The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that she'll have sleeves. Sleeves are probably protocol for a Royal Wedding in a Cathedral. If not, they should be.
I think she will too. Somehow a strapless dress doesn't seem to be proper for Westminster Abbey. At least the shoulders should probably be covered.
Seeing that strapless wedding gowns really seem to be in vogue right now, there's a few very elegant strapless gowns that also have a lace overdress or bodice that would make it appropriate for a church wedding. I really think Kate would look wonderful in antique lace. Especially with a tiara.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I think that she'll have sleeves. Sleeves are probably protocol for a Royal Wedding in a Cathedral. If not, they should be.

She isn't marrying in a Cathedral. She is marrying in an Abbey. Westminster Cathedral is the Roman Catholic Cathedral whilel the Abbey is CoE. The Cathedral is barely 100 years old.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I'm bored and there's nothing else in the news so I found this..kinda amusing to me atleast....

Royal wedding feast fit for Kate Middleton and Prince William: Roast swan, Eggs Drumkilbo | Mail Online
Old 12-11-2010, 02:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, I meant the Abbey. Westminster Abbey. I expect the same sort of protocol would still apply as they would at an Anglican Cathedral like St. Paul's Cathedral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She isn't marrying in a Cathedral. She is marrying in an Abbey. Westminster Cathedral is the Roman Catholic Cathedral whilel the Abbey is CoE. The Cathedral is barely 100 years old.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Anarchist groups threaten to target Royal Wedding - Telegraph

Never had this trouble before. I doubt this would have happened under Gordon BROWN.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Nobility

*Sigh*. What a shame. They've seen all the attention the Charles & Camilla incident received, and have now decided that going after the royals is the way to go.

I sincerely hope they don't disrupt the wedding or any other events, and I certainly hope they don't hurt anyone.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
*Sigh*. What a shame. They've seen all the attention the Charles & Camilla incident received, and have now decided that going after the royals is the way to go.

I sincerely hope they don't disrupt the wedding or any other events, and I certainly hope they don't hurt anyone.
It sounds like that is exactly what they are going to try and do. I don't like the sounds of this group. They are nothing but a bunch of immature irrational thugs.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Courtier

I think it's mostly "talk" since they've seen the attention paid to Charles and Camilla. Surely security will be strict.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Anarchist groups threaten to target Royal Wedding - Telegraph

Never had this trouble before. I doubt this would have happened under Gordon BROWN.
Oh please... This is the wrong board to dicuss british politicians....
Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
How utterly intelligent of them to tell their plans out in the open four months ahead of the royal wedding! Surely the police are going to go into hiding quaking in their boots and the wedding be canceled! If anything, this gives a heads up to security on how to possibly handle such a situation. Hopefully by April, this will have all died down to a low roar and things will be peaceful and joyous for the wedding.

As its often been said: One can never make a stupid person do an intelligent thing.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The ones I'd worry about are the violent anarchists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
They are nothing but a bunch of immature irrational thugs.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Serene Highness

PRINCE WILLIAM IN WED ALERT: PUBLIC BANNED FROM ABBEY

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/167084/Prince-William-in-wed-alert-Public-banned-from-Abbey/
Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think she will too. Somehow a strapless dress doesn't seem to be proper for Westminster Abbey. At least the shoulders should probably be covered.
Seeing that strapless wedding gowns really seem to be in vogue right now, there's a few very elegant strapless gowns that also have a lace overdress or bodice that would make it appropriate for a church wedding. I really think Kate would look wonderful in antique lace. Especially with a tiara.

I doubt she'll choose a strapless dress, but I think they are too much in vogue, to the point where they're getting passe. They've been popular all through the last decade, and I don't find them flattering except in rare cases.
Kate can have anything she wants, so why choose the same old strapless style that everybody and her sister has?
Let's face it, seen one, seen them all!
I would hope she'd go for something more innovative.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

She can't be too innovative. If she were marrying someone else, she absolutely could, but she's marrying the future King of England. I agree, I'd love to see something like what CP Mary wore or even something like CP Victoria's dress as both were very elegant, classy and not strapless ( ), but yet something still with her mark on it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would love to see a more 'sparkly' version of Princess Mary's dress.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

We have seen pictures of Catherine in evening robes. I don't follow her fashion thread, but I can't remember that she ever wore a strapless gown, and if she did, that was rather the exception. Imo this shows that she's not all that fond of strapless dresses. So why would choose a strapless wedding dress?
And than she does not come across as a rebel, who sets out to push any limits with her outfits. Her dress sense and style always showed how she tries to look fashionable, yet appropriate. So why would she suddenly give up this policy and risk being criticized for going strapless?
My answer to this is: she won't, and it will be her own preference to put some form of on sleeves on her dress.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I wish they would choose Susan Boyle to sing in the Curch!
I would love to see susan boyle sing at the royal wedding, but after she choked singing O Holy Night recently, I don't think it likely.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Yikes! If Kate walked down the aisle in one of those ugly wedding dresses I think I would be scarred for life. Nothing againest Bruce Oldfield, but well, he is old.... and a man. I think Kate will surprise us with someone else. Phillipa lepley has my vote.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoria View Post
But let's hope it's a light one. The Spencer tiara was too heavy and didn't do Diana's hair any favors. Not that Middleton would be wearing that one. She's not a Spencer and isn't marrying into the Spencer family.
WoW! I think that is the first time I have ever heard of anyone criticising the Spencer tiara on Diana. I really wonder why you think it looked heavy? I thought it was lovely. her hair drooped a bit but that was probably due to humidity.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygoogles View Post
Love that tiara. I think she needs a nice bigger more flashy(if you will) tiara since her gown will probably be plain
No. Please No! No more boring royal wedding dresses. CP Victoria's was bad enough (not to mention the cameo tiara). Diana's, while not the best, was at least memorable. I wan't something grand..... Sarah's was by far the best of the bunch with all the bling and a detailed train. JMHO

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding