The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It will be a tiara event, and the designer I can't even guess. Kate hasn't shown an interest in a specific fashion designer, as Victoria did.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton and Prince William: The Royal wedding dress will look like... | Mail Online

As for a wedding date, people are saying they shall avoid May due to the local politcial events, and avoid July to the anniversary of D&C. So sometime in June?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Nobility

I am thinking the wedding will be somewere between the end of May and the start of August because otherwise it will collide with the Premier League, or am i totally wrong?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Premier League as in Football.
IMO that won't be at the forefront of their mind.
More like Local Elections, Prince Phillips birthday, holidays, anniversary avoidance.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ Well Lumutqueen if it's going to be a tiara event I can't wait for all the royal women to break out the best jewels in their vaults! Esp HM and DoC! Wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie will get to wear tiara's for this event.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that Catherine will select a tasteful, lovely gown for her wedding day. I don't know much about popular British or Commonwealth designers, but I trust her not to be a modern, semi-nude bride. =^..^=
Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I believe that Catherine will select a tasteful, lovely gown for her wedding day. I don't know much about popular British or Commonwealth designers, but I trust her not to be a modern, semi-nude bride. =^..^=
I'm thinking something what Ivanka Trump wore to her wedding. It was modern but yet traditional.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I'm thinking something what Ivanka Trump wore to her wedding. It was modern but yet traditional.
I hope so, Ivanka's dress was beautiful.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Kate Middleton and Prince William: The Royal wedding dress will look like... | Mail Online

As for a wedding date, people are saying they shall avoid May due to the local politcial events, and avoid July to the anniversary of D&C. So sometime in June?
I suspect the wedding will be in June because they said "spring/summer"--so I'm guessing late May/early June. I also suspect the wedding might be on a Saturday because even though past royal weddings were on Wednesdays, the most recent royal weddings--Edward and Sophie's, Charles and Camilla's, Autumn and Peter's--have all been on Saturdays. And I think there might be resentment among some members of the public if it were in the middle of the week (why are they disrupting our ordinary lives, the rest of us don't get to marry in the middle of a working week, etc.).

I never really had a guess for the year William and Kate would marry, but I'll hazard a guess for the wedding date: June 4, 2011--if not, May 28th. Before Prince Philip's birthday, Trooping the Colour, and Royal Ascot--actually, those dates would allow William and Kate to be away on honeymoon for these events so that the spotlight can still be on Prince Philip and the Queen.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:02 PM

What about 1st July? Diana's birthday. It would be a great way to honor Williams mother.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana F. View Post
What about 1st July? Diana's birthday. It would be a great way to honor Williams mother.
Her ring, and her birthday.
I sincerely hope not.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Courtier

On July 1st, there is already the wedding of Prince Albert of Monaco.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana F. View Post
As cute as William is, he appears to be very sophomoric and somewhat selfish about the "his mother" thing. No, I'm not being cynical, just pointing out that we have revered Diana for 30 years, in life and in death. This is Kate's wedding. Next thing you know, people (or even William) will want her to wear his mother's wedding dress.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
As cute as William is, he appears to be very sophomoric and somewhat selfish about the "his mother" thing. No, I'm not being cynical, just pointing out that we have revered Diana for 30 years, in life and in death. This is Kate's wedding. Next thing you know, people (or even William) will want her to wear his mother's wedding dress.
Now I think you're exaggerating a bit. I think it will remain with this ring.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Now I think you're exaggerating a bit. I think it will remain with this ring.
Sure, otherwise honouring Diana that much will begin to look silly, IMO.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Gentry

Kate will probably wear a wedding dress that is a similar dress to what she always wears--deep v-neck with a straight skirt. Probably unexciting, but tasteful and modern.

I still can't picture Kate wearing a tiara though. She'll probably choose one that is small and unflashy. I think she'll go in the opposite direction of Diana's wedding.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Abbey.

As for bridesmaids, remember that the British tradition is more toward children as bridesmaids, not really the contemporaries of the bride. That rules out the York princesses, methinks.

I vote for chocolate wedding cake!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

There was an interesting suggestions by ITV's Tom Bradbury who conducted the official interview that an early date could be sometime in March 2011. He spoke with the couple at lenght before and after his interview was conducted 'off the record'

Old 11-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Nobility

I think it will be cool hear all of Williams middle names being read out as you never hear them being said
Old 11-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He doesn't have that many middle names he's only William Arthur Phillip Louis.

Not the Abbey, St Pauls or St Georges Chapel.

As for bridesmaids, Pippa Middleton is a guarentee. Does Catherine have a best friend? If so her.

I didn't know we had a tendency for child bridesmaids. Child flower girls, and page boys, yes.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding