Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see this posted yet, but there was an article in Hello today stating no foreign royals would be attending the wedding. I wouldn't really expect Hello to know this kind of stuff, but I find it hard to believe. Has anyone else heard anything like this? What royals attended Charles and Diana's wedding? I think one of my favorite parts of the wedding will be to see all the royals, so it would be very dissapointing to me if this is indeed true.

I didn't see this posted yet, but there was an article in Hello today stating no foreign royals would be attending the wedding. I wouldn't really expect Hello to know this kind of stuff, but I find it hard to believe. Has anyone else heard anything like this? What royals attended Charles and Diana's wedding? I think one of my favorite parts of the wedding will be to see all the royals, so it would be very dissapointing to me if this is indeed true.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what Hello! reported. I seriously doubt that anyone knows the guest list for the wedding yet. Its not the kind of thing that would be released by BP or CH this early IMHO

I wouldn't put too much stock into what Hello! reported. I seriously doubt that anyone knows the guest list for the wedding yet. Its not the kind of thing that would be released by BP or CH this early IMHO

I think I read in People (yeah its People) but it quoted Prince William's Press Secretary. The wedding invites will go out in early 2011. So its a bit early to say that no foreign royals will be in attendance.

Wait as in they said that in the actual magazine or an article posted online? And Zonk thanks for the clarification from People Magazine

There is so much junk out there.

I was wrong. Its wasn't People but US Magazine (which makes it definitely questionable).

What is in People...are a suggestions of potential tiaras for Catherine. They must be reading TRF because they are suggesting pretty much the tiaras that we are (Strathmore, Girls of Great Britian and Ireland, Duchess of Teck, Scroll and Cambridge's Lover's Knot). But they don't mention that the Strathmore might need some repair (I think I read that in the jewel thread). They acknolwedge that the Spencer tiara is a No.

This is on pp74-75 with Michael Douglas on the cover.

The comment about the invitations is in the US Magazine, p89 with Jake and Taylor on the cover. According to the St. James palace spokesperson....the invitations wont' go out until early 2011. But then he loses credibility by mentioning the Obamas, the Beckmans and Paul McCartney. So I stand corrected:ermm:

Ah thanks for clarification Zonk

ugh here we go.....
Kate Middleton's family risks accusations of 'cashing in' on royal wedding - Telegraph

Really this is nuts is this going to continue for the next what 3 months? If so I'm going to go nuts.....well again it always depends on the wording pure example original article about William and Kate not going to Sandringham vs People Magazine's of that same article! People Magazine's version seemed much more believable and not as overdone.

Kate Middleton to throw pals a pomp-free party | The Sun |News

Last edited:
The article doesn't have much to do with Kate and William, just the family.

This morning in RE, my lecturer said she was having a Wedding party, her and her friends are going to celebrate the royal wedding with a party and create designs of the dress and whoever is the closest wins a prize. To me it sounded pretty silly, but i'm not surprised people are going to do it.

I have a Telegraph article about the Royal Christmas and it says that no one wears tiaras, they all wear cracker crowns.

I have a Telegraph article about the Royal Christmas and it says that no one wears tiaras, they all wear cracker crowns.
Ooh, now I don't know whether I'm glad or disappointed. If the Telegraph is right, at least I'm not missing any tiara-appearances!:lol:

Since William is a future King, I'm sure some foreign royals will attend his wedding. Other than King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, most of the foreign royals who reigned at the time attended the Wales wedding.

The Spanish king, Juan Carlos, chose not to attend to protest the decision that the newlywed's honeymoon cruise aboard the royal yacht Britannia would begin in Gibraltar, a British colony long claimed by Spain.)

52. Charles & Diana

I think Prince Albert of Monaco or his sister Princess Caroline will attend the wedding for sure

Since William is a future King, I'm sure some foreign royals will attend his wedding.

I hope so because half the fun will be seeing the tiara and outfits but let's not forget William is heir to the heir and his wedding is not a State occasion, so maybe CP's or delegates but not reigning monarchs, though I do hope we get tiaras!!!! :ROFLMAO:

The BRF aren't famous for tiara weddings.

I hope so because half the fun will be seeing the tiara and outfits but let's not forget William is heir to the heir and his wedding is not a State occasion, so maybe CP's or delegates but not reigning monarchs, though I do hope we get tiaras!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Most likely the only tiara we will get to see during the Wedding festivities will be the one worn by the bride. Even the Wedding of Prince Edward who was in the afternoon was no white tie Event. The men wore morning suit and the ladies long gowns and a feather in the hair or something like that.

Curious I'm watching back Sarah and Prince Andrew's wedding at the moment and I'm just wondering has the Abbey changed at all since then? It looks different shall I say from Diana's funeral. Last night ET took us one a tour of the Abbey though they didn't show too much but the video is on the website.

I suppose it changes due to the event, I don't think it's been modified in anyway.

That could be it honestly I'm thinking it might be the blue carpet they had that threw me off. Though it's interesting the place where the Dean last night said the Middletons and the Royals will be sitting is not the same place they sat for Sarah and Andrew's wedding, other people sat in that place. It's the place with the beautiful lights hanging over the seats idk how to explain it kinda remiscent of St. george's chapel...that's where they said the royals are supposed to sit for this wedding.

In 1995 there was a marvellous BBC documentary about the Abbey in three one hour episodes, presented by Alan Bennett with his usual sardonic humour. I wish they would show it again - I don't think it's available on DVD.

Last edited:

I read somewhere that because he's not the heir to the throne, only the heir to the heir, he's not required to invite foreign dignitaries but that many are likely to attend. I've read so many articles, many laughable at best, that it's hard to say if this article was in a credible magazine/paper or a questionable one.

I read somewhere that because he's not the heir to the throne, only the heir to the heir, he's not required to invite foreign dignitaries but that many are likely to attend. I've read so many articles, many laughable at best, that it's hard to say if this article was in a credible magazine/paper or a questionable one.

True, but he IS going to be the future King and we all hope he will only marry once. That being the case, I wonder if it still won't be considered important that foreign dignitaries attend. If he isn't required to invite them, I doubt he will unless it's important to his father and the Queen.

Most of the foreign royals are family. King Constantine & Queen Anne-Marie are definites as are, I think, the Spanish royals. The Norwegiens are also close so they will more than likely be there. As for the others ........

I have said before that the royal representatives will be there only because it is a royal wedding, and not because they actually want to be there. Due to the BRF lack of IMO European friendship. Royals went to Princess Victoria's wedding because they wanted to be there, they were all friends. I don't think William has met the foreign heirs more than twice, his fathers wedding if then and his fathers birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom