume NBC would probably be airing the arrivals since coverage is starting at 4 AM EST. I'm pretty sure BBC will be airing the arrivals but,you might not have BBC. I thank my lucky stars my cable provider has both BBC World and BBC America. Lucky Girl!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
^^previous
My guess is since the feed is from the BBC and they are airing it commercial free, that CBC will not have commercials. Just a guess :)
I hope your right cause I'm not loving the people doing CTV's coverage so I thought I'd go with CBC instead.

ETA: I was wrong it was Global not CTV
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Programs on TV leading up to the wedding of William and Catherine

With the wedding approaching this week, there are going to be a lot of television programs relating to William and Kate's wedding this Friday. As there really isn't a thread other than the (cough) Lifetime movie, I decided to start one.

I just finished watching TLC's "Charles and Di.. Once Upon A Time". I did watch the wedding back in 1981 and it was so nice to watch it once again and with such good footage. What I really enjoyed were those little clips that made the whole thing a wee bit humorous. And to my surprise.. Mr. Remote watched the whole thing with me. Being hearing impaired, I'm used to reading stuff that's CC'ed and the side messages I laughed at, he wanted to know why.

A few things came out in this program that I never knew before. I didn't know that after Charles and Diana left for their honeymoon that the Queen and the DoE changed and went to a party later on. In the program it just said her cousin... now I'm wondering who it was.

Quip from Mr Remote: "The brides have to have a long train on the gown so if they feel like running, several people can step on it and stop her".
Old 04-25-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Something about French broadcast of the event
Le mariage princier sur Noblesse et Royautés | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I watched that program too, it was interesting the little facts that they had. There were some inaccuracies too, though- for example, they kept referring to Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (now Lady Sarah Chatto) as just "Sarah Armstrong". They were also inconsistent with their verb tenses. I first noticed it when they said "the Queen Mother has been ill recently"....

Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

Just added BBC America to my cable lineup :) I was concerned the American broadcasts would not cover the other foreign royals as well as BBC so I decided to cover all my bases! I think I'll watch BBCAmerica and jump between that and CNN- plus of course I'll be watching the Threads and discussing with fellow TRF members :)
Old 04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
You just reminded me Lucien that I read the media briefing on there and the youtube stream will be straight from BBC just with no commentary and with the people from St James and Clarence House providing online commentary.
Thank you for letting me know about this. I have a few questions, though.
  1. Since it's straight from BBC will we still be able to see the royals leaving the palace, hotels, etc or just have a live feed from inside the church?
  2. Is the online commentary provided by St James and Clarence House going to be audio or just Twitter or closed caption?
  3. I do not have a television and live in America. Will any of the American TV websites be doing online broadcasts two hours before the wedding like the regular television broadcasts will be or will it just be the ceremony? I tried looking on their websites, but couldn't seem to find any information.
  4. I see that the BBC wedding website will broadcast the wedding online, but it only starts 15 minutes before the wedding and I doubt I would be able to view it outside of Great Britain.
Thank you for your patience and assistance. I'll try to look at the websites again to see if I missed some important information.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Nobility

I think many are now holding their breath since it is now supposed to rain. What would be the fun in watching William and Kate wave from a car?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Oona
I would assume NBC would probably be airing the arrivals since coverage is starting at 4 AM EST. I'm pretty sure BBC will be airing the arrivals but,you might not have BBC. I thank my lucky stars my cable provider has both BBC World and BBC America. Lucky Girl!
Yes I do have BBC America! I have so many channels I didn't even realize I had it:)

Just to make sure BBC is doing a live feed right?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Courtier

I've watched, or listened, to a few of the programs on Lifetime and finally had to turn the TV off. They were getting things wrong left and right and my blood pressure was going up fussing at the TV.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
I think many are now holding their breath since it is now supposed to rain. What would be the fun in watching William and Kate wave from a car?
No, there is chance of rain - that is the difference.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I didn't know that after Charles and Diana left for their honeymoon that the Queen and the DoE changed and went to a party later on. In the program it just said her cousin... now I'm wondering who it was.
Not sure of the context here, but could it have been a reference to Lady Elizabeth Anson? She is a cousin of the Queen and has run a party planning business for decades.

Party Planners - A Wealth of Experience
Old 04-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Anything about portuguese television?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
Not sure of the context here, but could it have been a reference to Lady Elizabeth Anson? She is a cousin of the Queen and has run a party planning business for decades.

Party Planners - A Wealth of Experience
That's very possible. Ironic too that the prewedding party for all of the visiting royals is being planned by Lady Elizabeth Anson too. Thanks Frideswide!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

in my country, the broadcasting starts at 5:00 in the morning, so i have to wake up very early...
Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Nobility

In Poland royal wedding will be broadcast by

TVP1 -> from 10 to 15 polish time (from 9:00 am to 2 pm english time)

TVN24 -> The "Royal Wedding" - it's special program about preparations to the wedding; daily at 15.15 ( 3:15 pm polish time)

Transmission of the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29 on this program is probably at 10 am polish time