Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to one of the royal reporters, tomorrow we might have a better idea of who's attending.

SkyNewsHack Paul Harrison
#royalwedding -expecting a fuller "official" wedding guest list on Saturday, including celebs, royals and politicians + seating plan.

8 hours ago

Are there going to be any pre-wedding events like the concerts that we saw before the Swedish and Danish royal weddings?

I don't believe so.

It looks like just a dinner party the night before for the foreign royals. It will be hosted by Lady Elizabeth Anson (the Queen's cousin). It might be attended by senior royals NOT including Harry, Charles, Camilla, William and the bride to be Kate.

I wasn't aware Catherine was going to jail starting next Friday. She's going to be a married woman, not a death row inmate. She can still go out with her family and friends, and do all the things she used to do -- she'll just have a bodyguard now. It's not like in the olden days when princesses were sent to faraway lands to marry in order to secure lands and monies for their families back home, and they never laid eyes on them again.

Anyway, would Catherine marry William if she didn't think she could handle everything that came with marrying him? She's been with him for 8 years, it's not like they've been shunned and ignored up until now.

I agree I mean Catherine should know what to expect by now.I can't believe the writer said Prince William was damaged .
I would love to know what she means by that

1222 said:
I agree I mean Catherine should know what to expect by now.I can't believe the writer said Prince William was damaged .
I would love to know what she means by that

Maybe she means the emotional baggage he carries from his parents divorce, which was obviously not acrimonious, and his mothers very early and tragic death....?

Thats a great link...Ella Kay outdid herself. I can't wait to read her Mad Hattery blog about Kate's tiara and the ladies hats!

Good to hear. Maybe vowing to obey one's husband was just fine at the turn of the last century, but I think nowadays that's a bit anachronistic. I do think it ridiculous that they're saying she's taking "Diana's" vows.....how many women in England or elsewhere in the United Kingdom get married every year using those same vows and omit the word "obey"? I would imagine more than a few.

It's almost like journalists right now are looking for any reason and/or excuse to shoehorn Diana into this wedding, more than she already is.

Good to hear. Maybe vowing to obey one's husband was just fine at the turn of the last century, but I think nowadays that's a bit anachronistic. I do think it ridiculous that they're saying she's taking "Diana's" vows.....how many women in England or elsewhere in the United Kingdom get married every year using those same vows and omit the word "obey"? I would imagine more than a few.

It's almost like journalists right now are looking for any reason and/or excuse to shoehorn Diana into this wedding, more than she already is.

I agree with you 100% about it being out dated but, I think they are saying Diana's vows because she was the only royal bride who did not use the word obey, all before her and both Sarah and Sophie after her did!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011...tertainment/~3/OBO7W8z0leQ/main20056383.shtml
"But if Kate should choose to omit the word 'obey,' she'll be only the second royal bride in history to do so -- the first being Princess Diana in 1981."

Last edited:
When a member of the British royal family does not attend a wedding abroad and cite prior engagements as an excuse, I presume that no one will harass a British embassy for more explanations.

The British usually send a representative, so that comparison goes up in the air - imo.

Mr. Testino was also invited, hope he convince the couple to share some pictures of the last reception :p

He won't according to Richard's latest tweet:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@JanetNorCal I'm not aware of any plans to publish evening guest list. They regard it as totally private. No official pics.

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

We don't expect anyone from the palace to even give us a flavour of the best man's speech in the evening. We'll have to try guests after.
The palace it seems isn't giving in so I guess we'll have to make do with paparazzi shots and info from the guests.

New article: k after reading all that the palace is seriously beginning to piss me off they have to give us something from the evening reception!
Harry plots a 6am survivors¿ breakfast: Best man takes charge of the ¿wedmin¿ - and bacon butties | Mail Online

Where to watch and where to party: Your very own Wills and Kate wedding planner | Mail Online

Last edited:
The palace it seems isn't giving in so I guess we'll have to make do with paparazzi shots and info from the guests.

New article: k after reading all that the palace is seriously beginning to piss me off they have to give us something from the evening reception!
Harry plots a 6am survivors¿ breakfast: Best man takes charge of the ¿wedmin¿ - and bacon butties | Mail Online

Where to watch and where to party: Your very own Wills and Kate wedding planner | Mail Online

Why do they have to give us anything from the evening reception?

They want William and Kate to have a private celebration and they are ensuring that they get it.

Just because other royal houses wish to deny their young couples any privacy on their wedding day doesn't mean that the British have to do so.

I am pleased that the British are insisting on giving the couple some time to simply relax, be themselves and enjoy some of the day without the prying eyes of a lot of people they don't know, will probably never meet and about whom, in a real sense, they don't care.

We see the wedding and the balcony and that is as it should be.

No I just meant they could atleast give us a small something even just a small official article just stating " Oh the couple and their friends danced the night away to 90's music" or just something like that I don't need full on like other royals do just something anything! It's just judging by what I'm hearing we're not going to know ANYTHING heck we even got more from Charles and Camilla's wedding I believe we got an article on the reception. And who knows maybe the other couples ASKED to release photos of their receptions we never know how it works I doubt other royal households denied anyone privacy I'm sure the couple would have to give their consent first.

Not sure where to put this but US magazine Life& Style is saying Chelsy Davy will wear a long Alberta Ferretti dress to wedding and a shorter one to night reception. They claim designer approach her and offered gowns for free to wear to wedding-

Why do they have to give us anything from the evening reception?

They want William and Kate to have a private celebration and they are ensuring that they get it.

Just because other royal houses wish to deny their young couples any privacy on their wedding day doesn't mean that the British have to do so.

I am pleased that the British are insisting on giving the couple some time to simply relax, be themselves and enjoy some of the day without the prying eyes of a lot of people they don't know, will probably never meet and about whom, in a real sense, they don't care.

We see the wedding and the balcony and that is as it should be.

Ditto. I share your sentiments in this regard. In all honesty and on the big scheme of things, we're a bunch of nobodies as far as William and Catherine are concerned, so they do not have to release anything they don't wish to. It's their wedding, and we should be happy we get to see what we are getting to see.

The saying that comes to mind here is what I tell my students when they get mad for not getting the cookie they wanted, or what have you:

'You get what you get, and you don't get upset'.

I need to explain myself. When reading that article I got so excited and was like "oh how I wish I was there" which is why I said I wish they'd release something. When I say I'm angry they're not giving us anything I mean in the sense that from everything I am hearing it almost feels like we'll have zero details from the evening reception.

Normally no matter what wedding it was be it Charles and Di or Edward and Sophie we always heard about the reception afterwards but it just sorta feels like this time we won't hear anything. Not that this will be the case but it just feels like it to me. I'm not asking for the couple to release private photos or videos(though I wouldn't be against them doing that but they're not going to) all I'm asking for a little bit of info on what happened.

I guess some of us will still see it as an invasion of privacy and others would enjoy to read some info. I dunno I generally love experience every aspect of the wedding. I just sorta feel part of the "family" that way. I'm really excited for them and just want to hear little details like "the Queen danced to the YMCA" or something like that. In a sense for me when I read stuff like that it's not only humbling but makes me laugh. I like reading that they all enjoyed themselves.

I'm not trying to invade their privacy I mean I am majorly excited for that day I probably won't even be as excited for my own wedding day. And really honestly in my opinion yes we don't know them but I think William and Kate are smart enough to understand that the public are the people who support you so of course there's going to be a high level of interest on the whole day. I really don't think they don't "care" about us.

Last edited:

Ok, not to be rude, but I have never really thought too highly of Guy Pelly, and truly hope he does not have as much pull in this wedding as some of these articles are saying. Not to be a snob, not that I know William and Harry, but this is a royal prince, and to cheapen it, somewhat, as to try and mix common vs. pomp vs. elegant vs. royal, has to be difficult at best. I mean, from what I have read of this young man, I really hope the Queen has a lot of say in this. It would seem sadly:

Charles and Camilla are determined to put their out of this world stamp on it...their inviting corporate sponsors, their own friends, their out of touchness. I am sorry, but in MY view, Camilla walks a fine line in having any say in any of this. She is NOT his mother, her mother, etc. And given the past, lady, stay out of it, or, tread lightly with advice and any input.

While I truly appreciate William and Harry's down to earth and grounded frames of mind, this is not a wedding for their common friends to really have much say. You risk..cheapening it. I am not trying to sound mean or cause trouble, but at the end of the day, they are different than us...they are royal, and while I know it is their wedding, we expect, and they should provide, the pomp and circumstance. I do very much love, given the state of the world's economical challenges, they are certainly creating a wedding that respects and acknowledges what is going on.

Just my two cents, not trying to offend anyone. :flowers:

Kate to get a romantic wedding night
Article

Bells Will Ring for 3 Hours Following William and Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding
Article

Ok, not to be rude, but I have never really thought too highly of Guy Pelly, and truly hope he does not have as much pull in this wedding as some of these articles are saying. Not to be a snob, not that I know William and Harry, but this is a royal prince, and to cheapen it, somewhat, as to try and mix common vs. pomp vs. elegant vs. royal, has to be difficult at best. I mean, from what I have read of this young man, I really hope the Queen has a lot of say in this. It would seem sadly:

Charles and Camilla are determined to put their out of this world stamp on it...their inviting corporate sponsors, their own friends, their out of touchness. I am sorry, but in MY view, Camilla walks a fine line in having any say in any of this. She is NOT his mother, her mother, etc. And given the past, lady, stay out of it, or, tread lightly with advice and any input.

While I truly appreciate William and Harry's down to earth and grounded frames of mind, this is not a wedding for their common friends to really have much say. You risk..cheapening it. I am not trying to sound mean or cause trouble, but at the end of the day, they are different than us...they are royal, and while I know it is their wedding, we expect, and they should provide, the pomp and circumstance. I do very much love, given the state of the world's economical challenges, they are certainly creating a wedding that respects and acknowledges what is going on.

Just my two cents, not trying to offend anyone. :flowers:

And now you have explained one of the reasons why I have become a republican - the sheer ordinariness of William and Harry.

That they have repordely asked Guy Pelly to help organise the dancing for the evening isn't a surprise. It is what he does - run a nightclub and Harry and William enjoy clubbing at his place.

As for Camilla. If it is true that she was given the right to cross off people then remember that she would only have been given that right by William so he must also approve of her decision to cross off people - just as someone crossed off Fergie. If William had really wanted these people there then noone would have been crossed off. But I also take these reports with a grain of salt - they are from the DM and the source for the Camilla crossing off people is from one of them crossed off. Since Diana died have either of them had anything to do with William? Camilla on the other hand has been a major part of his life for the last decade as his father's partner and wife. The fact that he is including Camilla's granddaughter is his wedding party speaks volumes for how William sees Camilla.

As for the invites to friends of Charles read carefully. The one that I remember is the one that says an American billionaire is getting a free flight to America in exchange for an invite but if you read the article carefully this person is a big time supporter of Charles' charity and may very well be getting the invite for that reason.

One to compare is with is the story that a top guy from Audi is being invited and then reports of William getting an Audi for Kate as a wedding gift - now the DM headline could have been Audi execs helps William with wedding gift for Kate in exchange for invite - but that wouldn't accurately reflect the story and wouldn't be written because it would put William in a bad light - and the DM won't do that. The DM thinks that by attacking Charles they are doing a service to William and his dead mother.

The father of the groom, like fathers/parents of the groom everywhere have some say in the wedding and who is invited - just as the parents of the bride do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom