The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
A couple of things:

Uniforms: It occurred to me that Pr. Andrew and Pr. Edward may wear uniforms as well. And since Pr. Charles wore one for his 60th birthday "official photograph" (a mighty fine image of him, I might add), I'm guessing he would WANT to wear one. It does add to the formality of the occasion.

I Was Glad: Lady of Hay, you are so right! It is a fabulous piece, a spine-tingler in a great cathedral/abbey, and with the brass, orchestra, and organ, it will be very inspiring...
I think it's 99% certainty he'd wear a uniform. This is a major major wedding, no matter how much the couple try to downplay it. No, I don't have any evidence or source, but this is the kind of occasion that he would wear uniform for. Ditto for DoE and Prince Andrew (well, maybe not Prince Andrew....). Prince Edward was never really in the military, although he does very occasionally wear uniform when visiting regiments that is honorary colonel/commodore/etc-in-chief.

Of course I could be wrong and everyone would show up in business casual...

Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

We have the news on the TV . It shows the people outside Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace an amazing sight. It reminds me of the night before Charles and Diana married, I hate to make that comparison given the history.

One of the hymns was sung at Diana's funeral a nice trbute to her ,I think.

Whereever you are watching the great event tomorrow I hope you enjoy it as much as I will.

I look forward to reading your comments .

Old 04-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
I think it's 99% certainty he'd wear a uniform. This is a major major wedding, no matter how much the couple try to downplay it.
Good point. After all the statements about the simplicity of this wedding, I somehow got a picture in my head of guests in morning suits instead of uniforms. Thanks for bringing me back into the full glory of a royal, military wedding!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

I'd guess that Prince Philip and Prince Andrew will wear their Naval uniforms as well. One would hope since the PoW is getting in on the act.

The trees in the Abbey look so beautiful. Just breathtaking. Can't wait for the next 12 hours to go by!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

It seems that it'll be an Army themed wedding...William in full dress of colonel of Irish Guards; Harry in full dress as Captain in the Blues and Royals, perhaps the PoW and DoE will also don their Army uniforms? At least no.1 dress, the kind they wore during William's and Harry's graduations from Sandhurst.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar
Here's a sneak peek of the trees inside the Abbey.

Westminster Abbey - Inside for Royal Wedding : People.com
Waaaaay better then I'd pictured! I am giddy, just giddy with excitement!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar
She looks radiant and happy! Only a few hours now!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's reported that Chelsy Davy will wear two dresses tomorrow from designer Alberta Ferritti. Not sure why she needs a dress change.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
It seems that it'll be an Army themed wedding...William in full dress of colonel of Irish Guards; Harry in full dress as Captain in the Blues and Royals, perhaps the PoW and DoE will also don their Army uniforms? At least no.1 dress, the kind they wore during William's and Harry's graduations from Sandhurst.
Good point. Although I still expect DoW and PoW to wear their naval uniforms, if they're going to switch up the uniforms, then Army would make the most sense.

We shall see!
Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Short dress she will wear in church(with jacket), long one at the dinner&dance in the evening I think. I'm only wondering are these sketches from different reports are the real. We must wait and see.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

What the guests will wear- (supposidly)

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...ted-guide.html
Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

I have never seen such ecstatic crowds at an event like this in the UK and it's great to see people of all ages camping out all night and enjoying the electric atmosphere!

So the carpet in Westminster Abbey WILL be red after all - and with the trees I don't think the Abbey will have seen anything like this before! It's all so amazing and exciting!

William will look great in that uniform (although as my brother-in-law is in the RAF and William is currently serving in the RAF I had hoped for the RAF uniform!

Did anyone find out who the mystery woman in the fur hood was - she got dropped off at the Goring Hotel and the BBC think it might be the dress designer!!!

Well, I hope everyone enjoys the event and you guys over the Atlantic manage to stay up ok!

Happy Wedding Everyone!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Royal wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton will risk getting soaked so crowds can see them in open carriage - Telegraph

Prince William and Kate Middleton will risk getting soaked in an open carriage in order to give hundreds of thousands of wellwishers a chance to see them in their wedding outfits, courtiers have disclosed.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Eugenie's allegedly wearing Vivienne Westwood. Dear Lord, help us all.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Nobility

Another Wedding Dress Designer Clue

Royal wedding: tantalising clue points to Sarah Burton as Kate Middleton's dress designer - Telegraph
Old 04-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Anybody surprised by how much we have seen/know so far?. I can't think of a better way to phrase it, but as an example we can print out our own copy of the wedding program, CH/BP have released a list of some of the guests, William/Harry/Camilla were out greeting crowds. I am so pleasantly surprised as releasing names of guests and greeting crowds were not done previously IIRC. Wonder what other surprises are in store?!?!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Commoner

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....A LOT OF NERVES!!!! I can´t believe the big day has finally arrived! Can´t wait to read the comments tomorrow...! Please, if someone here in the forum is among the lucky ones who are sleeping near to the Abbey, don´t forget to take a lot of pictures and put them ASAP!!!

All the best for Wills&Kate!!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never smoked in my life but I feel like between now and the next 12 hours I'll be tempted to pick up a cigarette and smoke. I cannot believe how nervous I am and I'm not even the BRIDE! I can't imagine how Wills and Kate must feel.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Royal wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton will risk getting soaked so crowds can see them in open carriage - Telegraph

Prince William and Kate Middleton will risk getting soaked in an open carriage in order to give hundreds of thousands of wellwishers a chance to see them in their wedding outfits, courtiers have disclosed.
I'm sure there's a backup plan somewhere just in case it really starts pouring. Does the landau they are using have a folding top? I am assuming it is not convertible but does someone know? Maybe someone can bring them a couple of big umbrellas in that case.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Almost 30 years ago since Charles and Diana's wedding and I feel the same way! I am smoking like a train. (not good)
CHEERS to all!!

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding