Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Politically speaking I think Wills and Kate are clueless - since when do you have the opportunity to invite the [Planetarch- ruler of the planet] and his wife and do not claiming the cala lilies are in bloom and this is a semi private affair etc and every other excuse in the book.
Many monarchs will atttend but no Planetarch?I want to know if any of the Bushes or even Nancy Reagan got invited and I bet they did.

It seems that the invitations for this wedding are based on one thing- relationships. That makes it no different than most other weddings and I think, this is a VERY good thing. The British Royal Family has not had consistently strong relationships with America and so (no surprise) they did not make the list. The Canadian Prime Minister and Governor General on the other hand, have strong relationships, so they did make the list.

When you get married, will you invite the mayor, governor or senator just for the opportunity of making a political statement? I didn't think so!!

I LOVE that William and Kate are making this about personal connections and relationships and not about obligations and politics. Good for them.

The Canadian Prime Minister and Governor General on the other hand, have strong relationships

I imagine you're referring to the office for which the Prime Minister and Governor General stand, but not so much the indavidual themselves, naturally.

It's exactly the same for Australia and any other country which retains the Queen as it's respective Head of State.

The Australian vice regal couple, the Prime Minister and her partner have all been invited, but any such invitation would be extended no matter who held public office.

There is no reason why any president should be invited to the nuptials. Unless of course sovereign Commonwealth leaders are on the gueslist which I'd imagine would be very likely.

Soooo I was watching ETCanada tonight and they said a BP spokepserson contacted them and said "Expect big surprises from the royal couple on their wedding day" Ok so what in the heck could they mean by that?!

what does that mean, i would like to know too!

I don't envy any of the guests who'll have to eat fruitcake! I know it's traditional, but some traditions have had their day. Does anybody really like fruitcake?

I have never been able to eat it...I guess its an acquired taste. Although I am sure they will have "something" for everyone.

I love it how Kate invited the pub owner from her village. He must be excited!

I don't envy any of the guests who'll have to eat fruitcake! I know it's traditional, but some traditions have had their day. Does anybody really like fruitcake?

My Dad adores fruitcake, it's the only cake he eats. Can't stand it myself, I'd rather just have actual plain fruit!

Fruitcake is awful, i'd prefer a less traditional wedding cake. :)

I supposed I could eat more than one bite of fruitcake if it was soaked in lots of rum. After the first bite, I'd not care what it tastes like. :D

Will a gun salute also be given that day? If so does it come before or after the wedding?

Was one given at other royal weddings? If it does, probably after. No use doing it before when they aren't married. :)

I hope so!! - mini pizza is so not as elegant as canapé!! :)

Actually, mini-pizzas qualify as canapé. Canapés are made with a base of bread or crackers, and topped with an assortment of small, usually savory toppings. I believe pizza dough is a type of bread. I can see why they are having them. I've been to several catered affairs recently where they have been served.

I'm sure the ones served at their functions will be delicious.

You don't use a clasp as there is a hole through the centre to put it on the bracelet.

For my charm bracelet, that won't work and it would need a clasp. Not all charm bracelets are the same and I'm surprised they made this for only type of bracelet. Too bad.

I could see Kate wearing the Spencer tiara as a way to honor Diana's memory throughout the ceremony. It would be a nice gesture.

I could see Kate wearing the Spencer tiara as a way to honor Diana's memory throughout the ceremony. It would be a nice gesture.

I respectfully disagree; it would be way too much. Besides, Catherine is not marrying into the Spencer family. Therefore it makes no sense for her to wear it, imo.

Read Queen of Denmark and her husband planning to attend William and Kate's wedding- anyone know for sure?

Zonk said:
I have never been able to eat it...I guess its an acquired taste. Although I am sure they will have "something" for everyone.

I love it how Kate invited the pub owner from her village. He must be excited!

Me too! I think that's a very sweet gesture. I'm intrigued with all this talk of surprises on the day... I hope that means a spectacular tiara that no one's expecting, some lovely personal touches to the ceremony itself, and some new royal traditions being created!

Read Queen of Denmark and her husband planning to attend William and Kate's wedding- anyone know for sure?

I just read that too. So does this mean that Frederik and Mary were not invited?

How does fruitcake taste... It kind of sounds a little weird to me- no offense to anyone. :flowers:

^^It is a little weird...seeing the different fruits inside of the cake sometimes turns me off. You'd like it if you like the like cake/fruit combination. I had fruit cake once and it was not bad...it had a bit of dark rum so thats probably why I thought it was okay. I like almost anything if it's spiked with rum or brandy.

Last edited:
How does fruitcake taste... It kind of sounds a little weird to me- no offense to anyone. :flowers:

Fruitcake for a wedding cake in England is common.

Prince Charles and Princess Diana cake had a fruitcake. I went to Diana, a Celebration exhibit in my hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan. After going to the exhibit I went to a restaurant were they made cakes with the royal recipe to sell. It was very good.:flowers:

Last edited:

Are we back to the Spencer tiara? I really feel that that would be pandering to the popular sentiment for Diana at the expense of Kate's own wedding. I would question William's judgment if he asked her to wear it, and Kate's if she agreed to wear it. Seriously--it's their wedding, not Diana's.

I respectfully disagree; it would be way too much. Besides, Catherine is not marrying into the Spencer family. Therefore it makes no sense for her to wear it, imo.

She isn't marrying into the Spencer family? His mother was a Spencer. How can she not be marrying into the Spencer family as well as into the Royal family?

Theres no reason why Catherine shouldn't wear a tiara. She is becoming a royal and that's that. Princesses wear tiaras, not least of all on their wedding day...

It is my understanding that any married woman may wear a tiara if the occasion is formal enough to call for it. I don't believe it has anything to do with being royal or part of the nobility.

A tiara is not a crown, which is the emblem of royal sovereignty and power. No one is suggesting that she is wearing a crown. She will be crowned as Queen Consort if and when William accedes to the throne as King (and if their marriage is more successful than most Windsor marriages have been lately!).

By a show of hands...(sarcasm)...how many married ladies simply adore being continuously compared to your mother-in-law?

She isn't marrying into the Spencer family? His mother was a Spencer. How can she not be marrying into the Spencer family as well as into the Royal family?

I so agree !!!
It may not be correct protocol for Catherine to wear the Spencer Tiara ... BUT ... she is marrying into the Spencer family as well as the Royal Family. William has Spencer blood and so will their children. I find it quite annoying that so many people are forgetting the Spencers. If Diana was alive that would not be the case.

:previous: Now that really is a no-brainer. I think the engagement ring was a lovely gesture but as was said before, this is Catherine's wedding to Prince William not an action replay of 1981!

This is Catherine's "Moment", the one we will all look back on and remember, hopefully with great joy, that this was the first time we saw her in her own right, her own character, her own style. Catherine, Duchess of ?

I don't know about you, but I would love to say . . . "oh I love how she had her hair, the way her tiara sat, the fall of the veil, the elegance of the gown . . . . wow, did we just see a future Queen walk up the aisle"

I emphatically do not want to see a palid immitation of Lady Diana Spencer walking up the aisle, I don't want to say "oh look, she's stlyed her hair like Diana, ohhh look she's wearing Diana's tiara, ohhh her veil as well, wow her gown is a tribute to Diana's, etc. ad nauseum.

And no, she is not marrying into the Spencer family, she is marrying into the BRF! And if Diana were alive I think she would cringe at the pathetic attempts to turn her future daughter-in-law into her clone. She wore her family tiara, Catherine's family do not have one so a gift or loan from her future family is in order and she would be heading the charge for just such a one for her darling Wills.

Last edited:
:previous:
And no, she is not marrying into the Spencer family, she is marrying into the BRF! And if Diana were alive I think she would cringe at the pathetic attempts to turn her future daughter-in-law into her clone. She wore her family tiara, Catherine's family do not have one so a gift or loan from her future family is in order and she would be heading the charge for just such a one for her darling Wills.

Forget all the stuff about the Ring, Tiara's etc.
I am talking about people and their feelings.
I don't care if they are the Royal Family or paupers .... when you marry someone you marry into BOTH sides of their family.
I class myself as family with both sides of my husbands family just as he does with mine. And I would be very hurt if whoever marries my children does not do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom