The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Okay....while I am not denying the possiblity of William and/or Kate liking rap music....I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think the likelihood of Snoop Dog performing at the wedding and/or reception are slim to none. Perhaps a private party with friends and families of the couple.

There is so much out there now I really question over half of these stories. They are just getting more and more ridiculous.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Nobility

Too funny - have just seen that Snoop Dogg tweeted Clarence House about which songs he'd like to perform at the bachelor party. (Just trying to get attention for a new song, methinks).

Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Commoner

LOL I can't even imagine The Queen's horror if Snoop Dogg even set foot in the palace, and can you just imagine what Prince Philip might say to him!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Global News was showing how Kate will have to curtsy to the Queen they even got the host to try it out as well!
Old 11-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

That would definitely be a sight to see! Snoop Dog rapping at the wedding! Can you imagine the look on the faces of the royals, presidents, and dignitaries?!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Who knows if's true, but she doesn't have a lot of time to have a custom wedding dress made so she better choose someone pretty soon. Personally, I wish she would choose Philippa Lepley. I love her designs and Kate would look beautiful in her dresses.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

So that'd come to a concert, and a ball all right before the wedding ahh those 2-3 days leading up to the wedding will be amazing!

Watched ET tonight and Katie Nicholl said Sarah is so far not on the guest list she is definitely in the "no no" list but Bea Eugenie and Prince Andrew are all invited.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Gentry

Ghost Night did you also see on ET that they were noting that the Prince of Wales will be giving Highgrove to Prince William and Catherine. It was also reported in Us magazine about the home. I find this to be unbelievable but is this being talked about anywhere else?
Old 12-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassary View Post
Ghost Night did you also see on ET that they were noting that the Prince of Wales will be giving Highgrove to Prince William and Catherine. It was also reported in Us magazine about the home. I find this to be unbelievable but is this being talked about anywhere else?

I saw something like this as well but it was conditional on the Queen giving Charles Sandringham.

I really don't think Charles would give up Highgrove - even as King - personally.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wish they would choose Susan Boyle to sing in the Curch!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I didn't notice it when it first aired but my dad was talking to me at the same time, but it re-airs tonight at midnight so I will check then and let you know I know they mentioned the wedding sketches in this week's Life and Style by the various designers. They also spoke about the Emmanuel's. They mentioned the possible names of people who are said to perform at the wedding which have been mentioned in countless unconfirmed reports.

May I ask a dumb question? Is the state dining room big? Cause from the pic I've seen it looks a bit small but I'm not sure and apparently according to Sarah that is where the "wedding breakfast" is traditionally held so I'm just wondering where in the world they'd fit performers and such that the media is hinting to.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Small is relative.

File:Plan of Buckingham palace.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Royal Collection - Buckingham Palace: The State Dining Room

THE STATE DINING ROOM BUCKINGHAM PALACE | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I haven't found details of how many can be accommodated in the State Dining Room, but it is for smaller functions such as "larger lunch parties". State Dinners for 150 or more persons are held in the Ballroom.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Roslyn for that info. That's why I'm thinking if they usually do it there where in the world would they fit all these rumoured performers. Idk I just don't see them doing it up for the reception I think they'll keep it traditional, I can see them doing it up for the concert though.

Prince William Is Having Snoop Dogg Perform At His Bachelor Party! « Hollywood Life
Old 12-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Majesty

As Charles and Diana only had 120 at their wedding breakfast I can see why they would have it in the smaller room - where they can really have close family and friends rather than everyone who thinks they should be their because they think they are important.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Ya I like the whole idea of intimacy of the wedding breakfast after all you have the whole overwhelming morning with getting ready going there the church ceremony and then coming back it's nice to just relax with a small group of friends and family afterwards.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Perhaps they've mistaken Charles' Highgrove with the Harewood estate that is being built for William and Kate. I really can't ever see Charles giving up Highgrove after all the planting and landscaping work he's done over the years. That place is too close to Charles' heart to be giving it away and moving.

"And after William finishes his three-year stint with the RAF he and Kate are expected to move into a six-bedroom house his father has had built at Harewood Park in Herefordshire."

Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William will live an ultra green royal fairytale | Mail Online
Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As Charles and Diana only had 120 at their wedding breakfast I can see why they would have it in the smaller room - where they can really have close family and friends rather than everyone who thinks they should be their because they think they are important.
From what I understood about the lottery for British citizens to attend Wills and Kate's wedding, not only would they be attending the ceremony but also the wedding breakfast afterwards. That's 100 people right there.

http://www.newser.com/story/106168/w...ing-lotto.html
Old 12-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps they've mistaken Charles' Highgrove with the Harewood estate that is being built for William and Kate. I really can't ever see Charles giving up Highgrove after all the planting and landscaping work he's done over the years. That place is too close to Charles' heart to be giving it away and moving.

"And after William finishes his three-year stint with the RAF he and Kate are expected to move into a six-bedroom house his father has had built at Harewood Park in Herefordshire."

Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William will live an ultra green royal fairytale | Mail Online
I watched back ET all they said was they currently live in Wales but are looking for an official residence for after they are married.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Who knows if's true, but she doesn't have a lot of time to have a custom wedding dress made so she better choose someone pretty soon. Personally, I wish she would choose Philippa Lepley. I love her designs and Kate would look beautiful in her dresses.
We don't know that she hasn't. I would not mind betting that she had that sort of thing all sorted in her head before the Engagement was announced and, you can't tell me that any couturier wouldn't kill for the opportunity to design and make THE DRESS!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I just looked at her website and I agree! Her designs are lovely and more modern than the male designer that folks are betting on.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding