Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Oldfield's designs, but he's talked a fair bit about his work with Diana. I think that Kate would go for a more discrete designer.

Mr Oldfield has only spoken generally ie how easy the Princess was to work with etc.. He hasn't revealed what size bra she wore or if she had a collection of "Bridget Jones" pants! :ohmy:

^ Do tabloids ever tell the truth though?

^ Do tabloids ever tell the truth though?

Yes - most of the time - but unfortunately sometimes they don't and hence people question their reliability.

That is the problem here - two tabloids saying the opposite thing - one is probably right but which one - the Express saying that there is a Chinese company that have the commission to do the china for the wedding or the Mail that says that the palace has denied such a commission.

I'm not particularly a fashion conscious person so I don't really care who does the wedding dress, just so long as the dress itself is good. I don't care if it's an Oldfield, a Gucci, Issa, some unknown designer, something from Top Shop for all I care, just so long as it suits the occassion & suits Kate.

So her mom and sister visited a Bruce Oldfield's shop. That could be a clue to Kate's choice. On the other hand it could just indicate that they are looking for dresses for themselves, couldn't it?

So her mom and sister visited a Bruce Oldfield's shop. That could be a clue to Kate's choice. On the other hand it could just indicate that they are looking for dresses for themselves, couldn't it?

If you ask me, the press rather *wants* the visit to be a clue as to who the designer is. They do need to make headlines, don't they?

Indeed they could be going there just for dresses for themselves or clothes for anytime, not necessarily the wedding. They could just be shopping like any other person does! Lol

But the press do like to speculate & will use anything to help a theory along. Then again maybe they were doing something for the wedding dress, we'll just have to wait & see! :p

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Royal wedding: ‘Made in China’ porcelain for royal wedding

This is interesting as the Daily Mail article on the making of souvenirs in China actually says that the palace has denied this story.

So who is telling the truth - the Express or the DM?

On Twitter, an Express writer says that royal sources have denied the story:

Royal sources are also denying a Reuters story about a Chinese firm winning an order to supply crockery for the royal wedding.

It did seem a bit odd to me that a Chinese firm would supply crockery for William and Kate's wedding. There's enough at BP already.

Richard Palmer (RoyalReporter) on Twitter

I think the betting indicated the choice right from the start.
At first, odds favored Phillippa Lepley; right after that they shifted to Bruce Oldfield. And then the betting closed.

I believe that is about the time when Kate made her decision.
I suspect the tabloids are right on target (as usual) and the designer is Oldfield.

I think the betting indicated the choice right from the start.
At first, odds favored Phillippa Lepley; right after that they shifted to Bruce Oldfield. And then the betting closed.

I believe that is about the time when Kate made her decision.
I suspect the tabloids are right on target (as usual) and the designer is Oldfield.

As usual? Do you mean to say that the tabloids are always right?

As usual? Do you mean to say that the tabloids are always right?

I go by the rule of three- if you read it in three different sources, it's true!

(But in general I think the tabloids are right. Time and again I've seen them publish something, get denounced right and left, and then...
it turns out to be perfectly true!) :lol:

I go by the rule of three- if you read it in three different sources, it's true!

(But in general I think the tabloids are right. Time and again I've seen them publish something, get denounced right and left, and then...
it turns out to be perfectly true!) :lol:

Well, okay, I guess that we will see. Personally I prefer to have something left for imagination - it is imo not always better to know everything beforehand.

Well, okay, I guess that we will see. Personally I prefer to have something left for imagination - it is imo not always better to know everything beforehand.

Yes, time will tell!

I've heard that Oldfield's shop was besieged by the press after Kate's mother and sister visited, to the point where, whenever a customer tried to enter, journalists forced their way in with her!

If it's like this just because of a rumor, imagine what it will be like if he is confirmed as Kate's designer! :ohmy:

William & Kate: The Royal Wedding - CTV.ca Blog: Countdown to Will and Kate's first child

The Countdown to the Royal Baby is on

How silly! Let the poor girl get married first....

Very silly article that can't even get the reason for the nickname right. Wombats are found in Australia and hence his nickname.

At the same time I remember when Frederick and Mary were married the first appearances after the wedding included photos of the tummy to see signs of a baby bump. Kate does have a duty to perform - have babies and after the wedding that will be a strong media focus. It is just starting a couple of months before the marriage rather than the day after.

Iluvbertie said:
Very silly article that can't even get the reason for the nickname right. Wombats are found in Australia and hence his nickname.

At the same time I remember when Frederick and Mary were married the first appearances after the wedding included photos of the tummy to see signs of a baby bump. Kate does have a duty to perform - have babies and after the wedding that will be a strong media focus. It is just starting a couple of months before the marriage rather than the day after.

Yes and after Victoria married too.... Heck even in non RFs plp start asking sometimes the day after .... I know my sister in laws wanted nephews/nieces soon rather then later :) but yes a silly article-

It's moments like this when I cringe with sympathy for the RF, living their lives in a goldfish bowl as they do. These poor devils aren't even married yet and the wretched papers are speculating about when they are likely to produce a baby. It's a very personal matter and they will when they do.

I hope they don't have their first child for a few years just to vex the press. :cool:

In this weeks magazine the headlines read "The Incredible Shrinking Bride-to-Be - Fears For Skinny Kate". Personally I think it is just the angle of the photo. Here is the link:
Fears for skinny Kate Middleton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom