The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I think it might be ok if Catherine did not wear a tiara-considering what hard times the world is facing globally and that the wedding is toned down.I think these two Wills and Catherine will shine no matter what.
No TIARA at a Royal Wedding! But, but, but.....that is unacceptable! Besides, it's technically recycling since the tiara would be an existing one or one modified from the Queen's personal collection. It's a waste to have all those lovely sparkley jewels gathering dust in an underground vault. She MUST have a tiara!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
No TIARA at a Royal Wedding! But, but, but.....that is unacceptable! Besides, it's technically recycling since the tiara would be an existing one or one modified from the Queen's personal collection. It's a waste to have all those lovely sparkley jewels gathering dust in an underground vault. She MUST have a tiara!
You said it and I totally agree with you. If I am expecting a tiara somewhere, it is at a British Royal Wedding.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Discussion of preferred tiaras has been moved to the Tiaras and Jewels for Catherine Middleton thread in the Royal Jewels forum.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

With the episode that happened to Charles and Camilla I hope that Kate and Wills have plenty of security and are conscious individuals of what is happening in the world.
Looks like Catherine is aware and sensible as she has chosen Bruce Oldfield to design her wedding gown.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton - Kate Middleton Chooses Oldfield For Wedding Dress - Contactmusic News
Old 12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to that article, it's just a rumor that Oldfield has been chosen. Nothing has been confirmed, especially not from the designer himself. I'd think we wouldn't find out anything about the dress until closer to the wedding date.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
According to that article, it's just a rumor that Oldfield has been chosen. Nothing has been confirmed, especially not from the designer himself. I'd think we wouldn't find out anything about the dress until closer to the wedding date.
your most likely right .... I just posted the article because it was musing...that he may be doing it ..I did not write the title of the article.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Nothing has been announced officially. This looks like just more speculation rather than a confirmation. I really hope she doesn't go with Oldfield since I don't think his design style suits her at all. Personally, I haven't seen anything he has designed that I like.

My hopes are on Philippa Lepley.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Nothing has been announced officially. This looks like just more speculation rather than a confirmation. I really hope she doesn't go with Oldfield since I don't think his design style suits her at all. Personally, I haven't seen anything he has designed that I like.

My hopes are on Philippa Lepley.
The only royal wedding dress by Bruce Oldfield (if I am correct) that I remember is that of Queen Rania of Jordan. And I do not find it a pretty dress but that can also be because of the jacket.
For any other royal examples, if they exist, feel free to point them out to me

I have no preferred designer for Catherine's wedding dress, I am not much into that territory. I can only hope that she covers up (aka not strapless).
Old 12-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Wills wants Towels

Prince William gives nod to Royal Wedding tea towels | The Sun |News
Old 12-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
your most likely right .... I just posted the article because it was musing...that he may be doing it ..I did not write the title of the article.

I know, I wasn't accusing you of saying something you didn't. It was more a response to Jaya who made it sound that it was certain Oldfield was the designer.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 12-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Courtier

^is that a new pic of kate?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I know, I wasn't accusing you of saying something you didn't. It was more a response to Jaya who made it sound that it was certain Oldfield was the designer.

No worries... just wanted to clearify my post..I should know better then not to write something under the web page... Happy Posting
Old 12-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
That picture is of Princess Eugenie of York..
Old 12-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
If you mean the picture in the article, then no it isn't.

Quote:
I think cd_1, is asking about the picture in the article you posted. Not Sister Morphines avatar.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Courtier

I suppose there is a need for a new picture, ey?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If you mean the picture in the article, then no it isn't.

I think cd_1, is asking about the picture in the article you posted. Not Sister Morphines avatar.

oopss sorry....n the picture in the article is Kate although it is not a new picture...the white coat has been seen often..
Old 12-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Speaking of my avatar, it's probably my favorite picture of her I've ever seen.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Yes, I also think, little children HAVE to be there (as a kind of sweet tradition).
Nevertheless, who could it be? Just the 2 children of the Duke of Wessex may be in an appropriate age. But no other nieces, nephews around.... Or are there some more from Anne´s children? Beatrice/Eugenie and Catherine´s sister may fill the "adult fraction" then.... to make everybody happy.
BYe Bine
The two children of the Earl of Wessex are possible I suppose but I would think that Margueite Linley would be possible as well. There are also the children of Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones as well as Spencer cousins.

Personally I prefer adults.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that she'll have sleeves. Sleeves are probably protocol for a Royal Wedding in a Cathedral. If not, they should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

I have no preferred designer for Catherine's wedding dress, I am not much into that territory. I can only hope that she covers up (aka not strapless).

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding