The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
Ask his uncle? I would think he'd ask his Father or actually his Grandmother. I do remember she was at Diana's funeral.
I don't think he will ask anyone. How derogatory for a 28-year-old man! Apart from that, I have a feeling that Sarah will not want to attend.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You never know. I don't know how close Sarah is with her nephews nowadays, but actually I think she will attend the wedding.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I don't think he will ask anyone. How derogatory for a 28-year-old man!
I don't think people meant 'ask' in the sense of asking for permission, rather asking for opinions and advice.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
I don't think people meant 'ask' in the sense of asking for permission, rather asking for opinions and advice.
Ok then, sounds reasonable.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think he will ask anyone. How derogatory for a 28-year-old man! Apart from that, I have a feeling that Sarah will not want to attend.
I see a few posts down that we got this cleared up. I just figured since her last debacle, which I actually felt a bit sorry for her, they wouldn't want her there. Anyway I have a feeling she might be there....hopefully dressed age appropriate.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Bishop sorry for 'offensive' royal wedding comments - National - Rutland Times

I was waiting for this ....
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I see a few posts down that we got this cleared up. I just figured since her last debacle, which I actually felt a bit sorry for her, they wouldn't want her there. Anyway I have a feeling she might be there....hopefully dressed age appropriate.
Exactly. The pressure for Sarah is huge at the moment. Hence, I have this feeling, that even if she receives an invitation, she'll probably choose not to attend. Which is natural and normal.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Commoner

I like the Nizam and Rundell tiaras and they haven't been seen for ages.

The Girls of Ireland and Great Britain is too associated with HMQ, let her enjoy it for a few more years.

I read elsewhere that the Strathmore is in a state of mild disrepair and tarnish. Don't know if that is accurate.

correction: sorry I just read the Nizam was dismanted and its diamonds used for the Burmese Ruby tiara.

Fergie was given a beautiful tiara, something similar might be nice.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I wouldn't count on St. James. That is where Prince Charles and Diana married...
Didnīt they get married at St. Pauls?
Old 11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

They did, yes. There's a lot of churches in London with the prefix "St." in front of it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
They did, yes. There's a lot of churches in London with the prefix "St." in front of it.
Itīs the same here in Copenhagen
Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Most, if not all, churches are 'St' something, even if not known as that e.g. Westminster Abbey is really The Collegiate Church of St Peter.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Didnīt they get married at St. Pauls?
Oops! My bad! Thank you for the correction.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Why not? It's going to be the event of the decade and we all know Sarah would love to be in the limelight again looking favorable.
Should be interesting to see how things pan out yet.
Who does the cakes?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Why not? It's going to be the event of the decade and we all know Sarah would love to be in the limelight again looking favorable.
Should be interesting to see how things pan out yet.
Who does the cakes?
PR wise, yes it would make it appear she is forgiven and back in the Royal good graces, but I really don't think she is. Of course they wouldn't publically snub her, but I am sure there would be a lot of tension over this latest scandel.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Who does the cakes?

Doesn't Buckingham Palace have a baker or pastry chef? I really don't know, I would assume they do.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Doesn't Buckingham Palace have a baker or pastry chef? I really don't know, I would assume they do.
Yes they do. They have well staffed kitchens that not only cooks for State Banquets, parties, receptions, etc...but for the family and the staff as well. I have read several books where the BP kitchens are mentioned, as well as Windsor.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Serene Highness

Naturally, lots of people have been about this wedding doing things to echo Charles and Diana's, but I think they can find a lot of good inspiration from Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's wedding. The 1947 wedding in Westminster Abbey took place during a time of hardship and rebuilding in Britain, so it has the just the balance of scale and economy William and Catherine need to mind during these tough times. Elizabeth's gown, IMO, was much more flattering and timeless than Diana's gown. The black and white photos of the era did not do justice to the intricate beading on the gown and train. And even though they've had their problems, Elizabeth and Philip's marriage is a far better example to follow than Charles and Diana's ever was.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
Naturally, lots of people have been about this wedding doing things to echo Charles and Diana's, but I think they can find a lot of good inspiration from Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's wedding. The 1947 wedding in Westminster Abbey took place during a time of hardship and rebuilding in Britain, so it has the just the balance of scale and economy William and Catherine need to mind during these tough times. Elizabeth's gown, IMO, was much more flattering and timeless than Diana's gown. The black and white photos of the era did not do justice to the intricate beading on the gown and train. And even though they've had their problems, Elizabeth and Philip's marriage is a far better example to follow than Charles and Diana's ever was.

In 2002 Kensington Palace had a display of the Queens' wedding gowns from Queen Victoria to Elizabeth and Elizabeth's was magnificent. Actually they all were - except for the Queen Mum's I thought but I loathe the style of the 1920s and that dress was all 20s. Alexandra's was great, but she had it modified after the wedding to wear again. Mary's was also classical and Victoria's was also lovely and showed just how short she was.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

So it's about 8:45am in London if we were to get the announcement of the date today I wonder at around what time it would be? if not we have to wait another week! Also have to say I was watching ET Canada and they interview a friend of Kate's and she said Kate and William want a summer wedding so idk...

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding