The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Thanks for the encouragement. I have the arms sewed up, in anyone else is doing this, I discovered it was easier sewing the arms and leaving a hole in the middle then turning it right side out with the aide of the backside of a knitting needle. I finished his legs last night during the bad storms we were having and started on Catherine's legs. The hair is just crochet chains and I used thicker yarn for the hair...

I'm so going to make Daniel and Victoria. :-) Of course Daniel will have his glasses.

It seems the book predicts the Stratmore Rose Tiara for Catherine. I gotta get some metallic embroidery yarn. I'm gonna hold off on that too. Too bad this wedding wasn't a tiara event....

I take it Charles and Phillip will wear a suit and coat too and not the uniforms the book has them in?

Genealogist: shrinking the world one person at a time.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenngirl4 View Post
I believe it was on Good Morning America on ABC. Here's the link to the article and the video. He states at the end that she isn't allergic to horses (per a palace source).

Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton's Royal Carriages Revealed - ABC News

Thank you, I could not recall where I heard it but I knew I had

Old 04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by genegirl99 View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. I have the arms sewed up, in anyone else is doing this, I discovered it was easier sewing the arms and leaving a hole in the middle then turning it right side out with the aide of the backside of a knitting needle. I finished his legs last night during the bad storms we were having and started on Catherine's legs. The hair is just crochet chains and I used thicker yarn for the hair...

I'm so going to make Daniel and Victoria. :-) Of course Daniel will have his glasses.

It seems the book predicts the Stratmore Rose Tiara for Catherine. I gotta get some metallic embroidery yarn. I'm gonna hold off on that too. Too bad this wedding wasn't a tiara event....

I take it Charles and Phillip will wear a suit and coat too and not the uniforms the book has them in?

I am waiting until after the wedding before dressing any of them so that I can knit the dresses in the colours worn and also have the men in their uniforms.

I do think both Philip and Charles, and possibly Andrew, will wear their naval uniforms actually - as depicted.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Royal Wedding: America goes mad for Kate - Telegraph

Royal wedding: BBC to dedicate up to 1000 staff to cover event | Mail Online

BBC News - Royal wedding: Cameron urges street party celebrations
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
please keep us update on the status!
William is wearing his honeymoon suit
LMAO! I can't wait to see the finished...er....clothed William.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Commoner

genegirl 99

Don't laugh too hard, I don't have him put together yet, but I thought I'd share with you my progress on the "Knit Your Own Royal Wedding." I'm going to wait to see the uniform before I make it. :-)

Horseback riding to the Abbey, that will be neat to see. I hope William and Harry do it.

Great sense of humor, keep it up:) and ya I'd like to see them ride too...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Commoner

it wouldnt let me quote you, cause the photo, soo i did my own version of quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:54 AM

Alongside the cute knitted items, if anyone is also making something or, of course, involved in an event celebrating the Royal Wedding then we would love to hear from you with a greeting and a picture.

Thanks to the Royal Forums, we have now covered all continents .. though still few in number but hoping people will 'Send a Greeting' in the last two weeks and after the wedding.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Royal Wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton will turn Buckingham Palace into a nightclub - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hmm, I wonder if the Queen will light out to Windsor right after dinner, to get some peace and quiet?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Hmm, I wonder if the Queen will light out to Windsor right after dinner, to get some peace and quiet?
Can you imagine HM dancing to Dancing Queen [It feels wrong even to write this].
She's a smart lady, she's very much aware that around her people don't really relax, which is not good if you're at the dancing part of the reception.
BP it's close enough, after dinner I'm sure she'll be pleased to finally take some rest.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Can you imagine HM dancing to Dancing Queen [It feels wrong even to write this].
She's a smart lady, she's very much aware that around her people don't really relax, which is not good if you're at the dancing part of the reception.
BP it's close enough, after dinner I'm sure she'll be pleased to finally take some rest.
I can...rumour had it that she and the late Queen Mother danced to YMCA at Edward and Sophie's reception.

So anything is possible

Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillsKateHello View Post
Alongside the cute knitted items, if anyone is also making something or, of course, involved in an event celebrating the Royal Wedding then we would love to hear from you with a greeting and a picture.

Thanks to the Royal Forums, we have now covered all continents .. though still few in number but hoping people will 'Send a Greeting' in the last two weeks and after the wedding.
Hey, I can only speak for myself, but I'm always very cautious when clicking on other sites. In the beggining of the year I saw on YT a video saying that there were some people using Kate and Will's wedding to spread virus. I usually go to the same place to look for information, avoiding any strange site. Now that you introduce yourself, I'd be happy to contribute
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I can...rumour had it that she and the late Queen Mother danced to YMCA at Edward and Sophie's reception.

So anything is possible
Prove it!
just kidding! I can't imagine, but wouldn't mind witnessing

there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.

Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......
Old 04-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Gentry

Video

OMG! I loved this video! Very funny! Can you image William and Kate's faces if they ever heard it?
Oh, I would love to see that!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Kate Middleton Royal Wedding Jitters : People.com

Just keep saying Kate: William Arthur Phillip Louis. William Arthur Phillip Louis William Arthur Phillip Louis

The occasion was also used to announce the first donation by the charitable foundation established by Princes William and Harry. The grant-giving body, set to reward causes close to them, handed over a "six-figure sum" to the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge, which aims to enhance and protect playing fields in Britain.

It's nice to know. It was not all about hair and shoes, ladies

so, Richard Palmer from the Telegraph tweeted:

Trumpeters from the Central Band of the RAF will play a new fanfare at the royal wedding when the couple sign the register to tie the knot.

The 30-second fanfare, played by seven trumpeters and a drummer, is entitled Valiant and Brave - the motto used by William's 22 Squadron.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Has it been decided yet what Prince William will wear for the wedding? Either a suit or his navy uniform?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Has it been decided yet what Prince William will wear for the wedding? Either a suit or his navy uniform?
I am sure it has been decided, it has just not been publicly communicated.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prove it!
just kidding! I can't imagine, but wouldn't mind witnessing

there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.

Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......
Thats a lovely video. I hope it has been sent to St James' Palace and W&C get to see it.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

Random though. Someone should come up with a flashmob for the wedding. Not inside the Abbey, of course.

anyways, there's another clip for Lifetime' William & Kate The Movie

I'm not sure if that's the intended reaction, but I can't seem to stop laughing.
WTH

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding