Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many things, boring is in the eye of the beholder.

I knew Eliza wld be one! Im so chuffed, her Louise and Margarita will be so cute coming down that aisle! I love all their choices.

I like that they released the information early, and I love the choices. It was pretty much a quarentee that you would have Pippa and Harry.

I like the choices too. All children are adorable, especially Margarita and they will be great addition to the groom&bride. Pippa and Harry are natural choices, I would be shocked if they will be rule out. According to the Eliza and Grace already were a bridesmaid so I believe that everything goes well.

I like that they released the information early, and I love the choices. It was pretty much a quarentee that you would have Pippa and Harry.

Agreed re Harry and Pippa. What I was wondering about was, given they are both young and single, would they carry on the "tradition" of the Best Man and Bridesmaid having a little bit of a private celebration themselves???:ROFLMAO:

Agreed re Harry and Pippa. What I was wondering about was, given they are both young and single, would they carry on the "tradition" of the Best Man and Bridesmaid having a little bit of a private celebration themselves???:ROFLMAO:

:eek::eek:
That would be horrible.

I don't think the Middletons would be delighted... and Pippa is definately not the kind of girl Harry adores. But maybe in time he finds out what makes Catherine so special and wants the same for himself? Just think Denmark where Mary and Marie could be sisters in looks and sweet personality. :whistling:

I don't think that is going to happen ... Pippa is suposed to have a boyfriend, a friend of Prince William's....right???

Oh please let's not start this Pippa and Harry thing! I hardly think they'll fall in love.

I think it is best to wait for official announcements about anything to do with the wedding.I've read so many unofficial reports on what is going to happen,who is going to make the dress,and so on and none of the reporting is right.I always expected that Harry would be William's supporter,which the Prince of Wales has confirmed,and now we know the Kate's sister will be her supporter.Now we must wait for the guest list to be officially released.And I hope the wedding dress will be spectacular,perfect for the occasion and the bride.

I doubt that the guest list will be released until the day.

I agree with Misselle. It's nice to speculate but even nicer to get the right information!

With regard to the attendants, I do hope the youngest ones will enjoy the occassion - for a three year old, an hour is a long time to be on your best behaviour!

wedding

BBC News - Royal wedding: William picks brother Harry as best man For the "official" list of whose in the wedding.

First--absolutely no loss that the "Blood Family" was not included. Most are too old and I wonder if the Earl's 2nd wife would let her children be in the wedding anyway! I'm sure the Saint-Di-worshipers will hate this for what ever twisted reason.

Louise--it's about time she gets to be seen now and then although I understand the desire for privacy. I wonder if little brother James is too "unreliable??" There aren't any royal boys old enough--all are about 3 and include James Severn [son of Prince Edward] Xan Culloden [Grandson of the Duke of Gloucester] and Albert and Leopold Windsor [grandsons of the Duke of Kent]. The Duchess of Cornwall's grandsons are also too young.

I like Eliza being in the wedding--very modern including step-sibling's child.

Tiggy's son should also get the Di-crazies off and running, but I think it's great.

As to Bea & Eugenie--they probably aren't that close to William/Harry anyway.

Best man--Duke of Windsor had a best man when his brother's were not allowed to take part in his wedding. I don't really know about Edward--his wedding wasn't a big deal here in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if little brother James is too "unreliable??"

As to Bea & Eugenie--they probably aren't that close to William/Harry anyway.

Unreliable or too young?
Where would Beatrice and Eugenie fit in the wedding party?

She is not a "Lady", but a Honorable as daughter of a Viscount. Thus she is rightly named Mrs. Hugh van Cutsem. Edward van Cutsem's wife Tamara is the daughter of the duke of Westminster. Thus she has the precedence of the daughter of a duke and is styled Lady Tamara van Cutsem, because her rank is higher than that of her husband. That's why she is not Mrs. Edward van Cutsem.:flowers:
Actually, she's not the daughter of the Viscount Astor. Her father was a younger son (or her grandfather was) and didn't inherit the title, so she is just Mrs Hugh Van Cutsem and not the Honorable Mrs Hugh Van Cutsem. But thanks for clearing that up about which Mrs Van Cutsem she was.

will we hear harry's speech?

Based on past British Royal weddings - no.

After the balcony scene we usually only see the couple leaving on their honeymoon - and rightly so in my opinion - they should have some time on that day with their family and friends and those people alone - to enjoy what is essentially a private event in their lives - their marriage. It is bad enough that they have to share that with the world but at least they can have the reception in private.

Overall the selection of bridesmaids and page boys is good, but there are two three year olds, having a three year old cousin I can tell you getting them to cooperate will be tough. When my two cousins where flowergirls at my aunts wedding they were 6 and 7 and one of them cried the whole way up and down the aisle, you can never predict with kids... I like that they included the step niece, shows how accepting William is of Camilla and her family. :)

Now that we know who will participate in the wedding, shall we speculate on the color scheme?
I think cream with blue (the same Saxon Blue that is the color of the Garter sash) would look wonderful.

(I recall that Diana's bridesmaids were in ivory with touches of antique gold in the sash and slippers, and Sarah Ferguson's were in pale peach).

Last edited:
His Best man speech do you mean? I doubt it.

I may be imagining it but I have a vague recollection of reading that British RF weddings don't really do the usual best man or father of the bride speeches etc. They just don't do any speech at all in the reception, regardless of whether the reception is ever shown to the public or not. No idea where I've read that but got a vague memory of doing so at some point.

It seems to me that, having been brought up among 'normal' British people (if a little upper class), William is modifying the slighty foreign aspects of previous British Royal Weddings. He has been attending so many weddings of his friends over the past few years that is quite likely that he feels he wishes to follow the same traditional British pattern. Supporters are unknown in normal weddings here. It may, therefore, be the case that there are traditional Best Man, etc., speeches - but probably not until the family party in the evening.

I'm sure they have speeches, it's not a wedding if you don't hear some emotional words from family. They might be the BRF but they are still human.

Find it a bit strange that apart from her sister every other attendant seems to come from William's orbit. Dosn't she have any other family members of her own that she would like to have asked?

Now that we know who will participate in the wedding, shall we speculate on the color scheme?
I think cream with blue (the same Saxon Blue that is the color of the Garter sash) would look wonderful.

(I recall that Diana's bridesmaids were in ivory with touches of antique gold in the sash and slippers, and Sarah Ferguson's were in pale peach).

Yes, they were so cute with their little multi-colored flower headpieces. I just watched the wedding again today. It was lovely.

I may be imagining it but I have a vague recollection of reading that British RF weddings don't really do the usual best man or father of the bride speeches etc. They just don't do any speech at all in the reception, regardless of whether the reception is ever shown to the public or not. No idea where I've read that but got a vague memory of doing so at some point.

When I was married (in England) we had no speeches. We did have a toast (given by the Vicar). Of course, I'm not royal, but my mother-in-law guided my mother and I about how things were done and this is something their family didn't traditionally do. I didn't mind at all!

Last edited:
kudos for catherine to chose to have her sister as a bridesmaid instead of a future cousin in law. what girl wouldnt want their sister to stand up wit them on the most important day in her life?
Agree with you there !

Overall the selection of bridesmaids and page boys is good, but there are two three year olds, having a three year old cousin I can tell you getting them to cooperate will be tough. When my two cousins where flowergirls at my aunts wedding they were 6 and 7 and one of them cried the whole way up and down the aisle, you can never predict with kids... I like that they included the step niece, shows how accepting William is of Camilla and her family. :)
Maybe William is going to be the peacemaker in the family !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's great that William chose Harry as his Best Man and Catherine chose Philippa as her Maid of Honour!

I would have been very surprised if it hadn't been like this.

The Page Boys and Bridesmaids sound adorable too, I am very curious to see how it will look like.
This is all new for me - I have never seen a Westminster Abbey wedding live although this is by far not my first royal wedding to see.

At Charles' second wedding the Queen made a speech - with reference to the Grand National. That was reported by people as they were leaving the reception in the afternoon.

In her book Sarah says there were none and that she wished they had made a "toast" but Diana's bridesmaids said for Di and Charles' wedding there were speeches/toasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom