Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope she wears her hair off her face, because ive never seen it up, always down. formal weddings like thiers is going to be, really requires an updo. besides it just looks sloppy

I think her hair is her best feature. On the day of the engagement announcement it looked simply incredible...glossy and healthy and beautiful.

BUT I do agree that I also hope she will try an elegant upsweep for her wedding day. She never changes her hairstyle. Besides, it looks more flattering under the tiara!:whistling:

Good for them, I say ! In the longer term, their "frugality" may well save the Windsor monarchy....

Frugality? Even ordinary people send out S-t-D Cards. It hardly is going to break the bank.

Sarah, Duchess of York, will also receive an invitation.. hmmm.. Wonder where they're going seat her?

Well if Sarah is invited she won't be sitting with the BRF IMO. Moreso in the front or middle, with other members of the Spencer, Middleton and Goldsmith clans.

Wonder where their offical London Residence will be also wonder which of his Uniforms he will wear

Due to bad weather, I worked from home today and watched a bit of the Rachael Ray Show. One of the guests was David Tutera, host of "My Fair Wedding" on WE tv and apparently they treated him like an expert on the royal wedding. He predicts that Catherine will be "showing more skin" and wear a strapless gown ("a first")!
Rachael Ray Show - On the Show - David Tutera's Royal Wedding Predictions
I just kept rolling my eyes.

Due to bad weather, I worked from home today and watched a bit of the Rachael Ray Show. One of the guests was David Tutera, host of "My Fair Wedding" on WE tv and apparently they treated him like an expert on the royal wedding. He predicts that Catherine will be "showing more skin" and wear a strapless gown ("a first")!

I find those gowns awful and don't think he knows much about the whole thing at all.
To me it's more like him telling his ideas, not expertise at all.

Last edited:
Reportedly, Kate hasn't yet finalized her bridesmaids.

No art in Saatchi¿s £15k deal | Mail Online

Pippa will be her chief bridesmaid, but apparently (how much conditional language can I throw in here? :)), she can't decide how many to go with. Allegedly, in the running:

Prince Edward’s daughter, Lady Louise Windsor, seven
Viscount Linley’s daughter, Margarita Armstrong-Jones, eight
William’s goddaughter, Grace van Cutsem
Eloise Taylor, seven, granddaughter of the Duke and Duchess of Kent.

Pfft! They say that NOW, watch when it gets close, they'll all get caught up in the wedding just like the rest of us.
:p

Not if they have already booked and paid for a trip abroad as they will be out of the country and not wanting to waste already spent money.

Not everyone is going to be turned in to the wedding and not everyone is interested.

:previous: I can quite understand some people escaping London at the time to holiday away from all the fuss. Though huge numbers of people travelled to Sydney from all corners of the globe for the Olympics in 2000, my husband and I travelled to Port Douglas in Far North Queensland to escape from it all. If you're not interested and don't embrace the experience, it's just a nuisance and you're better off away from it.

I'll be watching the wedding on TV and recording it if I can, but there's no way I'd want to be in London at the time. I find big crowd events to be most enjoyable from a distance.

Last edited:
Pfft! They say that NOW, watch when it gets close, they'll all get caught up in the wedding just like the rest of us.
:p

The article is certainly not representative from my own personal experience! I always assumed that I was the only person interested in royalty amoungst my friends and family. However, the most unlikely people I know have started to talk about wanting a street party or are hoping I'll organise a house party on Royal Wedding Day! Someone even declared they are going to watch the procession at The Mall as they did 30 years ago!

:previous: I can quite understand some people escaping London at the time to holiday away from all the fuss. Though huge numbers of people travelled to Sydney from all corners of the globe for the Olympics in 2000, my husband and I travelled to Port Douglas in Far North Queensland to escape from it all. If you're not interested and don't embrace the experience, it's just a nuisance and you're better off away from it.

I'll be watching the wedding on TV and recording it if I can, but there's no way I'd want to be in London at the time. I find big crowd events to be most enjoyable from a distance.

Me too. My guess is that when you are in the crowds, you don't see a thing. Of course you feel the thrill of the event and so, but I rather want to see the things happening than "only" feeling the feeling.
So I am posted before the TV on April 29th.

The article is certainly not representative from my own personal experience! I always assumed that I was the only person interested in royalty amoungst my friends and family. However, the most unlikely people I know have started to talk about wanting a street party or are hoping I'll organise a house party on Royal Wedding Day! Someone even declared they are going to watch the procession at The Mall as they did 30 years ago!
I agree. A lot of people will be coming out of the woodwork to watch if not in person, than on TV. Even my hubby says he'll get up and watch it with me.

Me too. My guess is that when you are in the crowds, you don't see a thing. Of course you feel the thrill of the event and so, but I rather want to see the things happening than "only" feeling the feeling.
So I am posted before the TV on April 29th.

Standing tall at 5'1 here, to see anything, I'd have to be sitting on someone's shoulders to get a glimpse of anything. I imagine though that the party atmosphere would be exhilarating but I think I will opt for my comfy blankets and fuzzy slippers in front of my TV and computer monitor for this wedding. :D

Reportedly, Kate hasn't yet finalized her bridesmaids.

No art in Saatchi¿s £15k deal | Mail Online

Pippa will be her chief bridesmaid, but apparently (how much conditional language can I throw in here? :)), she can't decide how many to go with. Allegedly, in the running:

Prince Edward’s daughter, Lady Louise Windsor, seven
Viscount Linley’s daughter, Margarita Armstrong-Jones, eight
William’s goddaughter, Grace van Cutsem
Eloise Taylor, seven, granddaughter of the Duke and Duchess of Kent.

Sounds like she'll keep to the tradition of having child attendants.
I thought maybe she'd have all adults, as we do in the USA.
The child bridesmaids came in with Queen Victoria, and I was hoping she'd get away from that.

(Though I know lots of people think they are just adorable, I never liked having children at a wedding).

Sounds like she'll keep to the tradition of having child attendants.
I thought maybe she'd have all adults, as we do in the USA.
The child bridesmaids came in with Queen Victoria, and I was hoping she'd get away from that.

(Though I know lots of people think they are just adorable, I never liked having children at a wedding).

Can you tell why? Just curious ;)

Not to speak for Mirabel but perhaps she is like Princess Anne, who was in MANY a wedding as a youngster, who is famous for saying something along the lines of "dealing with yards of uncontrollable children." And that is why she (Anne) only had two attendants (Edward and Sarah).

And then I think of myself (in my last wedding as a flower girl) who refused to go down the aisle!

Last edited:

I suppose it's because I am mostly used to evening weddings, and I think the children get bored and cranky and start acting out.
Then too, someone must be deputized to look after them- and there aren't many volunteers! Seriously, even the parents don't seem keen!

I know of many brides who have felt it necessary to put "No Children Please!" on the invitations (yes, some parents often assume their children are included).

As for attendants, in the USA it's customary to have adults with the exception of (optional) a flower-girl and/or ringbearer.
But many people don't even go along with that.

It's not my intention to offend anyone who loves the idea of children at a wedding; tastes differ, and there is no right or wrong about it, I am just explaining my personal preference. :flowers:

He really thinks she's going to go strapless?! :eek:

And, what about the "second dress" which looks like another bridal gown? Did Diana do a "second dress"? Will we even know if Kate does?

And, what about the "second dress" which looks like another bridal gown? Did Diana do a "second dress"? Will we even know if Kate does?

I can't imagine she'd go strapless, why?
I don't think strapless gowns are inappropriate (although the Queen may).
BUT- they have been done to death!
It's at the point where anyone in a strapless gown looks like she's wearing a uniform.

I truly think this is one trend that has been played out for a long time, and it's time to get away from it.

Speaking of uniforms- I hope William decides to wear his Household Cavalry uniform, instead of his RAF dress blues.
I just like it better!
Though I expect him to wear the RAF uniform.

I can't imagine she'd go strapless, why?
I don't think strapless gowns are inappropriate (although the Queen may).
BUT- they have been done to death!
It's at the point where anyone in a strapless gown looks like she's wearing a uniform.

I truly think this is one trend that has been played out for a long time, and it's time to get away from it.

Speaking of uniforms- I hope William decides to wear his Household Cavalry uniform, instead of his RAF dress blues.
I just like it better!
Though I expect him to wear the RAF uniform.
I agree completely agree with you both on the strapless dress as well William's uniform.
I don't think that Kate herself favours strapless dresses. I have seen various pictures of her in evening dresses, but I've never seen her wearing something strapless. It doesn't seem to be her prefered style, so why would she want to have one for the wedding?
The RAF uniform looks boring and and not at all glamorous to me. But he's currently serving in the RAF, so I'm preparing myself for this one.

He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. This is a Royal wedding being held in Westminster Abby, not a tacky over the top wedding being held at the local Country Clubor hotel. He even says she will be Princess Catherine after she is married. The entire segment is a joke.

Strapless is not appropriate for Westminster Abby and particularly a Royal wedding. I don't see Kate opting for that style even if it was. It's just not her style.

I agree the strapless style is getting really old and there are very few brides that can wear the style without looking like a squeezed sausage. There is nothing attractive about bulging flesh over the top of a tight dress. Not that Kate would have this issue since she is so thin.

He doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. This is a Royal wedding being held in Westminster Abby, not a tacky over the top wedding being held at the local Country Clubor hotel. He even says she will be Princess Catherine after she is married. The entire segment is a joke.

Okay, we are talking about a segment of Rachael Ray's show. Doesn't the joke begin with the fact that Rachael Ray has her own daytime TV show?

Okay, we are talking about a segment of Rachael Ray's show. Doesn't the joke begin with the fact that Rachael Ray has her own daytime TV show?
Unfortunately that show is in its 3rd (4th?) season. I know I was the one that posted the link, but I actually stopped watching that segment when they came out w/ those strapless gowns. That was just ignorant. Everything about that segment screamed typical trendy American wedding. If he really hopes she wears lots of "bling" where is the tiara? I know they don't have access to a real tiara, they could of gotten a cheap knock-off as a place holder. Also ignorant, the concept of Catherine wearing a second dress. The dress Catherine will wear is not some off-the-rack copy or anything you can buy at even an upscale bridal shop. It will be one-of-a-kind custom-designed haute couture gown. You're going to wear that special creation for more than just the ceremony and it's not cost effective to pay for two such gowns.

But given that the BBC America blog totally butchered Catherine's future title and why Camilla is called Duchess of Cornwall vs. Princess of Wales, how accurate did we really expect the RR show to be.

Last edited:
BBC News - Should the royals have real jobs?

Should the royals have real jobs?

Prince Philip at Wembley in 1948 - the year he almost became a coal miner

To work in the real world or not - it's a question that has troubled members of the British Royal Family for decades. In the week it was reported that Kate Middleton has quit her job at her parents' party supplies company, BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt examines the pros and cons of royals keeping their careers.
To its originator, the idea may have appeared inspired. Once it was exposed to the cold light of day, it withered on the vine of royal non-starters. Back in 1948, someone suggested Prince Philip should spend a month working as a coal miner. The tentative plan was rejected as a "stunt" which would "play to the gallery".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom