The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton and Prince William unauthorised Royal wedding souvenirs to flood UK | Mail Online

Some examples of sourvenirs being made in China.

The picture of William on the last plate really looks like Prince Edward - William is becoming a Windsor in looks more and more each day I think.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I like Oldfield's designs, but he's talked a fair bit about his work with Diana. I think that Kate would go for a more discrete designer.
Mr Oldfield has only spoken generally ie how easy the Princess was to work with etc.. He hasn't revealed what size bra she wore or if she had a collection of "Bridget Jones" pants!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Royal wedding: ‘Made in China’ porcelain for royal wedding

This is interesting as the Daily Mail article on the making of souvenirs in China actually says that the palace has denied this story.

So who is telling the truth - the Express or the DM?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ Do tabloids ever tell the truth though?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
^ Do tabloids ever tell the truth though?

Yes - most of the time - but unfortunately sometimes they don't and hence people question their reliability.

That is the problem here - two tabloids saying the opposite thing - one is probably right but which one - the Express saying that there is a Chinese company that have the commission to do the china for the wedding or the Mail that says that the palace has denied such a commission.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

I'm not particularly a fashion conscious person so I don't really care who does the wedding dress, just so long as the dress itself is good. I don't care if it's an Oldfield, a Gucci, Issa, some unknown designer, something from Top Shop for all I care, just so long as it suits the occassion & suits Kate.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton Chooses Wedding Dress Designer - Celebrity Bride Guide
Old 01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Royal Highness

So her mom and sister visited a Bruce Oldfield's shop. That could be a clue to Kate's choice. On the other hand it could just indicate that they are looking for dresses for themselves, couldn't it?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
So her mom and sister visited a Bruce Oldfield's shop. That could be a clue to Kate's choice. On the other hand it could just indicate that they are looking for dresses for themselves, couldn't it?
If you ask me, the press rather *wants* the visit to be a clue as to who the designer is. They do need to make headlines, don't they?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Carole Middleton and Pippa Middleton spotted visiting Bruce Oldfield - hellomagazine.com (17/01/2011).
Old 01-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Indeed they could be going there just for dresses for themselves or clothes for anytime, not necessarily the wedding. They could just be shopping like any other person does! Lol

But the press do like to speculate & will use anything to help a theory along. Then again maybe they were doing something for the wedding dress, we'll just have to wait & see!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Royal wedding: ‘Made in China’ porcelain for royal wedding

This is interesting as the Daily Mail article on the making of souvenirs in China actually says that the palace has denied this story.

So who is telling the truth - the Express or the DM?
On Twitter, an Express writer says that royal sources have denied the story:

Royal sources are also denying a Reuters story about a Chinese firm winning an order to supply crockery for the royal wedding.

It did seem a bit odd to me that a Chinese firm would supply crockery for William and Kate's wedding. There's enough at BP already.

Richard Palmer (RoyalReporter) on Twitter
Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the betting indicated the choice right from the start.
At first, odds favored Phillippa Lepley; right after that they shifted to Bruce Oldfield. And then the betting closed.

I believe that is about the time when Kate made her decision.
I suspect the tabloids are right on target (as usual) and the designer is Oldfield.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No gifts please: Kate & William want charity donations
No gifts please: Kate*& William*want* | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think the betting indicated the choice right from the start.
At first, odds favored Phillippa Lepley; right after that they shifted to Bruce Oldfield. And then the betting closed.

I believe that is about the time when Kate made her decision.
I suspect the tabloids are right on target (as usual) and the designer is Oldfield.
As usual? Do you mean to say that the tabloids are always right?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
As usual? Do you mean to say that the tabloids are always right?

I go by the rule of three- if you read it in three different sources, it's true!

(But in general I think the tabloids are right. Time and again I've seen them publish something, get denounced right and left, and then...
it turns out to be perfectly true!)
Old 01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I go by the rule of three- if you read it in three different sources, it's true!

(But in general I think the tabloids are right. Time and again I've seen them publish something, get denounced right and left, and then...
it turns out to be perfectly true!)
Well, okay, I guess that we will see. Personally I prefer to have something left for imagination - it is imo not always better to know everything beforehand.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Well, okay, I guess that we will see. Personally I prefer to have something left for imagination - it is imo not always better to know everything beforehand.

Yes, time will tell!

I've heard that Oldfield's shop was besieged by the press after Kate's mother and sister visited, to the point where, whenever a customer tried to enter, journalists forced their way in with her!

If it's like this just because of a rumor, imagine what it will be like if he is confirmed as Kate's designer!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 PM

William and Kate

William and Kate
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Gentry

Just out: a William and Kate comic book,
Kate and William: A Very Public Love Story.

Sounds very nice!

Kate Middleton and Prince William cartoon (Vogue.com UK)

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding