Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Harry and possibly Peter would be supporters, not James Middleton. Similarly, I do not think any of Zara, Bea or Eugenie will be bridesmaids.

Well here are my musings:

The wedding will be on a scale grand enough for a future king, yet fitting enough during a time of austerity - the Queen had a wonderful wedding during a time of much tougher austerity. Security will be the main cost and so a location in London close to wherever the reception is held would be more likely. Also, I suspect the wedding will be on a Saturday so as to cause less disruption although traditionally Wednesday is more usual.
I think that Westminster Abbey is the most obvious place for the wedding to take place, but if the scale can be managed properly it could very well be The Guards Chapel. St Paul's Cathedral is too large and due to it's location further from Buckingham Palace (where I assume the reception will be held) would require more security along the route and so more costly.

Harry will be best man, I think thats set in stone!

I am rooting for Westminster Abbey and I have no doubt since it will be in London, it will be a wedding with a proper scale for somebody who will be King one day.

I think only those major royals who are close to Prince Charles (or love a good party) would attend themselves. For instance I think the entire royal family of Norway seem to be close the Windors and would attend, maybe not Martha-Louise.

Why not Martha-Louise, she is a royal?

I think Sophie Wessex will be her advisor in helping her getting use to royal life and helping her wth anything she needs

I do hope you're right. I sincerely hope that Prince William will take all the lessons learned from his mother's experience and do everything he can do ease Catherine's transition.

Will the wedding be in August? Any official info about it?

NoupSo twitted :
HRH Catherine, the duchess of Lancaster :)
Could this be right?

I would love to see the Wessex Children in the wedding we don't get to see them nearly enough!

Wonder who will design the dress or if it's going to be a tiara event like Victoria's?

It will be a tiara event, and the designer I can't even guess. Kate hasn't shown an interest in a specific fashion designer, as Victoria did.

I am thinking the wedding will be somewere between the end of May and the start of August because otherwise it will collide with the Premier League, or am i totally wrong?

Premier League as in Football.
IMO that won't be at the forefront of their mind.
More like Local Elections, Prince Phillips birthday, holidays, anniversary avoidance.

^ Well Lumutqueen if it's going to be a tiara event I can't wait for all the royal women to break out the best jewels in their vaults! Esp HM and DoC! Wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie will get to wear tiara's for this event.

I believe that Catherine will select a tasteful, lovely gown for her wedding day. I don't know much about popular British or Commonwealth designers, but I trust her not to be a modern, semi-nude bride. =^..^=

I believe that Catherine will select a tasteful, lovely gown for her wedding day. I don't know much about popular British or Commonwealth designers, but I trust her not to be a modern, semi-nude bride. =^..^=

I'm thinking something what Ivanka Trump wore to her wedding. It was modern but yet traditional.

Kate Middleton and Prince William: The Royal wedding dress will look like... | Mail Online

As for a wedding date, people are saying they shall avoid May due to the local politcial events, and avoid July to the anniversary of D&C. So sometime in June?

I suspect the wedding will be in June because they said "spring/summer"--so I'm guessing late May/early June. I also suspect the wedding might be on a Saturday because even though past royal weddings were on Wednesdays, the most recent royal weddings--Edward and Sophie's, Charles and Camilla's, Autumn and Peter's--have all been on Saturdays. And I think there might be resentment among some members of the public if it were in the middle of the week (why are they disrupting our ordinary lives, the rest of us don't get to marry in the middle of a working week, etc.).

I never really had a guess for the year William and Kate would marry, but I'll hazard a guess for the wedding date: June 4, 2011--if not, May 28th. Before Prince Philip's birthday, Trooping the Colour, and Royal Ascot--actually, those dates would allow William and Kate to be away on honeymoon for these events so that the spotlight can still be on Prince Philip and the Queen.

What about 1st July? Diana's birthday. It would be a great way to honor Williams mother.

What about 1st July? Diana's birthday. It would be a great way to honor Williams mother.

As cute as William is, he appears to be very sophomoric and somewhat selfish about the "his mother" thing. No, I'm not being cynical, just pointing out that we have revered Diana for 30 years, in life and in death. This is Kate's wedding. Next thing you know, people (or even William) will want her to wear his mother's wedding dress.:ohmy:

As cute as William is, he appears to be very sophomoric and somewhat selfish about the "his mother" thing. No, I'm not being cynical, just pointing out that we have revered Diana for 30 years, in life and in death. This is Kate's wedding. Next thing you know, people (or even William) will want her to wear his mother's wedding dress.:ohmy:

Now I think you're exaggerating a bit. I think it will remain with this ring.

Kate will probably wear a wedding dress that is a similar dress to what she always wears--deep v-neck with a straight skirt. Probably unexciting, but tasteful and modern.

I still can't picture Kate wearing a tiara though. She'll probably choose one that is small and unflashy. I think she'll go in the opposite direction of Diana's wedding.

Abbey.

As for bridesmaids, remember that the British tradition is more toward children as bridesmaids, not really the contemporaries of the bride. That rules out the York princesses, methinks.

I vote for chocolate wedding cake!

There was an interesting suggestions by ITV's Tom Bradbury who conducted the official interview that an early date could be sometime in March 2011. He spoke with the couple at lenght before and after his interview was conducted 'off the record'

I think it will be cool hear all of Williams middle names being read out as you never hear them being said

He doesn't have that many middle names he's only William Arthur Phillip Louis.

Not the Abbey, St Pauls or St Georges Chapel.

As for bridesmaids, Pippa Middleton is a guarentee. Does Catherine have a best friend? If so her.

I didn't know we had a tendency for child bridesmaids. Child flower girls, and page boys, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom