Wedding of William & Catherine: Television Coverage and Lead-Up Programs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just reminded me Lucien that I read the media briefing on there and the youtube stream will be straight from BBC just with no commentary and with the people from St James and Clarence House providing online commentary.

Thank you for letting me know about this. I have a few questions, though.

1. Since it's straight from BBC will we still be able to see the royals leaving the palace, hotels, etc or just have a live feed from inside the church?
  2. Is the online commentary provided by St James and Clarence House going to be audio or just Twitter or closed caption?
  3. I do not have a television and live in America. Will any of the American TV websites be doing online broadcasts two hours before the wedding like the regular television broadcasts will be or will it just be the ceremony? I tried looking on their websites, but couldn't seem to find any information.
  4. I see that the BBC wedding website will broadcast the wedding online, but it only starts 15 minutes before the wedding and I doubt I would be able to view it outside of Great Britain.
Thank you for your patience and assistance. I'll try to look at the websites again to see if I missed some important information.

I think many are now holding their breath since it is now supposed to rain. What would be the fun in watching William and Kate wave from a car?

Lady Oona said:
I would assume NBC would probably be airing the arrivals since coverage is starting at 4 AM EST. I'm pretty sure BBC will be airing the arrivals but,you might not have BBC. I thank my lucky stars my cable provider has both BBC World and BBC America. Lucky Girl!

Yes I do have BBC America! I have so many channels I didn't even realize I had it:)

Just to make sure BBC is doing a live feed right?

I've watched, or listened, to a few of the programs on Lifetime and finally had to turn the TV off. They were getting things wrong left and right and my blood pressure was going up fussing at the TV.

I think many are now holding their breath since it is now supposed to rain. What would be the fun in watching William and Kate wave from a car?

No, there is chance of rain - that is the difference.

I didn't know that after Charles and Diana left for their honeymoon that the Queen and the DoE changed and went to a party later on. In the program it just said her cousin... now I'm wondering who it was.

Not sure of the context here, but could it have been a reference to Lady Elizabeth Anson? She is a cousin of the Queen and has run a party planning business for decades.

Party Planners - A Wealth of Experience

Not sure of the context here, but could it have been a reference to Lady Elizabeth Anson? She is a cousin of the Queen and has run a party planning business for decades.

Party Planners - A Wealth of Experience

That's very possible. Ironic too that the prewedding party for all of the visiting royals is being planned by Lady Elizabeth Anson too. Thanks Frideswide!

in my country, the broadcasting starts at 5:00 in the morning, so i have to wake up very early...

In Poland royal wedding will be broadcast by

TVP1 -> from 10 to 15 polish time (from 9:00 am to 2 pm english time)

TVN24 -> The "Royal Wedding" - it's special program about preparations to the wedding; daily at 15.15 ( 3:15 pm polish time)

Transmission of the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29 on this program is probably at 10 am polish time

Last edited:
We are able to watch royal wedding-related coverage just about 24/7 here and it looks like there will be lots of options. TLC is going overboard (although we are loving it). Tonight is Prince Harry night.

I'm sooo ready for this wedding to happen! really! I feel like a mother who is past 1 week of her due date
I'm very excited for the ceremony but also for this amount of media around it to cease! they are literally everywhere!
Now I can understand and feel sorry for those who don't care about the union. It's overwhelming.

anyways, I'll try to rejoice cause next month we'll be holding to any kind of news out there. :)

Thank you for letting me know about this. I have a few questions, though.

1. Since it's straight from BBC will we still be able to see the royals leaving the palace, hotels, etc or just have a live feed from inside the church?
  2. Is the online commentary provided by St James and Clarence House going to be audio or just Twitter or closed caption?
  3. I do not have a television and live in America. Will any of the American TV websites be doing online broadcasts two hours before the wedding like the regular television broadcasts will be or will it just be the ceremony? I tried looking on their websites, but couldn't seem to find any information.
  4. I see that the BBC wedding website will broadcast the wedding online, but it only starts 15 minutes before the wedding and I doubt I would be able to view it outside of Great Britain.
Thank you for your patience and assistance. I'll try to look at the websites again to see if I missed some important information.

cbs will start the coverage of the wedding at 4 a.m.
latinamerican tv in usa will begin their coverage at 5 a.m.
cnn will begin it's coverage at 5:30 a.m., or so i heard.
i don't know about nbc, abc and fox coverage of the wedding yet,
and i read online that youtube will broadcast the wedding...is it a live broadcasting? i don't know yet...

i hope this will give you some help...

Um... until Saturday it doesn't seem like I'm going to be getting much sleep. The onslaught of special programming is everywhere you look on American TV.

If you can get the chance to watch or DVD it, one that has kept me very enraptured is Ben Fogle's "Prince William's Africa". Its being aired on BBCA here and Mr. Remote knows that I will watch anything and everything to do with this upcoming wedding. I just wished he had been awake to watch this one program with me.

Those of you that watch the posts here know Ben Fogle's been invited to the wedding as he's with Tusk which William is a patron of. And... jokingly says he's mistaken for looking like William too. This is one of the (up to now) rare programs I've seen that puts the focus on William and what he really believes in rather than his identity as a royal.

I can totally now understand why he took Kate there to propose to her and to share with her his amazing experiences there. In the program, I believe the Ian Craig that was interviewed is also Jecca Craig's father.

For me, although many programs are pushing how much like his mother he is (and there IS a lot of her in him), in this one its pure William and I see both parents shaping the man he is.

BTW: have them tissues ready, I needed them.

Um... until Saturday it doesn't seem like I'm going to be getting much sleep. The onslaught of special programming is everywhere you look on American TV.

If you can get the chance to watch or DVD it, one that has kept me very enraptured is Ben Fogle's "Prince William's Africa". Its being aired on BBCA here and Mr. Remote knows that I will watch anything and everything to do with this upcoming wedding. I just wished he had been awake to watch this one program with me.

Those of you that watch the posts here know Ben Fogle's been invited to the wedding as he's with Tusk which William is a patron of. And... jokingly says he's mistaken for looking like William too. This is one of the (up to now) rare programs I've seen that puts the focus on William and what he really believes in rather than his identity as a royal.

I can totally now understand why he took Kate there to propose to her and to share with her his amazing experiences there. In the program, I believe the Ian Craig that was interviewed is also Jecca Craig's father.

For me, although many programs are pushing how much like his mother he is (and there IS a lot of her in him), in this one its pure William and I see both parents shaping the man he is.

BTW: have them tissues ready, I needed them.

Well I am glad Mr. Remote is looking after your obsession. :lol: My hubby has Remote Attention Deficit Disorder. He can't stay on one channel more than a few minutes and often is flipping between 2-3 different programs trying to catch the action between commercials. :ohmy: That is why I have my own TV and remote.

I don't get BBC America. It isn't included in my cable package and I don't see the need to pay for it to be added since I prefer the real BBC rather than the American version. Wish I could have seen this program though.

Well I am glad Mr. Remote is looking after your obsession. :lol: My hubby has Remote Attention Deficit Disorder. He can't stay on one channel more than a few minutes and often is flipping between 2-3 different programs trying to catch the action between commercials. :ohmy: That is why I have my own TV and remote.

I don't get BBC America. It isn't included in my cable package and I don't see the need to pay for it to be added since I prefer the real BBC rather than the American version. Wish I could have seen this program though.

Good Grief! Are we married to brothers? :ROFLMAO:

When William and Kate got engaged I told him I was counting up the hours I had to spend while he watched football and adding them up becuase come April I was cashing in for equal time. It worked. Of course right now its Stanley Cup playoff time and we are both very avid Red Wing fans so any playoff games are big in this house. BTW: to keep this "sorta" in the mood of the Royal Forums, a wee bit of history.
The Stanley Cup is the ONLY 'prize" that has been the same over the years. It was originally donated by Lord Stanley of Preston, the Governor General of Canada back in 1893 as the prize to the best team. Since then its been added onto but its still the same Cup.

I am loving all the lead in to the wedding although some of the stuff I've seen has been very slanted (especially the 30 days in royal history from the last 30 years). The minute I saw Paul Burrell and Katie Nicholls, I knew what slant they were going to present. :bang:

It seems TV channels here are showing an incredible amount of programs about the royals before the wedding. It is quite astonishing really since they rarely do that. You would think they would have shown a lot more on this topic when Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (or anyone of the Scandinavian royals) got married since she is from our neighbouring country but no (I might be wrong of course since I was in Australia at the time, so correct me if I'm wrong). On the actual wedding day YLE TV1 is broadcasting for five hours which is really unusual from them (again, not sure how long they broadcasted last summer from Sweden) and another channel has a one hour special later in the evening.

I just finished watching two wedding related programs on TV. The first one was the first part of BBC's Britain's Royal Weddings
BBC - BBC One Programmes - Britain's Royal Weddings
and the other TLC's William and Kate: Inside the Royal Wedding
YouTube - William & Kate: Inside The Royal Wedding - Sneak Peek
TLC Royal Wedding Special | CelebrityChat.info

I especially liked the part where "Lino Carbosiero, Kate’s favorite hairdresser" showed his "wedding Kate" hairstyle. I really hope Catherine would choose something similar to that.
Did anyone of you happen to watch the "inside" documentary when it aired in Britain in the end of March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom