The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Courtier

I am in Australia and I am still totally confused as to where I will be watching. There are so many options. ABC1, ABC2, ABC News 24, Channel 9, Channel 7 and Channel 10 are the free-to-air channels planning various levels of coverage (e.g. Channel 7 will commence at 4pm - 4 hrs before the wedding). On pay TV there is UKTV - which will feature a HD simulcast of the BBC One coverage - as well as Sky News Australia (HD simulcast of Sky News UK) and CNN.

I intent to get home from school ASAP so I can be on the counch by 4pm and not miss a minute. I have been waiting my entitre teenage years for something like this in an approprate TV time and there will need to be an act of Gof to stop me watching!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Courtier

I want to catch all the commentary up to the wedding ceremony so was planning on getting up at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. (US CST) There won't be any coverage in the US on television until 04:00 a.m., so I am hoping to see some live streeming on the internet directly from London. Anyone have an idea of what site will be offering this type of coverage at least 2 hours pror to the event?

Old 04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^ MSNBC and BBC America are starting their television coverage at 2:00 am (US CST). All the other networks will be starting at 3:00 AM (CST).

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Really? where did you hear that? Last I heard they were going to have live coverage at 4-8 a.m. and repeat coverage at 9:00 p.m. that night.
They still are. NBC denied that they are scaling back.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Before, we were all wondering who would air, now the question is were to watch it. I already have some streamings links for the major US channels. On the day, if necessary I'll gladly share it :).

I will deliberately get up early on Thrusday so that during the afternoon I can take a nap. Or go to bed right after 12:00. By 2:30 I plan to wake up and wait for the ceremony which 'll start here at 5 am. This is a one in a lifetime event for a royalist like me. Sleep I'll get to do on the next day.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

So many channels are airing it so I'm not sure who to watch either. Probably CNN and NBC for me...along with a live stream. Even TLC is airing it. This is so overwhelming.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Majesty

I will be catching this even via a live stream on the web. Most likely getting up at two or two thirty (NY time) to make sure I miss as little as possible.

The excitement is building up. Only eight more days.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
So many channels are airing it so I'm not sure who to watch either. Probably CNN and NBC for me...along with a live stream. Even TLC is airing it. This is so overwhelming.
I have like 8 channels to choose from I'm really beginning to lose my head over which I'm going to record.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I have like 8 channels to choose from I'm really beginning to lose my head over which I'm going to record.
Wonderful!Tell me please which are the channels and what time the ceremony will begin to be broadcasted(British time).
Thank You in advance
Old 04-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
I know I had to make a decision cause I can't record all and I don't want to be switching back and forth between channels. I'll record it on CNN cause Anderson Cooper and NBC cause Matt Lauer. And I think I'll record ABC because Barbara Walters should be broadcasting too...it's exhausting! I'm definitely not recording the wedding on channels like TLC.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

Okay........ I have officially lost it. I just went out and rented a 55" High def TV. Does anyone know which networks are going to air live in HD?

Good thing the palace turned down the 3D option, otherwise I would have had to rent that equipment too.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Okay........ I have officially lost it. I just went out and rented a 55" High def TV. Does anyone know which networks are going to air live in HD?

Good thing the palace turned down the 3D option, otherwise I would have had to rent that equipment too.
now I wanna watch at your house!

The images will be the same but the things is, which channel will have the best panel of commentators?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Wonderful!Tell me please which are the channels and what time the ceremony will begin to be broadcasted(British time).
Thank You in advance
Well the channels airing for me are CBC, CTV, Global, NBC, ABC, FOX, TLC and CNN no idea about British time maybe someone else can help you out with that.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I checked BBC World News' schedule and on the website it lists the wedding but on my tv guide it's not listed
Doesn't list it on mine either, I had to manually set the timer. CBC, CTV and Global all have the wedding listed, but not BBC World.

Ok, is it a little weird that I got really giggly and happy that I saw the wedding listed on my PVR guide???
Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Doesn't list it on mine either, I had to manually set the timer. CBC, CTV and Global all have the wedding listed, but not BBC World.

Ok, is it a little weird that I got really giggly and happy that I saw the wedding listed on my PVR guide???
Oh good thankfully I'm not alone on that so is it guaranteed it will air on BBC News World I just don't want to be waiting for it on the morning and then nothing and I'm like scrambling trying to pick another channel!

Also nah your not weird I screamed up and down for like a good 5 mins. Have I mentioned I picked out my outfit yes I have an outfit for 3am in the morning haha
Old 04-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34
Really? where did you hear that? Last I heard they were going to have live coverage at 4-8 a.m. and repeat coverage at 9:00 p.m. that night.
They were discussing it on MSNBC last night
Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I know I had to make a decision cause I can't record all and I don't want to be switching back and forth between channels. I'll record it on CNN cause Anderson Cooper and NBC cause Matt Lauer. And I think I'll record ABC because Barbara Walters should be broadcasting too...it's exhausting! I'm definitely not recording the wedding on channels like TLC.
My friend has Sky and ITV so she's going to record those two along with BBC so in terms of alternative angles inside the church I'm covered since those are the only 3 channels allowed inside. But for just general coverage I'm debating between CBC Ctv and Global. Normally I'd consider CNN but they seem a little what's the word idk they just seem so surprised at the smallest thing like "Omg they got down on their knees to pray" I dunno least that's how they strike me. No way I'd tape TLC though. I set my DVR to tape CBC for now but that might change.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My friend has Sky and ITV so she's going to record those two along with BBC so in terms of alternative angles inside the church I'm covered since those are the only 3 channels allowed inside. But for just general coverage I'm debating between CBC Ctv and Global. Normally I'd consider CNN but they seem a little what's the word idk they just seem so surprised at the smallest thing like "Omg they got down on their knees to pray" I dunno least that's how they strike me. No way I'd tape TLC but I have to see who has the longest coverage I member checking my tv guide and one goes till 10am while the others go till 7am PST
Lucky you have a friend in the UK to record ITV! That might be an interesting one to watch as well! I wish we had all the UK channels in Canada and not just online. that way I wouldn't have to worry about recording the coverage, it would make my life so much easier!! I'm optimistic that given the early morning here that I won't face a lot of Internet traffic and the playback from the live stream will be smooth and I won't have any issues - I just have to keep saying " it will run smoothly, it will run smoothly, it will run smoothly"!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Commoner

I am probably going to watch it on either BBC America (which starts at 1:00am Mountain Time in the US), or on CNN. Luckily, I am taking that day off and have a three day weekend to recover before having to go back to work.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Serene Highness

1 week to go, people!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Aristocracy

7 days to go!!!!

here in puerto rico all the most important tv channels will broadcast the wedding, but i have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning!!!! it's a sacrifice, but it's well worth it!!!!