The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
As for Catherine. I doubt she would go for the ballgown look... but who knows? I would like to see something with lots of lace, sequins and details that will stand out while being televised across the globe. A long train is a must,as far as I'm concerned, even if it isn't 26' like Diana's.
Sarah Ferguson's designer was very clever because of all the details in the train. I loved that dress! I was thrilled to watch her walk down the Abbey. The sparkles caught and held the eye.
I don't know why but its been stuck in my head that I'd love to see Kate in antique lace. Does anyone know if there's heirloom lace veils that might be in storage with the BRF? I really can picture Kate with a demure almost "madonna" (NOT the singer) look. Maybe something that suggests a vintage style as Edwardian or Victorian? Kate has never seemed to be the flashy "show it if you got it" type and I think something demure would really be bound to set some fashion treads. Then again, its cold... I'm on cold medication and my taste may be all in my mouth.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Nobility

I'd love to see her in something similar to Princess Claire of Belgium's wedding dress - I think she'd be gorgeous in lace.

But I could also see her wearing something a bit more toned-down, like CP Mary or CP Victoria's dresses, which I also thought were nice. I'm sure she'll be stunning, whatever she decides.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Aristocracy

I'd rather have a huge ball of tulle than a plain, boring, snooze fest. JMHO

Has anyone else noticed that Kate looks exceedingly slim in the engagement photographs? I mean, slimmer then before? It looks to me like she lost weight. Almost anorexic looking......
Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Has anyone else noticed that Kate looks exceedingly slim in the engagement photographs? I mean, slimmer then before? It looks to me like she lost weight. Almost anorexic looking......
Anorexic?No,she certainly isn't so thin as Kate Moss,I think she was quite nervous and lost some weight before the official enggement was announced;there are far more thinner girls by nature of their body or skinny like Allegra Versace(who really is ill)
All would be wonderful after they get married,I am sure!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34

I did notice she looked a bit slimmer, could be the position she is standing in though or maybe she is nervous about photos everywhere and wanted to look super good plus for her wedding- I sure once it all settles down she'll balance back out.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:

In the official engagement photos, she is positioned in a way that you see her from the side, which gives you the illusion of a slimmer appearance.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate is not anorexic and it's irresponsible to start spreading those kinds of rumors. As for whether CP Mary or CP Victoria's wedding dresses were boring......that's your opinion. I think classic and simple is not only the most flattering on a woman, but less dated. You don't want to look like the year you got married.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Kate is not anorexic and it's irresponsible to start spreading those kinds of rumors. As for whether CP Mary or CP Victoria's wedding dresses were boring......that's your opinion. I think classic and simple is not only the most flattering on a woman, but less dated. You don't want to look like the year you got married.
I don't think she was trying to start a rumor , just asking 1 question. I am sure no ill will was intended.....and to be fair no one actually knows anything about Kates eating habits either way, not starting a rumor just commenting not knowing goes both directions-
Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Let's not start the Kate is losing weight discussion.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

So true. When I was a bridesmaid, the bride wore one of those headband contraptions that were so popular in 1988. Today the pictures look so odd. For the record, my dress was a slim-line bubblegum pink with cross-over v-neck, padded shoulders and peplum. It might look very dated now, but at least I know that I could once fit into a size eight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
You don't want to look like the year you got married.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Majesty

'Get a life and stop your whingeing': What Lib Dem MP told voter who dared to complain about cost of Royal Wedding | Mail Online

One way of dealing with people who object to the expenses the wedding will cost the British taxpayers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/y...-marriage.html

It seems the government is giving with one hand and then advising companies how to take with the other.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Can anyone say 'one term government'?...

It's well known the co-alition is very much enthused by the prospective nuptials so that kind of retort is no real surprise.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Not per se: I would go for a look that I like and if it is dated - then so be it.
I suppose I am also one of the very few who do not find the 80s fashion shameful etcetera. It was just what was existing in those days and everyone or most people went by it.
I don't really understand the "what was I thinking" mood, in that way in twenty years most people will also complain about what they wear now. Just let it be.

And I agree with firebee34 about CP Victoria's wedding dress. While I do not find it ugly, beautiful is also not my description. It's somewhere in the middle but absolutely not something I would like to see Catherine wear.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

Why thank you skippy. Your right on. CP Victoria's dress wasn't ugly , just to plain for the occasion. I think on a woman's wedding day all eyes should be on her.... But after the initial first glimpse, I went back to oogling the many fabulous tiaras in the crowd. It was just to........ ho hum.
i think Kate has a fabulous figure and can pull off most anything. I just hope the dress lives up to the monumental occasion that it is. After all, she is marrying the future King and getting married in Westminster Abbey in front of 100's of millions of people. I'll know if she has a fabulous dress or not, by how much time I spend looking at the hats in the crowd
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM

I think Kate would look really good in something like Jessica Simpson's wedding dress (with some sort of sleeves or shoulder covering of course). Its sparkly and lacy but I don't think it will swallow up her figure like a enormous ball gown would.

http://tiny.cc/b8uyc

http://tiny.cc/nvgv9
Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Jess View Post
I think Kate would look really good in something like Jessica Simpson's wedding dress (with some sort of sleeves or shoulder covering of course). Its sparkly and lacy but I don't think it will swallow up her figure like a enormous ball gown would.

http://tiny.cc/b8uyc

http://tiny.cc/nvgv9

thats what I hope she won't wear

Thank good, she wears a much simpler style; allready back in the 80th I found Dianas dress "memorable" but unstylish to say it gently... that Simpson thing looks so hollywood but not as fashionable as Grace Kellys dress .. more like "the princess diaries"
Old 12-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

By the way,I read on yahoo that Victoria Beckham was officially invited to the wedding,as Kate always has been a fan of her.
I think they could invite Kylie Minogue,but I doubt for Madonna,Kate Moss,Angelina Jolie or Britney Spears(who met with Princes William and Harry).
I think we'll have more surprises at this point.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Where did you read this on yahoo?
I don't see why they would invite the Beckhams and Kylie.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Where did you read this on yahoo?
I don't see why they would invite the Beckhams and Kylie.

Well maybe, and that's a big maybe, the Beckham's just because William has done some events with David, but not sure about anyone else...of course I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't invited either.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

The two very formal wedding we were guest at this year, the bride had a larger more ballgown skirt. One was by Monique Lhoullier. Very beautiful will lots of cascading tucks as the embellishment. Very little beading. These things come and go but that's what is in fashion at formal NYC weddings at this moment.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding