The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal wedding: How Labour's PMs were never quite in the royal inner circle - Telegraph

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Rehab :: Beyonce's royal destiny

Old 04-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Speech at the lunch you mean?

Old 04-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Speech at the lunch you mean?
Yes,I've meant that
Old 04-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Kate to get a romantic wedding night
Article

Bells Will Ring for 3 Hours Following William and Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding
Article
Oh the full peal sounds hard to do- but honestly 3 hours of bells would annoy me.....
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Administrator

From what I understand that is a tradition and the bells have rung for almost every Royal wedding.

Three hours seems a bit long though. I thought it was for an hour after Charles and Diana's.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora
I am very happy that William himself,neither his uncle nor other members of Spencer family ,will held speech in the memory of his beloved mother ,the late Princess Diana,that comes truly from the depth of his soul
Prince William's touching tribute to his late mother Diana In His Wedding Speech - UK & World News - News - People.co.uk
The words may be fake but a speech mentioning and praising his parents, both parents, does not surprise me at all- sounds like a typical speech given on a wedding day,prince Daniel of Sweden mentioned both his and Victoria's parents so this makes sense to me ......
Old 04-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I completely disagree with the above post :)

I don't see William as ordinary in any way, nor does he represent the ordinary ideal of the common person. He knows who he is, we know who he is and there is nothing ordinary about that!

So the man has had a drink or few at a nightclub? Big deal. If that's the worst of it then anyone who is inclined to judge him on that needs to get a grip.

Tell me what elected politician hasn't had a few too many drinks or found themselves in a less than desirable situation. In fact, I don't think you're a politician unless you or your dignity has been compromised in some way

It would appear that William has not found himself in such company, at least nothing which has ever come to light and until it does, I'd endeavour to suggest it hasn't happened. He's sensible and to me that's perfectly evident.

And I'd certainly want him to be my King. The man, to me, "get's it". Constitutional matters aside, the apparent ease with which he interacts with those he meets does not suggest to me he is ordinary, but quite the opposite. He is a man who despite the immense wealth and privilege, is personable and considerate. The man reflects some wonderful values though yet a good many are rather dissimilar to those of his father and his grandmother where the public are concerned. He isn't intimated to get involved and I mean hands on. And regularlyat that.

It's laughable to think this man should in some way replicate the way his father handles himself socially. If anything, you'd probably want to distance yourself from that style of social awkwardness which Charles certainly has. And it seems to be what William has done and good for him. He isn't his father. Though let it be said that that may have more to do with William being his own person, than intentionally wanting to be different to his father.

Henry has been a bit of dill but in recent years appears to be, as would be expected of someone his age, maturing into a reasonable and responsible young adult by all accounts.

Catherine may be common born, but evidently has a good deal of self respect and handles herself with such dignity. And whilst the consort of the monarch has no constitutional significance in Australia, as a dual British citizen, I have not the slightest ounce of protest that this lady should one day, as is currently expected to happen, become my Queen. And as an Australian, my sentiment is unchanged. She'll make a wonderful wife for the King of Australia in the unlikely event William actually becomes King of this continent and her external territories.

Intelligent, engaging, trustworthy and loyal. It's my opinion you'd be hard pressed to find all those qualities in your average 'girl next door'. So certainly for me, there is something quite reassuring and something very 'uncommon' about this young woman.
Excellent post Madame! I wholeheartedly agree with every point. Having a monarchy that holds themselves above the common man and keeps a distance and superiority that prevents the public from relating to them is no longer acceptable. This is why Diana took the world by storm with her "common" touch and was so beloved. They may have been born Princes, but they are also human beings with considerable empathy and a desire to make a difference rather than just being stuffy, spoiled and out of touch.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Oh the full peal sounds hard to do- but honestly hours of bells would annoy me.....
How romantic a hamper full of luxuries.

Kate is very very lucky..

HRH Wills, is also a lucky man, so soft to Kate.

May they spend a long long happy life together.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:06 PM

I think William and Catherine will have a long and happy life together. Wish them both nothing but the best. I also wish them good luck in their role for their country and the commonwealth countries.
I'll be watching the royal wedding early friday morning hopefully I can get up by 3-4am. I'll have my clock set in time to get up. I'll probably be watching it either on ABC or CBC (canadian channel) I get in my area don't know which one yet? lol.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Britain's crisis of succession: Charles and the story behind the royal wedding - The Globe and Mail

Interesting article from Canada's Globe and Mail.

Maybe William and Kate should have been allowed to have a small
private wedding like they wanted.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Excellent post Madame! I wholeheartedly agree with every point. Having a monarchy that holds themselves above the common man and keeps a distance and superiority that prevents the public from relating to them is no longer acceptable. This is why Diana took the world by storm with her "common" touch and was so beloved. They may have been born Princes, but they are also human beings with considerable empathy and a desire to make a difference rather than just being stuffy, spoiled and out of touch.

And of course you have both totally missed my point.

If they are so common and ordinary why should they have the automatic right to be Head of State and deny that right to some other common and ordinary person?
Old 04-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't this denied a while ago? SO what's ET talking about?
ET & The Insider.com Present The Royal Wedding
Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Royal Highness

Other media is reporting Beyonce and JayZ will be performing at the nightine reception at the request of Kate and William.....

Lol - these rumors are funny
Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
And of course you have both totally missed my point.

If they are so common and ordinary why should they have the automatic right to be Head of State and deny that right to some other common and ordinary person?
Because they are son or daughter of their fathers or mothers. Simple as that. Simple as that!

Times have changed, marriage between royals were primarily for political reasons. No need for that anymore!
William should married who he wants to, not what you me or others considerer the "right" choice. And if because of that New Zealand, Canada or Australia, whatever decides to became a Republic , well that just what it will happen!

To be above it all it might have worked in the past, but today it won't. you can complaint , you can disagree but that just how things work nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Other media is reporting Beyonce and JayZ will be performing at the nightine reception at the request of Kate and William.....

Lol - these rumors are funny
WT... Listen if that happens I won't oppose someone snicking in with a camera and recording this!

I remember Kiri Te Kanawa singing at Charles and Diana' wedding. Will there be a Opera singer at this wedding?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Administrator

This is not the thread to discuss the relevance of royalty. If you wish to do so, please continue the discussion here Royal Relevance .

Additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Nobility

Photos of Kate as a bride of his uncle's wedding. Cant (mid page) but cant open the link of the article. Have to be registered and I'm not.

News of the World: The Best for News, Showbiz and Sport Exclusives| News Of The World
Old 04-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Aww Kate looks adorable

Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Queen and Prince Philip leave Kate and William alone in Buckingham Palace on royal wedding night - mirror.co.uk

The Queen is moving out of Buckingham Palace on the royal wedding night so the newlyweds and their friends can party away.

Her Majesty, 85, does not want to get in the way of Prince William, Kate Middleton and their 300 chums.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Queen and Prince Philip leave Kate and William alone in Buckingham Palace on royal wedding night - mirror.co.uk

The Queen is moving out of Buckingham Palace on the royal wedding night so the newlyweds and their friends can party away.

Her Majesty, 85, does not want to get in the way of Prince William, Kate Middleton and their 300 chums.
Nice for her to give them the space on their big day to enjoy with family & friends till the early morning.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding