The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Commoner

A little off topic, so please excuse me. Does anyone know if Prince William and his bride will visit British Columbia on their trip to Canada?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Not according to this;
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1-a-30159.html

Old 02-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Gentry

I'm hoping that TLC will pickup the wedding coverage from the BBC
Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Really? I actually think ALOT of people are interested. Yes there will always be people who don't care but IMO there is a great deal of interest and if I remmeber correctly TLC will air the wedding along with documentaries/specials in the week leading up. I beleive the article is posted in here somewhere.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

I was at meeting in Southern California recently, with perhaps a dozen people in the room. Three of us were going to DVR the Royal Wedding, and two more asked when it was, as they are considering watching/DVRing it too. So at least in fashion- and media-conscious California, there is interest.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Im interested
Old 02-19-2011, 03:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

The wedding will be around 3am my time...I wonder if I just should stay up or just record it.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm going to sleep REALLY early that day and set my alarm for 3am IMO it won't be the same watching it later as it would be live.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I'm going to sleep REALLY early that day and set my alarm for 3am IMO it won't be the same watching it later as it would be live.
I'm hosting a wedding sleepover with family and colleagues. We will all be watching it live. Can't wait!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Nobility

CSW how much are you going to be watching together? It will be much fun. Great idea!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Courtier

The wedding starts 4 am my time, so I will be calling it an early night on the 28th and waking up early enough to have time to get some tea ready and to make sure everything is ready to record!!.

Does anyone here in Canada have any idea when the coverage on the day starts? Is it going to start an hour before the wedding?, 2 hours before the wedding? I am guessing 1 hour before, but I would be so mad at myself if coverage started 2 hours before the wedding and I missed recording that hour!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Commoner

It starts 6am my time so it's not that early. I will probably get up at 430 or 5.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Starts at 11 my time I'll have just come back from Munich.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

The wedding starts at 6 am my time, but ill probably start watching from 4 in the morning, so I can watch the arrival of the guests. I'm gonna miss school that day, but I don't mind, It's not the same watching it later, chatting live with everyone here was fun at Victorias wedding I can only imagine for this wedding how it'll be!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
I think I'm gonna do that to. It's not the same when it's not live.
Going to bed early is not easy for me...but I'm definitely going to try this time.

Now I just need to find out which channel to watch it on.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

I'm usually up until 4 or 5 anyways, so I'm probably just going to stay up a few hours longer to watch it (the ceremony starts at 6:00 AM here, and the coverage likely a while before that). It sounds easier than shifting my entire sleep pattern and better than watching a recording.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post

Does anyone here in Canada have any idea when the coverage on the day starts? Is it going to start an hour before the wedding?, 2 hours before the wedding? I am guessing 1 hour before, but I would be so mad at myself if coverage started 2 hours before the wedding and I missed recording that hour!
No idea yet CTV hasn't said anything yet I'm going to take a gamble and say an hour before coverage will start. I think they will prob announce all this in March. LORD! it's almost time jeez feels like it was just yesterday I was being woken up by my mother to tell me they had gotten engaged ahh what a day that was I was so gone in class that day thank god for my recorder hah
Old 02-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554

No idea yet CTV hasn't said anything yet I'm going to take a gamble and say an hour before coverage will start. I think they will prob announce all this in March. LORD! it's almost time jeez feels like it was just yesterday I was being woken up by my mother to tell me they had gotten engaged ahh what a day that was I was so gone in class that day thank god for my recorder hah
it does seem like yesterday!!! Although I found out on facebook when I read the official facebook feed - I immediately turned on the TV and made some tea and didn't move for at least 3 hours - I just channel flipped between BBC world on satellite and sky on my xbox!! Was a fun day!!!

Anyway, I have the occasional night shift at work, so I think my best bet is to treat it like that, nap a lot on the 28th and stay up all night and nap after the coverage is over and go to bed early on the 29th!. At least that way I won't miss a thing! :)
Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Strange the thread got moved anyways.... I'm planning on basically spending the rest of April 29th making folders with photos and then of course recording the entertainment shows that night. The next day I'm going to develop the photos and put them in an album along with my HQ pics from Charles and Diana's wedding. So I'll prob be dead for 2 days but it'll be worth it.

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding Day Live Via Internet Feed - Yahoo! News
Old 02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Strange the thread got moved anyways.... I'm planning on basically spending the rest of April 29th making folders with photos and then of course recording the entertainment shows that night. The next day I'm going to develop the photos and put them in an album along with my HQ pics from Charles and Diana's wedding. So I'll prob be dead for 2 days but it'll be worth it.

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding Day Live Via Internet Feed - Yahoo! News
ghost_night554 , I love your devotion!

can't believe we are almost 2 months aways from it!

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Closed Thread