The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't see why she can expect the same thing, why can't she choose her own food?
Lam mousse I imagine, is the same texture as a chocolate one just lamb flavoured. Or it might be a pate kinda thing.
Ahh Thanks for that info. I didn't know the Queen chooses the food, that's interesting!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ahh Thanks for that info. I didn't know the Queen chooses the food, that's interesting!
In the various documentaries I've seen about HM, for any large event she is presented with a couple of menus by the head chef and picks & chooses amongst them, sometimes using the suggested items and other times requesting a modification or something entirely different. If I were William & Kate, the kitchen team at Buckingham Palace would be more than welcome to plan my entire wedding breakfast -- it will be fabulous!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
In the various documentaries I've seen about HM, for any large event she is presented with a couple of menus by the head chef and picks & chooses amongst them, sometimes using the suggested items and other times requesting a modification or something entirely different. If I were William & Kate, the kitchen team at Buckingham Palace would be more than welcome to plan my entire wedding breakfast -- it will be fabulous!
Apart from the fact I've never heard of half of the dishes they usually make, I too would love to have the kitchen team at BP plan my wedding breakfast.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I Agree shes unacceptable
Old 12-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

It can also be argued that a composer writes a piece in a particular key for a particular effect. "Let the Bright Seraphim", for example, wouldn't sound as brilliant if it were transposed into a lower range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Then both you and your husband knows that every piece of music can be transposed, so it suits every voice.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Holy Cow! If Kate Middleton wore a dress like any of these I would call for an abolishment of the monarchy! Are you serious??
I'm sure she's just pulling our legs. There is no way on God's green earth that Kate would wear anything like these dresses
Old 12-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton makes the designers wait - Telegraph
Old 12-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Aristocracy

I highly doubt a pop star will sing at this wedding. A few may be invited to attend but not sing. Sorry but Diana didn't invite Michael Jackson to her wedding let alone ask him to sing. An opera singer did a solo selection, Kiri Ti Kanawa.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Yes of course... but it simply is not done in the classical performance world. Operas or oratorios are not transposed so that a bass singer can try out a tenor part! Transposition does happen lots in popular music... but not in classical.

William and Kate might surprise us all and instead of Emma Kirkby (one of the finest Baroque sopranos in history) singing Bach or Mozart, ask Joss Stone and Paul McCartney for a duet! We'll just have to wait until April 29 to find out.
I have, as a mezzo, sung transpositions of "Oh, Death" and "But Who May Abide". It is done in classical.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=angieuk;1169517]
No idea why Hello used such an old photo of Kate on their cover this week? QUOTE]

Probably because everyone is tired of looking at the same old photo from the engagement. If new/never used old photos aren't published, people won't buy the mags.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
No idea why Hello used such an old photo of Kate on their cover this week?
Probably because everyone is tired of looking at the same old photo from the engagement. If new/never used old photos aren't published, people won't buy the mags.
Do people tire that quickly of something that was anticipated for so long?
I suppose that is what comes with instant access to media.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:16 PM

I think Catherine should wear a traditional white dress ... why a different colour?

Btw, does anyone know if there is an art forum or do I have to create one myself? I recently did a portrait drawing of Prince William. Check it out here
Old 12-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Do people tire that quickly of something that was anticipated for so long?
I suppose that is what comes with instant access to media.
Sad to say, Skippy, but it's true. At least, I'm guilty; but you'll see griping going on about how there are no new photos of this child or that child, and so on.

Last night when I was flipping through TV channels, there was that pic of PW and Catherine again and I said to myself, "We need a new photo."
Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Sad to say, Skippy, but it's true. At least, I'm guilty; but you'll see griping going on about how there are no new photos of this child or that child, and so on.

Last night when I was flipping through TV channels, there was that pic of PW and Catherine again and I said to myself, "We need a new photo."
I agree about the griping, I read that a lot too.

However I am not one of those who quickly tire of things - I still find the engagement picture special.

I do very much hope for an official posed portrait though, like those that user ghostnight has brought in for an example.
But I won't expect that until next year - patience is everything today.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

I can't imagine that Ms. Middleton liked Diana's dress; it's not remotely her style.

I've noticed that even non-royal brides in the UK sometimes wear tiara-style headpieces; that Autumn Kelly did so shouldn't necessarily be taken as an indication of anything. Tiara bridal headpieces used to be a bit more popular in the US than they are now. These things are primarily a matter of fashion.

It was Sarah Ferguson's choice to wear a wreath of flowers down the aisle and to put on the tiara later in the ceremony, because she liked the symbolism of it. There's no rule about this so far as I know. I think Ms. Middleton might well wear a tiara lent her by the Queen. But let's hope it's a light one. The Spencer tiara was too heavy and didn't do Diana's hair any favors. Not that Middleton would be wearing that one. She's not a Spencer and isn't marrying into the Spencer family.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

The engagement photo will always be special, but new pics are always appreciated.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The engagement photo will always be special, but new pics are always appreciated.
Oh yes, absolutely. Only they don't always appear at the speed that some would like to see
Old 12-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen-Celeste View Post
I think Catherine should wear a traditional white dress ... why a different colour?

Btw, does anyone know if there is an art forum or do I have to create one myself? I recently did a portrait drawing of Prince William. Check it out here
You are very very talented and I really enjoyed watching this portrait come to life. Thanks for sharing this!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I have, as a mezzo, sung transpositions of "Oh, Death" and "But Who May Abide". It is done in classical.
Exactly my point It is being done in the classical world
Old 12-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

RoyalReporter from Daily Express posted this morning on twitter an official statement from CH confirming that while Prince William appreciates Snoop Dog's song he will not need his assistance for his wedding or bachelor party.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding