The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4641  
Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM
genegirl99's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Posts: 130
Thanks for the encouragement. I have the arms sewed up, in anyone else is doing this, I discovered it was easier sewing the arms and leaving a hole in the middle then turning it right side out with the aide of the backside of a knitting needle. I finished his legs last night during the bad storms we were having and started on Catherine's legs. The hair is just crochet chains and I used thicker yarn for the hair...

I'm so going to make Daniel and Victoria. :-) Of course Daniel will have his glasses.

It seems the book predicts the Stratmore Rose Tiara for Catherine. I gotta get some metallic embroidery yarn. I'm gonna hold off on that too. Too bad this wedding wasn't a tiara event....

I take it Charles and Phillip will wear a suit and coat too and not the uniforms the book has them in?
__________________

__________________
Self Described Genealogy Freak
Proud Percy Descendant ('cause Percy's rule the world!)
Writer on fanficnation.net
Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
  #4642  
Old 04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenngirl4 View Post
I believe it was on Good Morning America on ABC. Here's the link to the article and the video. He states at the end that she isn't allergic to horses (per a palace source).

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton's Royal Carriages Revealed - ABC News

Thank you, I could not recall where I heard it but I knew I had
__________________

__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
  #4643  
Old 04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by genegirl99 View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. I have the arms sewed up, in anyone else is doing this, I discovered it was easier sewing the arms and leaving a hole in the middle then turning it right side out with the aide of the backside of a knitting needle. I finished his legs last night during the bad storms we were having and started on Catherine's legs. The hair is just crochet chains and I used thicker yarn for the hair...

I'm so going to make Daniel and Victoria. :-) Of course Daniel will have his glasses.

It seems the book predicts the Stratmore Rose Tiara for Catherine. I gotta get some metallic embroidery yarn. I'm gonna hold off on that too. Too bad this wedding wasn't a tiara event....

I take it Charles and Phillip will wear a suit and coat too and not the uniforms the book has them in?

I am waiting until after the wedding before dressing any of them so that I can knit the dresses in the colours worn and also have the men in their uniforms.

I do think both Philip and Charles, and possibly Andrew, will wear their naval uniforms actually - as depicted.
__________________
  #4644  
Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Royal Wedding: America goes mad for Kate - Telegraph

Royal wedding: BBC to dedicate up to 1000 staff to cover event | Mail Online

BBC News - Royal wedding: Cameron urges street party celebrations
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #4645  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
texankitcat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
please keep us update on the status!
William is wearing his honeymoon suit
LMAO! I can't wait to see the finished...er....clothed William.
__________________
  #4646  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
DianaLP's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11
genegirl 99

Don't laugh too hard, I don't have him put together yet, but I thought I'd share with you my progress on the "Knit Your Own Royal Wedding." I'm going to wait to see the uniform before I make it. :-)

Horseback riding to the Abbey, that will be neat to see. I hope William and Harry do it.


Great sense of humor, keep it up:) and ya I'd like to see them ride too...
__________________
  #4647  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 PM
DianaLP's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver, Canada
Posts: 11
it wouldnt let me quote you, cause the photo, soo i did my own version of quote
__________________
  #4648  
Old 04-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Alongside the cute knitted items, if anyone is also making something or, of course, involved in an event celebrating the Royal Wedding then we would love to hear from you with a greeting and a picture.

Thanks to the Royal Forums, we have now covered all continents .. though still few in number but hoping people will 'Send a Greeting' in the last two weeks and after the wedding.
__________________
Royal Wedding - Send Your Greeting - Free @ www.Wills-Kate.com
Whether from yourself, you and your partner, family, school project, workplace, street party or wherever around the world.
Enjoy other people's greetings too!
  #4649  
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 AM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton will turn Buckingham Palace into a nightclub - hellomagazine.com
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #4650  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,283
Hmm, I wonder if the Queen will light out to Windsor right after dinner, to get some peace and quiet?
__________________
  #4651  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Hmm, I wonder if the Queen will light out to Windsor right after dinner, to get some peace and quiet?
Can you imagine HM dancing to Dancing Queen [It feels wrong even to write this].
She's a smart lady, she's very much aware that around her people don't really relax, which is not good if you're at the dancing part of the reception.
BP it's close enough, after dinner I'm sure she'll be pleased to finally take some rest.
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #4652  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Can you imagine HM dancing to Dancing Queen [It feels wrong even to write this].
She's a smart lady, she's very much aware that around her people don't really relax, which is not good if you're at the dancing part of the reception.
BP it's close enough, after dinner I'm sure she'll be pleased to finally take some rest.
I can...rumour had it that she and the late Queen Mother danced to YMCA at Edward and Sophie's reception.

So anything is possible
__________________
.

  #4653  
Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillsKateHello View Post
Alongside the cute knitted items, if anyone is also making something or, of course, involved in an event celebrating the Royal Wedding then we would love to hear from you with a greeting and a picture.

Thanks to the Royal Forums, we have now covered all continents .. though still few in number but hoping people will 'Send a Greeting' in the last two weeks and after the wedding.
Hey, I can only speak for myself, but I'm always very cautious when clicking on other sites. In the beggining of the year I saw on YT a video saying that there were some people using Kate and Will's wedding to spread virus. I usually go to the same place to look for information, avoiding any strange site. Now that you introduce yourself, I'd be happy to contribute
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #4654  
Old 04-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I can...rumour had it that she and the late Queen Mother danced to YMCA at Edward and Sophie's reception.

So anything is possible
Prove it!
just kidding! I can't imagine, but wouldn't mind witnessing


there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.



Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #4655  
Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 AM
rcra's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 64
Video

OMG! I loved this video! Very funny! Can you image William and Kate's faces if they ever heard it?
Oh, I would love to see that!
__________________
"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." - Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)
  #4656  
Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Kate Middleton Royal Wedding Jitters : People.com

Just keep saying Kate: William Arthur Phillip Louis. William Arthur Phillip Louis William Arthur Phillip Louis

The occasion was also used to announce the first donation by the charitable foundation established by Princes William and Harry. The grant-giving body, set to reward causes close to them, handed over a "six-figure sum" to the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge, which aims to enhance and protect playing fields in Britain.

It's nice to know. It was not all about hair and shoes, ladies

so, Richard Palmer from the Telegraph tweeted:

Trumpeters from the Central Band of the RAF will play a new fanfare at the royal wedding when the couple sign the register to tie the knot.

The 30-second fanfare, played by seven trumpeters and a drummer, is entitled Valiant and Brave - the motto used by William's 22 Squadron.
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #4657  
Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Leslie2006's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 445
Has it been decided yet what Prince William will wear for the wedding? Either a suit or his navy uniform?
__________________
  #4658  
Old 04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Has it been decided yet what Prince William will wear for the wedding? Either a suit or his navy uniform?
I am sure it has been decided, it has just not been publicly communicated.
__________________
  #4659  
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Prove it!
just kidding! I can't imagine, but wouldn't mind witnessing


there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.



Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......
Thats a lovely video. I hope it has been sent to St James' Palace and W&C get to see it.
__________________
  #4660  
Old 04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,092
Random though. Someone should come up with a flashmob for the wedding. Not inside the Abbey, of course.

anyways, there's another clip for Lifetime' William & Kate The Movie

I'm not sure if that's the intended reaction, but I can't seem to stop laughing.
WTH
__________________

__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]