Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there's a backup plan somewhere just in case it really starts pouring. Does the landau they are using have a folding top? I am assuming it is not convertible but does someone know? Maybe someone can bring them a couple of big umbrellas in that case. :p

A landau has a folding top by definition, so it would be possible. However, I don't think it would have many windows on the side, so it would be very hard to see inside if they put the top up.

ETA: There's a picture of the landau with the top up here.

Royal wedding: Prince William and Kate Middleton will risk getting soaked so crowds can see them in open carriage - Telegraph

Prince William and Kate Middleton will risk getting soaked in an open carriage in order to give hundreds of thousands of wellwishers a chance to see them in their wedding outfits, courtiers have disclosed.

I hope in that case, it's not a steady downpour, otherwise they're going to look like drowned rats by the time they get to BP. Although didn't we hear that the Glass Coach (or a Glass Coach) would be available for them in the event of rain? I would imagine you'd be able to see the two of them well enough in that if it was raining that hard.

I've never smoked in my life but I feel like between now and the next 12 hours I'll be tempted to pick up a cigarette and smoke. I cannot believe how nervous I am and I'm not even the BRIDE! I can't imagine how Wills and Kate must feel.

I think everyone is a bit nervous. I mean, we've only been waiting for this for 5 or 6 years now, at least since these two were seriously linked to one another. What's another 12 hours? :lol:

:previous:Honestly SM, I just found out Kate existed about a year ago..but I do wish I was in on this a long time ago:)

I think everyone is a bit nervous. I mean, we've only been waiting for this for 5 or 6 years now, at least since these two were seriously linked to one another. What's another 12 hours? :lol:

Well I had hoped to get heavy coverage of the lead up to the wedding today from the networks over in London, however I had a lot going on and with what I did catch, there was only coverage of the devistation in Alabama from the monster tornados, which is as it should be.

I am so excited I can't wait!

The wedding isn't for another 11 hours. I would guess that crowds would start showing up early in the morning.

Some of the press are saying Americans are the ones who are really hyping this up. They say the Brits are low key and it's the foreigners that's making this wedding a big deal. I don't know about that.

I heard Kate will not be say "I obey" in the wedding vows. Does anyone know if that's true?

The wedding isn't for another 11 hours. I would guess that crowds would start showing up early in the morning.

An update - many people [with Sleeping bags and supplies] are now in The Mall, camping overnight. Sadly it is a bit cold.

Newspapers have been carrying stories today that Catherine and William want those spectators present in The Mall to consider themselves guests, and to dress up in wedding attire. To contribute to the festive atmosphere, Wedding Cake and Champagne is being distributed at various points. [Actually it is being sold, I am afraid.....:)]

Alex

Some of the press are saying Americans are the ones who are really hyping this up. They say the Brits are low key and it's the foreigners that's making this wedding a big deal. I don't know about that.

I heard Kate will not be say "I obey" in the wedding vows. Does anyone know if that's true?
She won't say I obey it's been confirmed via the official program on the official website.

As a little look back, here is the processional from Andrew and Sarah's wedding in 1986, with a 4-year old Prince William looking none too pleased to be holding a girl's hand while walking up the aisle. He'll have a better attitude tomorrow! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugk32fLCCBY

Sounds like that is just some "sour grape" talk. All my contacts in the UK suggest that there is a high level of general excitement, especially the last few days. There are 5,500 registered street parties and thousands of people are having "in home" events. I read that 25 million cocktail sausages have been sold in the past few days by Tesco alone.

So, I don't think it is the Americans that are hyping it up. But America is very interested and there will be millions watching.

ghost_night554 said:
She won't say I obey it's been confirmed via the official program on the official website.

Is there a good reason for why she didn't want to say it?

I don't think she really needs a reason. It's one of the official versions of the marriage service from the Church of England, and dropping "obey" isn't exactly a new thing (I'm pretty sure Diana didn't say it).

Is there a good reason for why she didn't want to say it?

Probably because IMHO, it's patriarchal and outmoded. She also is not going to vow to "serve" him either. In the 21st century, it sounds wrong for a woman to vow obedience and servitude to their husband. Diana didn't say "obey" either.

I must saw I greatly look forward to joining all TRF members tomorrow for our big day! Oops did I say our, I mean Kate and Wills ;).....

Probably because IMHO, it's patriarchal and outmoded. She also is not going to vow to "serve" him either. In the 21st century, it sounds wrong for a woman to vow obedience and servitude to their husband. Diana didn't say "obey" either.

And I'll bet Prince William won't let Catherine even promise that. I know I sure wouldn't let my bride promise that to me.

It was very nice for Prince William, Prince Harry and Kate to go amongst the crowds last night (British time).

I must say I am also looking forward to HRH Princess William's first public (I believe) curtesy to Her Majesty! I guess bc in my mind it'll really bring it home for me....

I'm so sad I had a non refundable trip tomorrow so I will only be getting up at 5 and then staying on here till 6:15ish maybe a bit later! :(

So, I'm reading that one of the hymns at the service is one from Diana's funeral. Is it the Love Divine, All Love Excelling hymn? It's a lovely song, but I'm afraid I do not remember which hymns were at Diana's funeral (and it's some newspaper that is reporting some hymn from the Royal Program is from Diana's funeral).

This would be in keeping with the etiquette discussed here yesterday on how to incorporate a parent who has died.

Thank you, WBenson.

One of my other, earlier questions has now been answered by the Official Programme. Instead of the father of the grooming riding with the mother of the bride (etc.), all four parents are riding together in one semi-state landau. Nice way to work it out.

Hello! Ok so the day is finally here! I've spend only 5 hours away from the computer but it feels that to weeks have gone by. I'm too excited to go to sleep :D :D!!

Per CNN we will not see William or Kate sign the official wedding certificate. It'll be sign in Edward the Confessor's shrine (? Is that what's called?)

Per CNN we will not see William or Kate sign the official wedding certificate. It'll be sign in Edward the Confessor's shrine (? Is that what's called?)

I believe so, or something similar. We've never seen the signing of the register for any royal wedding that's been televised.

But isn't that th standard? I remember at Charles and Diana's wedding that was not shown either

I am going to bed shortly. The alarm is set for me to get up at o' dark thirty. :lol:Coffee is ready to go, I will have my trusty pillow, and my ratty sweats. I might swill a beer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom