Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB
What´s the name of the app?
I searched for hello and it came up hello royal wedding I think

Old 03-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

Here's the link

The fantastic new HELLO! royal wedding app for iPhones and iPads - hellomagazine.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-r...0506?mt=8&ls=1

Old 03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
It was the same carriage the Queen and the DoE rode in toward Westminster Abbey when she was coronated.

The Queen used the gold coach both coming and going from her coronation on the day she was crowned.

She didn't use the glass coach.

See here: On her way to the coronation Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

and here: On her way back.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

You can tell the difference by looking at the crowns she is wearing - one before and one after (with all the rest of the items she was given during the coronation e.g. the orb in her hand.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It'll be "Kate will stand on Diana's balcony at Buckingham Palace" next or "Kate snubs Diana by wearing totally different dress"! Maybe "Kate weds eldest son of Diana" would be a good one for after the wedding or "Queen wears better hat for Kate's wedding than the one she wore for Diana's".
I'm sure some trashy mag or paper will envisage what Diana would have worn had she still been alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The headlines I am waiting for are:

1) Camilla on balcony for Diana's son's wedding
2) Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride
I wish this didn't have to be all about Diana!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Commoner

I agree. This is about her SON not her. I am sure if she was still alive she would be trying to deflect the attention to THEM. Don't the papers (and media generally) have anything else to report? I want to know what the little girls will wear and what HM will wear and all the other details. I am sorry, Diana was great for her time, but she is GONE people! If this is Kate and William's thread, why does her name always always come up???? Sheesh.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammas26 View Post
I agree. This is about her SON not her. I am sure if she was still alive she would be trying to deflect the attention to THEM. Don't the papers (and media generally) have anything else to report? I want to know what the little girls will wear and what HM will wear and all the other details. I am sorry, Diana was great for her time, but she is GONE people! If this is Kate and William's thread, why does her name always always come up???? Sheesh.

It keeps coming up because the media knows that she still sells and comparing her to Kate is their current fascination.

The wedding is about Diana's son getting married - not William, or Charles' son and heir but Diana's son - to some people and many in the press.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Administrator

I find it ironic that we complain about Diana being the focus of this wedding and not William and Catherine and here we are bringing up Diana and making her the semi focus.

Honestly, I don't think a lot of people want to move pass Diana....as suggested Diana's name sells newspapers and/or magazine (or at least the press thinks it does), those who admired Diana keeping bringing her up because they fear she will be forgotten, and those who disliked her bring her up because they say she is the focus of the wedding when bringing her up makes her the focus.

I admired Diana but when I think about the wedding on April 29th --my only thought is that its sad she isn't physically here to see her son married (and I will think the same when Harry marries)---- other than that this wedding TO ME is about William and Catherine.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I searched for hello and it came up hello royal wedding I think
Thank you both
Old 03-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
It was the same carriage the Queen and the DoE rode in toward Westminster Abbey when she was coronated. I understand making things recognizable to the majority of people reading, and the majority of people reading won't remember that, but they will remember seeing Diana in it. That being said, it's not "her" carriage, and it's shoddy and irresponsible journalism to write it that way.
I agree, they're just trying to cause a stir. I really would be surprised if the media didn't write "Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride." We alll know the media loves to sensualize.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I agree, they're just trying to cause a stir. I really would be surprised if the media didn't write "Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride." We alll know the media loves to sensualize.
What the media should be reporting on is whether or not all these carriage rides are necessary. I get William and Kate, the Queen (she is the Queen) but Pippa and the rest I don't get it. Plus the children are so young they will need either a nanny to come with them or they could have some children with Pippa in one carriage and the rest with Harry in another. As for the parents of the bride and groom in a carriage too... It is the couple's big day not their big day. I thought this wedding was supposed to be low-key. I knew it wouldn't turn out that way.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The headlines I am waiting for are:

1) Camilla on balcony for Diana's son's wedding
2) Camilla takes Diana's place in carriage ride
I wouldn't be surprised, but I truly hope not. Diana is dead, let her rest in peace. Camilla makes Charles happy, that is what should matter here. That and the fact both Will and Harry have welcomed her into their family. If William has no problem with Camilla being there, who are the press or the people. She isn't taking Diana's place, she is there as the wife of their father, and as Will's stepmother.

I have to wonder, if Diana was alive, would Camilla have been in the procession? How would they handle a divorced couple?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
What the media should be reporting on is whether or not all these carriage rides are necessary. I get William and Kate, the Queen (she is the Queen) but Pippa and the rest I don't get it. Plus the children are so young they will need either a nanny to come with them or they could have some children with Pippa in one carriage and the rest with Harry in another. As for the parents of the bride and groom in a carriage too... It is the couple's big day not their big day. I thought this wedding was supposed to be low-key. I knew it wouldn't turn out that way.
It's the same as a normal wedding, I don't understand why you are making it out to be some huge spectacle. The wedding party usually travels too and from the church with the bride and groom. Now a days there are things like limo buses for them. It isn't like the entire royal family are doing it, or they bought new carriages to accomodate them all. Or that this is something crazy and unheard of, we see the carriages out for a number of events.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Administrator

If Diana was alive I imagine it would be like Diana and Sarah on their wedding days. The Queen rode with Earl Spencer and Prince Phillip rode with Frances Shand Kydd, at that time both Diana's parents were remarried. We never saw the Countess or Peter in the procession.

Nontheless Diana is deceased, so Camilla will ride with the Middletons.

In regads to the children in the procession...this is a show....low key is Kate arriving in a rolls and not the Glass carriage...for all of the royal weddings that I have watched...the parents (the Queen. DoE and the Spencer, Ferguson and Rhy Jones relatives have rode in the procession), as have the children. Its a nice treat for them. Does anyone remember (not to get too off topic) Charles riding with the kids at Edward's wedding...he looked like he was ready to get out of carriage pretty quick. Moreso an older gentleman who hasn't spent a lot of time with little kids in quite some time.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaadrian View Post
It's the same as a normal wedding, I don't understand why you are making it out to be some huge spectacle. The wedding party usually travels too and from the church with the bride and groom. Now a days there are things like limo buses for them. It isn't like the entire royal family are doing it, or they bought new carriages to accomodate them all. Or that this is something crazy and unheard of, we see the carriages out for a number of events.
I am not making it out to be a huge spectacle. I just think that is a long carriage ride. Its okay to have different opinions on the wedding. I was also pointing out that the media seems to lack objectivity when it comes to this wedding. They seem to thing everything is a great idea when maybe it isn't. Just an idea.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Administrator

The low key aspect again is how Kate and William are arriving at the Abbey. I believe both Diana/Sarah and Charles/Andrew arrived via carriage as well. And again both Diana and Sarah arrived via the glass carriage so this is a change. Also, the route has changed....its not as long as in the past.

Let's face it...some things are not going to be cut. I also don't think you will have all the horses and British service men/women doing the usual parade stuff that the British do so well!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
If Diana was alive I imagine it would be like Diana and Sarah on their wedding days. The Queen rode with Earl Spencer and Prince Phillip rode with Frances Shand Kydd, at that time both Diana's parents were remarried. We never saw the Countess or Peter in the procession.

Nontheless Diana is deceased, so Camilla will ride with the Middletons.

In regads to the children in the procession...this is a show....low key is Kate arriving in a rolls and not the Glass carriage...for all of the royal weddings that I have watched...the parents (the Queen. DoE and the Spencer, Ferguson and Rhy Jones relatives have rode in the procession), as have the children. Its a nice treat for them. Does anyone remember (not to get too off topic) Charles riding with the kids at Edward's wedding...he looked like he was ready to get out of carriage pretty quick. Moreso an older gentleman who hasn't spent a lot of time with little kids in quite some time.
Yes I can remember Charles, he looked ready to jump out and run for the hills, if that was not too undignified. I was only a few months old when Diana and Charles wed, and pretty young for Andrew and Fergie. I was really excited when Edward and Sophie got married, I got to watch my first royal wedding live, when I was old enough to really understand. I feel a special connect to those two also because I was living in the UK when Louise was born, and I can remember all of that.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

I am personally much looking forward to the carriage ride because it'll be nice to see everyone..... If there was no carriage ride many would be complaining not enough glamour/royal ....people want to see the bride and groom yes but also the royals! (or at least some people do).
Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Oh please! It was never "Diana's" coach. These news headlines are ridiculous.
Yes they are ridiculous and annoying! My personal feeling is that this is the only reason that Catherine will be driving to the Abbey in a (ohmygosh, gasp)car!

But all is not lost ladies and gentlemen. The big winner is US! as the vehicle chosen is . . . . . ta da!!!!!!
Quote:
In a surprise move, Clarence House also announced that the vehicle in which Miss Middleton will be driven to the Abbey will be the same Rolls-Royce that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were using when they were attacked by student protestors last year.
The vehicle, which has not been used since rioters smashed one of its windows and threw paint on it, is being repaired specially for Miss Middleton’s final journey as a spinster
Don't you just love that word "Spinster", (of this Parish I presume)?

But back to my point. This car is magic. Just check out the photo's, e.g. Prince Charles's car attacked during student protest - The Globe and Mail#

hhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337088/ROYAL-CAR-ATTACK-Mob-attacking-Charles-Camillas-car-lucky-shot.htmlttp://

Try to ignore the situation and note just how much can be seen inside the vehicle. Picture the Bride and her Father in it. We will get a birds eye view of it all. The tiara/hair, the veil, the jewellery, "The Dress". Why oh why is there not a drooling smile?

As an aside, Prince William will be driven to the Abbey in a separate state car. Presumably Harry will accompany him
Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Don't you just love that word "Spinster", (of this Parish I presume)?:
Ew! I can't believe they used this word ....it's so insulting oh man! Rude! They could have said single....
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Well, don't they sign Spinster on the marriage certificate. I believe that is what is said for the Queen, Diana, etc. Is it also listed in the column titled occupation? Can you imagine Spinster I remember reading that in a book on Charles and Diana's royal wedding...thinking...gosh...a spinster at the ripe old age of 20?!

Do they still do that in the UK?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding