The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Commoner

I'm not sure this is the correct category, but NBC is giving away a trip to London for the wedding. Obviously this doesn't include entrance to the wedding itself, but still - an all expense paid trip to London would be fun.

Enter to win TODAY's Royal Treatment contest - TODAY People - The Royals - TODAYshow.com

Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM

Hey Wedding Watchers,

I work at Ovation TV in the US. This weekend, we're airing a program called William and Kate: A Modern Royal Romance on
Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 08:30PM, 11:30PM
Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 05:30PM
Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 04:00AM

You can check out a clip here!
http://www.ovationtv.com/programs/1141-william-and-kate

Thanks for watching!

Old 02-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The article just implies that your program will be a re-hash of what we already know.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Nobility

Thanks! Is there a way to watch your programs for people who don't get the Ovation channel?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Commoner

I caught the last 15 minutes yesterday, and noticed you have a bunch of royalty-based programming...for example I dvr'd a program about "becoming a prince" and another about Diana. I hate to sound ignorant but I've never heard of your channel until I happened upon it yesterday...what is your format/premise?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just in case you look back into the forums for feedback, I'd like to say that one big drawback to your programming is that it is not closed captioned for the hearing impaired. I realize that it isn't a big deal for most viewers but it did keep me from watching the programs.

Added a day later...

The program Becoming a Prince wasn't closed captioned. I did watch the program Bertie and Elizabeth tonight and it was simply fantastic and very well done AND closed captioned
Old 02-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know how long the coverage on the day will be??. Prince Charles's wedding to Camilla was 3 1/2 hours. I was just watching Sophie & Edwards wedding when I was trying to copy it off my VCR and it started 1/2 hour before the service, but they had 1 hour of pre wedding coverage depending where you live. I think in total it was about 3 hours or so as well.

I'm guessing with coverage of arrivals, ceremony, departures and balcony appearance it could be 4-5 hours?. Does that make sense or am I way out??
How long do you think the wedding coverage will be on the day??? :)
Old 02-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

4-5 hours is probably about right. :)
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
4-5 hours is probably about right. :)
Not more? I remember when our CP Couple got married that the TV-coverage was on from 7:00am - 01:30/02:30am (cant remember the exact endtime)...
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB
Not more? I remember when our CP Couple got married that the TV-coverage was on from 7:00am - 01:30/02:30am (cant remember the exact endtime)...
Unfortunately we won't be as fortunate with this wedding if history is anything to go by! I have about 13 hours of coverage from Victoria and Daniel's wedding recorded, yet if I were to combine the coverage I have of Charles's wedding to Diana and wedding to Camilla, Andrew and Sarah's wedding and Edward and Sophie's wedding it might make around 10 hours or so.

I'd LOVE to see William and Kate's wedding have the kind of coverage Victoria & Daniel had, but I doubt it will happen. I'll be glued to my tv lovin' every moment in any case. Plus, it's kinda fun to have it play out in your mind - how the first dance went, who talked to who at the reception, who said what during the speeches... :)
Old 02-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Unfortunately we won't be as fortunate with this wedding if history is anything to go by! I have about 13 hours of coverage from Victoria and Daniel's wedding recorded, yet if I were to combine the coverage I have of Charles's wedding to Diana and wedding to Camilla, Andrew and Sarah's wedding and Edward and Sophie's wedding it might make around 10 hours or so.

I'd LOVE to see William and Kate's wedding have the kind of coverage Victoria & Daniel had, but I doubt it will happen. I'll be glued to my tv lovin' every moment in any case. Plus, it's kinda fun to have it play out in your mind - how the first dance went, who talked to who at the reception, who said what during the speeches... :)
The MOST I can see us getting IF ANYTHING is perhaps some news coverage of arrivals to the night time reception and maybe a picture or so according to Richard it hasn't been sorted but they're considering..he told me a big meeting will be held shortly and media coverage will be revealed.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
The BRF are a lot more private then European royal couples. We will see the wedding, carriage ride and balcony appearance. We'll possible see the arrivals of guests to the evening dinner Charles is hosting and that will be it. No wedding breakfast shown or first dance unfortunately.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder if the BRF makes their own private videos during the reception. Like a friend filming instead of a BBC cameraman. I would think someone would capture it. I know it would probably never be shown to the rest of us but, if I were Kate I would won't everything on film to watch later.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
The MOST I can see us getting IF ANYTHING is perhaps some news coverage of arrivals to the night time reception and maybe a picture or so according to Richard it hasn't been sorted but they're considering..he told me a big meeting will be held shortly and media coverage will be revealed.
Getting arrivals at the night reception would be nice!! I could see the BBC airing that if the opportunity is there, but I have a feeling that the CBC, CTV and Global might not covering that due to the main coverage being earlier in the day and the reception being hours later, though they could cover that on CBC newsworld and CTV newsnet as they are the dedicated news networks and they tend to show more extensive coverage there!!

Ghost...you should check out the Hauppauge HD PVR. It allows you to record HD content!! You can get it at Future Shop or Best Buy. Plus, if you hook it up to your DVR, you can get all the stuff off of it and keep it in HD.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Just a quick note on who will carry it here in the US. I found when Charles and Camillia were married that CNN kept quiet during the event. I will see what happens but I will more than likly watch it online like I did for the Crown Princess of Sweden.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
I wonder if the BRF makes their own private videos during the reception. Like a friend filming instead of a BBC cameraman. I would think someone would capture it. I know it would probably never be shown to the rest of us but, if I were Kate I would won't everything on film to watch later.
If I remember correctly Sara actually said he biggest regret was not taking any private photos. No one had though to bring their own camera so they could have some "candid shots" as she put it.

As for arrivals I can see Global cutting coverage but I can def see CBC CTV staying on especially considering CTV has a whole website dedicated to this wedding.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Nobility

TLC is going to show the wedding

Last night the Learning Channel ran 2 shows about William & Kate and announced that they are going to have Royalty Week at the time of the wedding including coverage of the wedding itself. I have my fingers crossed that they choose a knowledgable and professional host.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Watching the Wedding Live

Here in London, Ontario we have a local theatre that is planning to host a Wedding Breakfast starting at 5:30 am. They are going to be showing the wedding live on a huge screen and serving an English Breakfast Tea that includes, scones, jam, cream, finger sandwiches, tea and cakes (Fairy Cakes, Battenburg cake, tarts and so on) along with some champagne and orange juice to toast the bride and groom. The event will be held at the Palace Theatre (www.palacetheatre.ca) and they are planning door prizes and contests for the "best hat & handbag", "best tiara" among other ideas. Are any other places in Canada or elsewhere in the world hosting similiar events? Can we have a listing so people can attend if they want to?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleraine View Post
Here in London, Ontario we have a local theatre that is planning to host a Wedding Breakfast starting at 5:30 am. They are going to be showing the wedding live on a huge screen and serving an English Breakfast Tea that includes, scones, jam, cream, finger sandwiches, tea and cakes (Fairy Cakes, Battenburg cake, tarts and so on) along with some champagne and orange juice to toast the bride and groom. The event will be held at the Palace Theatre (www.palacetheatre.ca) and they are planning door prizes and contests for the "best hat & handbag", "best tiara" among other ideas. Are any other places in Canada or elsewhere in the world hosting similiar events? Can we have a listing so people can attend if they want to?

what a fun idea! i haven't heard of anything in this part of the country but it could still happen.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Courtier

This is such a lovely and enciting idea. Hah, had I the opportunity to participate in such an event, how happy would I be, unfortunately, I have it not. But to all those happy present, I am wishing a lot of joy.