Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a fold not a pleat! A pleat is vertical. This looks as though the seamstress caught extra layers in the machine.

Well, thank you for your correction, as I did not realize i was being tested on my ins and outs of sewing ..lol ....... I have corrected my last post ...

Last edited:
Those 'pick up' tucks are Monique Lhullier's signature.

It is a fold not a pleat! A pleat is vertical. This looks as though the seamstress caught extra layers in the machine.

Wow, that is one passionate reply with the "!" :ermm:

For the record: how long does a royal bride generally have to pick her bridal gown designer?

Does anyone think designing has already started?

Those 'pick up' tucks are Monique Lhullier's signature.

She should drop those tucks immediately...it looks like a mistake. Otherwise, the rest of the gown is lovely. As for looking like HSH Grace's dress, there are only so many bodice and skirt variations to work with.

If equal primogeniture comes into being, Anne will be the heir to the Heir.

I don't think they do these things retroactively for just that reason.

I agree that the dress is ideal for Catherine (and her great figure) but would propose that the skirt have a deep, inverted (vertical ;)) pleat to accomplish a sense of fullness for the a-line skirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that is one passionate reply with the "!" :ermm:

For the record: how long does a royal bride generally have to pick her bridal gown designer?

Does anyone think designing has already started?

with only three months to go I would think she has already picked her designer and the gown is well under way.... just my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm wondering whether the black and white Temperley London dress Middleton wore to the charity event she attended with Prince William might be signaling something. It's being claimed that she's picked a relative unknown to design her wedding dress, and Alice Temperley does wedding dresses. She designs the sort of thing Middleton likes: slim, simple silhouettes with unusual details. The person who was quoted saying that the chosen designer isn't well known hinted that it was someone who had dressed Middleton before. It can't be Issa, since she's now well known, and she isn't British. Maybe Temperley?

I'm wondering whether the black and white Temperley London dress Middleton wore to the charity event she attended with Prince William might be signaling something. It's being claimed that she's picked a relative unknown to design her wedding dress, and Alice Temperley does wedding dresses. She designs the sort of thing Middleton likes: slim, simple silhouettes with unusual details. The person who was quoted saying that the chosen designer isn't well known hinted that it was someone who had dressed Middleton before. It can't be Issa, since she's now well known, and she isn't British. Maybe Temperley?

That's an interesting thought. Though I would say Temperley is well-known.

Isabella, I think by "unknown," the speaker may have meant someone whose name hasn't been bandied about as a possible choice, but of course I'm not sure. If she (or he) has dressed Middleton before, the designer can't be a total unknown. Then again, I'm very cautious about anything regarding the royals that I see in the press. The article I read also claimed that the dress is already underway behind the walls of Buckingham Palace, which seemed a slightly odd choice for the dressmaking venue, however anxious for secrecy they are.

:previous:
I don't think it is an odd place at all for fittings, as you say she/they are anxious for secrecy and she can't just go to the shope, now can she. she will most likely leave from BP on her wedding day to make the ride to WA. So if it was being all taken care of there it would never have to moved before the wedding day.;) I for one strongley beleive the gown is all ready under way...

Last edited:
I think it must be very difficult to hide this whole process. Say that they were putting together the dress at BP... that means that not only would the designer and the designers assistants need to be brought to the palace every day that they work on it, but all of the tools they would need would have to of been brought as well. What exactly would they have to do to secret a designer over to the palace... and how would they contain the people who notice/know the designer is suddenly gone all the time?

*Is very curious*

I'm not sure why Buckingham Palace struck me as a little strange. I suppose I thought that if the designer wanted to work on the dress outside of her atelier, she'd rent a studio in some out-of-the-way location that the media wouldn't be able to identify and stake out. Another issue is that there are so many staffers at BP. I'd be worried someone among them might see something and have loose lips.

One other point: according to an article I just read, the last royal bride to leave for her wedding from Buckingham Palace was Princess Anne, and no non-royal-born bride has ever done so. So, if the dress really is being made at BP, it will probably have to be transported elsewhere before the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't worry so much about the BP staffers. They no doubt sign various confidentiality claues and are looked over thoroughly before being hired. I would worry more about the lesser known Designers family/friends etc. Surely if that person is suddenly not at their own shop often, people who knew the designer would get suspicious...

One other point: according to an article I just read, the last royal bride to leave for her wedding from Buckingham Palace was Princess Anne, and no non-royal-born bride has ever done so. So, if the dress really is being made at BP, it will probably have to be transported elsewhere before the event.

Well it is all musing at this point, it would just not strike me as odd..you may be right about the an off the map space for the dress to be worked on. I Highley doubt she will be getting ready for the wedding at her parents home it will be one of the Royal resadence.. you can count on that .. if not BP then maybe CH but it will be a long ride in that carriage from Wales/or Burkshire. (SP) So this is why I was thinking she would be getting ready in one of the Palaces...Who knows.

No, she won't be leaving from Bucklebury (sp?), but not from Clarence House either, since that's Prince William's home in London. The article suggested St. James Palace.

St James' Palace?

Bucklebery/Burkshire? :S

St James' Palace?

Bucklebery/Burkshire? :S

St James' Palace one of the places that they are saying Kate Middleton will be getting ready for her wedding....

the later was we were tring to remember where Kate's home town was ...it is late in the day at work and I could not remember..

Berkshire. :) I wasn't sure if you were trying to guess another palace.
And St James' is most likely in my mind.

Wow. You know, I'm currently engaged and it will be on prayer alone that I have a decent wedding in March... I can't imagine have 30,000+ to pay for a wedding at an palace like Hampton Court... She is definately lucky lol.

If I become a millionaire... I would probably pay for a daughter of mine to go to the camp. I would also try to volunteer as a chaperone... lol.

^^^^^^^^^
I posted that article earlier today, and found the pictures of Harry and the blonde rather OTT.

Merry Christmas for everybody!!! Santa will have to visit a new home next year...

Mia_mae said:
Are they spending New Year's Eve together?

We won't know until we get pictures. However I doubt we'll get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom