The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine

You would probably be surprised to learn that a lot of single men slip on a wedding ring when they go out to the clubs because a lot of women are drawn to the ring, flirt outragiously with the supposed "married" men with the idea that they can have a no strings one nighter. It can be quite an effective tool in pulling for the night.
Actually doesn't surprise me at all... My husband gets hit on more with his ring then before we were married for sure, luckily he's happily marrired .....but some men and women are sleazy!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William's Bachelor Party This Weekend: Report

Prince William's Bachelor Party This Weekend: Report

isn't too soon?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...w-Edwards.html

so.. the question should really be, which journalist will NOT be involve?

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

And since European culture became Christian, it's become a symbol of eternity and divinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Skippy, you'll be sad to note that the origin of the wedding ring was to indicate the woman was "chattel." The rings were made of iron or some other worthless metal. Men didn't regularly wear wedding rings until the 20th century, and then only because the ring makers convinced women that their husbands needed one.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Some gals love a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Actually doesn't surprise me at all... My husband gets hit on more with his ring then before we were married for sure, luckily he's happily marrired .....but some men and women are sleazy!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes, a colourful bouquet would be perfect with her dark hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
What I would love is to see Catherine with a very vibrant bouquet, since she'll more than likely be wearing white or an off-white dress.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the hybrid roses that are a mix of colors: the white with red-tipped petals, or the yellow with red spots, or white with pink streaks.
I think they would be gorgeous (nothing lovelier than roses, imo) and rather unique.

There's a rose called Fire & Ice that looks incredible!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I love the hybrid roses that are a mix of colors: the white with red-tipped petals, or the yellow with red spots, or white with pink streaks.
I think they would be gorgeous (nothing lovelier than roses, imo) and rather unique.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...y4DSKJYtFQkhlw

this one?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
That looks like it might be the one.

Although I've seen some that show up better.
White roses outlined in red- gorgeous!

http://www.gardenguides.com/78077-me...ice-roses.html
Old 03-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I have to disagree with both of you. The British Royal family has always been famous in the US and around the world. Millions watched when she married Prince Charles because the heir to the throne was getting married...not because he was marrying Diana, the most famous woman on the planet. The world....and I might add, the GROOM barely knew her. It wasn't Diana that made the Royal family famous. The Royal family made HER famous when she married the heir to the throne.

William getting married IS a big deal because he IS 2nd in line to the throne. Not because he is Diana's son. Diana doesn't factor into any part of my interest in this wedding other than sadness for him that his mother isn't there to share this special time. I remember when William was born, and I have watched with interest as both of these boys have survived the loss and grown up to become exceptional men. I am thrilled to be able to witness William marry such a lovely young woman who doesn't have a title and who he obviously respects and adores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Charles was at one time the fairy tale Prince...and WHOMEVER he married was going to be big news. Thats why pretty much everyone woman he was linked too was stalked by the Press. It just so happened it was Diana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We also have to remember that Diana married into the BRF and not the other way around. When history is read 300 years from now, she will be but a blip on the page. 1981-1997. Her time in the BRF. What is the legacy is what remains to be seen as William gets older and brings the best of both his parents to the monarchy.
Yeah, what they said.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Nobility

Stag is staged this week-end for sure. Prince Harry will fly to Norway on Monday to join four badly injured Afghan war veterans who are attempting to walk to the North Pole.

The team left Gatwick for Oslo yesterday on the first stage of their journey to the top of the world. They aim to raise 2 million for the Walking With The Wounded charity. Prince Harry will be back 10 days later.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Serene Highness

Stag? I'm unsure what is meant by that term.

How is Prince Harry's walk with the veterans related to stag?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I was about to say fire and ice before I got to the bottom of your post. I usually am not a rose person, I am a cheap person to buy flowers for as I love tulips or daisies second, but fire and ice are so beautiful. I recieved a bouquet when I was in the hospital a few years ago. They would look stunning.

http://uniquecreationsbylisa.com/sho...dalbouquet.jpg
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post

Stag = young buck = young, single men. Meaning the stag/bachelor party. And I assume that the reason she thinks they're related is because by the time Harry returns from the North Pole, it will be too close to the wedding for a stag party to be held, with just three open weekends.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Stag is another term for bachelor party. Stag/stagette. They are traditionally closer to the wedding, but if one is busy, may be sooner. Of course Prince William is a busy man. Harry is his best man, and it is traditional for best man to throw the stag party, so it would be kind of hard if he was in Norway.

Kate is having her stagette. Pippa is throwing it. Turns out all the bars she booked, to throw the media off the track, none were it. Kate has decided to have a Dirty Dancing night at her family home. Movie and girl time. 10 girls including Holly Branson and Olivia Hunt were invited. I guess after all the criticism she got in earlier years for bars, she decided to be more low key on the lead up to her wedding.

British Royal Wedding Blogs - Yahoo! Shine

I wonder if Diana had one. She was meant to be living with the queen mother to protect her virtue and innocence, before the wedding. She was actually at BP, but it would ruin the virginal image, a wild party.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Stag = young buck = young, single men. Meaning the stag/bachelor party. And I assume that the reason she thinks they're related is because by the time Harry returns from the North Pole, it will be too close to the wedding for a stag party to be held, with just three open weekends.
That's why I'm confused. Is Harry to be at the stag party or is he going to be at the North Pole?

If he isn't going to be at the stag party, it isn't really a stag party in my view.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Courtier

Thank you dazzling I never knew 29th April was St Catherine's day, how wonderful
Old 03-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Majesty

So will Kate 'obey'? Royal bride may follow Diana's lead and drop the ancient vow | Mail Online

What exactly will Kate promise??
Old 03-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru
Stag is staged this week-end for sure.
How can you be "sure"? There is still a month and 3 days until the wedding.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
That's why I'm confused. Is Harry to be at the stag party or is he going to be at the North Pole?

If he isn't going to be at the stag party, it isn't really a stag party in my view.
How is it not a stag party if Harry is not there? Yes traditionally the best man would be there, but the only requirement of a stag party is the groom to be there.

And what don't you get? Harry is going to Norway on Monday. The stag party is this weekend. This weekend falls before Monday. Hence having the party this weekend, before he leaves.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Nobility

thank you melissaadrian. I thought my post was clear but it's evident it was not. In fact Harry is away for ten days and be back in england the 7th or 8th of April. So if we assume the stag party is held on a week-end there is left the one on 09-10 April, 16-17 April and 23-24 April. I supposed it's too late and very near from the wedding itself. So I believe the reports who suggest it's today.
Lumutqueen : why be so nasty in your answers to me? I make predictions as you seem to do it and you are often wrong in your beliefs. The stad party the week or two weeks before the wedding seems irrational and risky if it ever came to happen something untoward. Nobody takes the risk of a stag party so close to the ceremony.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding