The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He doesn't have that many middle names he's only William Arthur Phillip Louis.

Not the Abbey, St Pauls or St Georges Chapel.

As for bridesmaids, Pippa Middleton is a guarentee. Does Catherine have a best friend? If so her.

I didn't know we had a tendency for child bridesmaids. Child flower girls, and page boys, yes.
Well, three middle names is enough already - most of us (at least, as far as I know) have only one or two.

Where do you think they will marry, then? Since you say neither the Abbey nor St. Paul's or St. George's.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

William's godparents:
King Constantine, Lord Romsey (Earl Mountbatten's grandson), Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Westminster, Sir Laurens van der Post, Lady susan Hussey.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Well, three middle names is enough already - most of us (at least, as far as I know) have only one or two.

Where do you think they will marry, then? Since you say neither the Abbey nor St. Paul's or St. George's.
I meant to put a full stop not a comma after the Abbey. I think it will either be St Pauls or St George's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
William's godparents:
King Constantine, Lord Romsey (Earl Mountbatten's grandson), Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Westminster, Sir Laurens van der Post, Lady susan Hussey.
Yes?
Old 11-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Nobility

Lumtqueen you seem to know alot about the british royal family... And I was simply saying that yu never hear his middle names.

I suppose we'll be hearing somthig from his godparents at one time or another
Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

I would like to see Kate with two adult bridesmaids. Pippa and another.

Possible Flower girls:
Lady Louise
Margarita Armstrong Jones
Eloise and Estella Taylor
Lola Parker Bowles
Eliza Lopes

Possible Page Boys:
Viscount Severn
Charles Armstrong Jones
Xan Windsor, Lord Culloden
Albert Windsor

I doubt Zara, Beatrice or Eugenie will be bridesmaids but it would be nice. If she needs attendants who are more minor she might consider Lady Marina Charlotte and Lady Amelia as they are 18 and 15 respectively.

William's godchildren are Prince Constantine Alexios and Grace van Cutsem so they can't be ruled out.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

Considering that the British tend to not to send many royals to foreign Royal Weddings I wonder how many royals they'll have? I'm sure this will be the best royal wedding since Charles & Di's because there hasn't been one like that since so there will be all or most crowned heads of states and Crown princes & Crown princess and a lot of princes & princesses.

I also really hope it is a white tie wedding, but I know that it wont be, unless Charles or William & Kate specifically ask the queen to have a white tie wedding.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
Considering that the British tend to not to send many royals to foreign Royal Weddings I wonder how many royals they'll have? I'm sure this will be the best royal wedding since Charles & Di's because there hasn't been one like that since so there will be all or most crowned heads of states and Crown princes & Crown princess and a lot of princes & princesses.

I also really hope it is a white tie wedding, but I know that it wont be, unless Charles or William & Kate specifically ask the queen to have a white tie wedding.
It most likely won't be white tie

I think most royal houses will go, Crown prince/ss and or the kngs and queens, some of the kings such as King Juan Carlos, are good friends with Charles, so we might see them at the wedding
Old 11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It will be a tiara event, and the designer I can't even guess. Kate hasn't shown an interest in a specific fashion designer, as Victoria did.

It is highly unlikely to be a tiara event for the guests as the British royal family favour morning weddings thus hats worn by the ladies

Kate favours the designer Issa who has recently started to design wedding dresses

I also doubt that there will be many heads of states or even heirs to the throne at this wedding after all it is the wedding of the second in line to the throne and unlike the 1981 Charles and Diana event not the heir. It is more likely that royals who are invited will be those with close links such as the greek family etc

Old 11-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Nobility

We have also forgotten that William has 2 godchildren- Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece (born in 1998 to Crown Prince(s) Pavlos and Marie Chantal) and
Grace Emilie van Cutsem (born in 2007 to Hugh van Cutsem and Rose Astor).

As for a wedding dress... I can not imagine that Kate will choose a non-British designer, especially during current economic times. It's too bad that Catherine Walker passed away recently. I think a Catherine Walker dress would have been just fantastic (remember Lady Helen Taylor's beautiful Walker dress) and another subtle connection to William's mother.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
He doesn't have that many middle names he's only William Arthur Phillip Louis.

Not the Abbey, St Pauls or St Georges Chapel.

As for bridesmaids, Pippa Middleton is a guarentee. Does Catherine have a best friend? If so her.

I didn't know we had a tendency for child bridesmaids. Child flower girls, and page boys, yes.
I am not willing to hedge a bet as to where they will marry. I thought when they did decide to wed they would avoid any Diana comparisons and go for Westminster Abbey, but with the choice of ring I think St. Paul's is back in play.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

I think Westminster is the most likely venue. St. Paul's is just over the top considering, as some have pointed out...William is merely the heir to the heir at this point. On the other hand St. George's is too small for the same reason. Westminster is a comfortable midway point.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

JonC said: "I also really hope it is a white tie wedding, but I know that it wont be, unless Charles or William & Kate specifically ask the queen to have a white tie wedding."

To be white tie, would it not have to be after dark or 5p, whichever comes first?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naida View Post
NoupSo twitted :
HRH Catherine, the duchess of Lancaster :)
Could this be right?
Wikipedia says that the Duke of Lancaster is a title held by the ruling monarch, regardless of gender. So currently, Elizabeth holds the title "Duke of Lancaster". I don't know that she'd bestow that title on William, though.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
As cute as William is, he appears to be very sophomoric and somewhat selfish about the "his mother" thing. No, I'm not being cynical, just pointing out that we have revered Diana for 30 years, in life and in death. This is Kate's wedding. Next thing you know, people (or even William) will want her to wear his mother's wedding dress.
Not necessarily. He wouldn't be the first child to use the ring of a deceased parent or relative. Didn't Camilla's ring used to be the Queen Mother's?

Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I definitely think the wedding will be very "British", meaning most of the high profile guests will be the Windsors, and British nobility and celebrities. Although to be honest, I do expect the European heirs to attend. It just wldn't be right for them not to attend. I'm finding myself getting strangely excited, I keep imaging Stella McCartney designing the wedding dress. One can only hope!

Forgot to add, I'm nearly certain! one the wee Parker-Bowles/Lopes bubs will be page boys or flower girls. That will be adorable. I think they will go the British and Victoria route with just kids. And as much as I LOVE the abbey, really do, and I do think they will have the wedding there, St. Pauls really is prettier for weddings. There is more light and cathedral is softer.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

It will be a real wedding of century. I have feeling they will marry in spring.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Nobility

I wonder what flowers Kate will look at for he boquet,
Old 11-16-2010, 09:16 PM

I don't think Catherine should have Issa design her wedding gown. I think she ought to chose a British designer, not a Brazilian living in the UK. It would help British fashion rather than Brazilian.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Nobility

Don't forget that Catherine Walker passed away in September, so I don't think it's likely that she'll be designing Kate's wedding dress.

I would love to see the wedding in St. George's Chapel since I love Windsor, but I suspect that Westminster Abbey will be the ultimate site. Yes, there's been some sad moments there, but maybe it's time that the abbey hosted a joyous occasion.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Nobility

My bet is
Local: Westminster Abbey
Date: Any Saturday in May
Dress: by Stella McCartney (lace)
Tiara: Strathmore
Music: Maybe one special song form Sir Paul McCartney
Not many Kings/Queens will be present, maybe just Greece and Spain, but many crown princes.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding