Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
your most likely right .... I just posted the article because it was musing...that he may be doing it ..I did not write the title of the article.:)

I know, I wasn't accusing you of saying something you didn't. It was more a response to Jaya who made it sound that it was certain Oldfield was the designer.

I know, I wasn't accusing you of saying something you didn't. It was more a response to Jaya who made it sound that it was certain Oldfield was the designer.

No worries... just wanted to clearify my post..I should know better then not to write something under the web page... Happy Posting ;)

If you mean the picture in the article, then no it isn't.

I think cd_1, is asking about the picture in the article you posted. Not Sister Morphines avatar. :)

oopss sorry....n the picture in the article is Kate although it is not a new picture...the white coat has been seen often..

Last edited:
Yes, I also think, little children HAVE to be there (as a kind of sweet tradition).
Nevertheless, who could it be? Just the 2 children of the Duke of Wessex may be in an appropriate age. But no other nieces, nephews around.... Or are there some more from Anne´s children? Beatrice/Eugenie and Catherine´s sister may fill the "adult fraction" :lol: then.... to make everybody happy.
BYe Bine

The two children of the Earl of Wessex are possible I suppose but I would think that Margueite Linley would be possible as well. There are also the children of Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones as well as Spencer cousins.

Personally I prefer adults.

I think that she'll have sleeves. Sleeves are probably protocol for a Royal Wedding in a Cathedral. If not, they should be.:D

I have no preferred designer for Catherine's wedding dress, I am not much into that territory. I can only hope that she covers up (aka not strapless).

I think that she'll have sleeves. Sleeves are probably protocol for a Royal Wedding in a Cathedral. If not, they should be.:D

I think she will too. Somehow a strapless dress doesn't seem to be proper for Westminster Abbey. At least the shoulders should probably be covered.
Seeing that strapless wedding gowns really seem to be in vogue right now, there's a few very elegant strapless gowns that also have a lace overdress or bodice that would make it appropriate for a church wedding. I really think Kate would look wonderful in antique lace. Especially with a tiara.

She isn't marrying in a Cathedral. She is marrying in an Abbey. Westminster Cathedral is the Roman Catholic Cathedral whilel the Abbey is CoE. The Cathedral is barely 100 years old.

Sorry, I meant the Abbey. Westminster Abbey. I expect the same sort of protocol would still apply as they would at an Anglican Cathedral like St. Paul's Cathedral.

She isn't marrying in a Cathedral. She is marrying in an Abbey. Westminster Cathedral is the Roman Catholic Cathedral whilel the Abbey is CoE. The Cathedral is barely 100 years old.

*Sigh*. What a shame. They've seen all the attention the Charles & Camilla incident received, and have now decided that going after the royals is the way to go.

I sincerely hope they don't disrupt the wedding or any other events, and I certainly hope they don't hurt anyone.

*Sigh*. What a shame. They've seen all the attention the Charles & Camilla incident received, and have now decided that going after the royals is the way to go.

I sincerely hope they don't disrupt the wedding or any other events, and I certainly hope they don't hurt anyone.

It sounds like that is exactly what they are going to try and do. I don't like the sounds of this group. They are nothing but a bunch of immature irrational thugs.

I think it's mostly "talk" since they've seen the attention paid to Charles and Camilla. Surely security will be strict.

How utterly intelligent of them to tell their plans out in the open four months ahead of the royal wedding! Surely the police are going to go into hiding quaking in their boots and the wedding be canceled! If anything, this gives a heads up to security on how to possibly handle such a situation. Hopefully by April, this will have all died down to a low roar and things will be peaceful and joyous for the wedding.

As its often been said: One can never make a stupid person do an intelligent thing.

I think she will too. Somehow a strapless dress doesn't seem to be proper for Westminster Abbey. At least the shoulders should probably be covered.
Seeing that strapless wedding gowns really seem to be in vogue right now, there's a few very elegant strapless gowns that also have a lace overdress or bodice that would make it appropriate for a church wedding. I really think Kate would look wonderful in antique lace. Especially with a tiara.

I doubt she'll choose a strapless dress, but I think they are too much in vogue, to the point where they're getting passe. They've been popular all through the last decade, and I don't find them flattering except in rare cases.
Kate can have anything she wants, so why choose the same old strapless style that everybody and her sister has?
Let's face it, seen one, seen them all!
I would hope she'd go for something more innovative.

She can't be too innovative. If she were marrying someone else, she absolutely could, but she's marrying the future King of England. I agree, I'd love to see something like what CP Mary wore or even something like CP Victoria's dress as both were very elegant, classy and not strapless ( ;) ), but yet something still with her mark on it.

I would love to see a more 'sparkly' version of Princess Mary's dress.

We have seen pictures of Catherine in evening robes. I don't follow her fashion thread, but I can't remember that she ever wore a strapless gown, and if she did, that was rather the exception. Imo this shows that she's not all that fond of strapless dresses. So why would choose a strapless wedding dress?
And than she does not come across as a rebel, who sets out to push any limits with her outfits. Her dress sense and style always showed how she tries to look fashionable, yet appropriate. So why would she suddenly give up this policy and risk being criticized for going strapless?
My answer to this is: she won't, and it will be her own preference to put some form of on sleeves on her dress.

I wish they would choose Susan Boyle to sing in the Curch!

I would love to see susan boyle sing at the royal wedding, but after she choked singing O Holy Night recently, I don't think it likely. :sad:

But let's hope it's a light one. The Spencer tiara was too heavy and didn't do Diana's hair any favors. Not that Middleton would be wearing that one. She's not a Spencer and isn't marrying into the Spencer family.
WoW! I think that is the first time I have ever heard of anyone criticising the Spencer tiara on Diana. I really wonder why you think it looked heavy? I thought it was lovely. her hair drooped a bit but that was probably due to humidity.

Love that tiara. I think she needs a nice bigger more flashy(if you will) tiara since her gown will probably be plain
No. Please No! No more boring royal wedding dresses. CP Victoria's was bad enough (not to mention the cameo tiara). Diana's, while not the best, was at least memorable. I wan't something grand..... Sarah's was by far the best of the bunch with all the bling and a detailed train. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom