Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her father is there, but not her mother.

I am surprised by the choice of wedding date, not by the location unfortunately.

The reports in America say the couple wanted a Spring wedding and pick the feast day of Saint Catherine who Ms. Middleton is named for.

I would like to know if other Christian denominations honor the Saints like Catholics do?:flowers:

Just heard on a British TV channel that the wedding of Prince William and Ms.
Middleton will take place on 29th April 2011.

The reports in America say the couple wanted a Spring wedding and pick the feast day of Saint Catherine who Ms. Middleton is named for.

I would like to know if other Christian denominations honor the Saints like Catholics do?:flowers:

I don't think this is honouring Saint Catherine. I think this just happens to coincide with the choice of date.
I doubt very much they looked up Saint Catherine and purposely picked this date.

Where does it say she is named after St Catherine?

You know 29th April also happends to be the same date as Adolf Hitler's macabre marriage to Eva Braun as the Third Reich collapsed?

I like gown #4 by Ben de Lisi.

That is my preference, too. Or gown #1. Either of them would look stunning on her. Her very narrow hips give her the ability to wear those fuller skirt styles, whereas a narrow, sheath-like style would accentuate that feature.

BTW, that site has some lovely photos of Kate I don't remember having seen before. A number of them show her beautiful smile. I wonder how many other happy, smiling photos of her the media has that they never showed because it didn't fit the story they wanted to tell.

Last edited:
Those people are not Catherine's parents. Love her white coat.:flowers:

Exactly, neither of her parents were there.
As for guests, naturally heads of state will be invited. They always are.
April 29th was also the date of Jon Bon Jovi's successful marriage.

Last edited:
I don't think this is honouring Saint Catherine. I think this just happens to coincide with the choice of date.
I doubt very much they looked up Saint Catherine and purposely picked this date.

Even if it is a total coincidence, it is a rather charming one.

Reading about the Feast of St. Catherine, it seems that she is the patron of unmarried women, students, philosophers, craftsmen who use wheels (e.g., potters), lacemakers, and milliners.

Without reading too much into this, it is amusing to see that this young couple, who met as students and who will have lots of pottery, lace and hats created for their big day (!!), have chosen this particular day to celebrate their wedding.

Last edited:
^I've never ever heard that before, and I doubt its true. Its just too complicated for them to pick a date that matches dates with leaders of the world, and then on top of it make sure ti matched with the birth date of someone Kate was supposedly named after. Its just a major coincidence.

The Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox Church both venerate saints. As do Episcopalians and Presbyterians.

I wouldn't take much the US press has to say about Kate or her upcoming nuptials rather seriously. Seeing as she's not Catholic, I would doubt she was named specifically for a Catholic saint. Most of the time, when a child is named after a saint, they are named after the saint whose feast day is their birthday. Kate's birthday isn't April 29th.

BTW, April 29th is the saint day for Catherine of Siena in the Episcopalian church, in case anyone was interested.

Kate Middleton at Westminster Abbey - Pictures - Zimbio

is she really with her parents? i don't think that lady is her mother, is it?

No, she isn't with her parents.

"Sir Stephen Lamport, who is now Receiver General of the Abbey and responsible for organising major events there, was at Kate’s side.

He was private secretary and treasurer to Prince Charles until 2002. Kate was also accompanied by William’s private secretary Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton and his personal secretary Helen Asprey.

It is also the first time she had been seen with her personal protection officers – part of the security detail now assigned to her as the fiancée of a member of the Royal Family."

from this article (among others): Here comes the bride: Picture that shows Kate Middleton has chosen Westminster Abbey - Prince William - Zimbio

I have a question have they ever not done an official photoshoot following the engagement I know it's not supposed to be done for a few more weeks but has any royal ever skipped it? I'm just worried they may not do it and I'm so looking forward to some professional and official photos of the couple.

April 29, 2011...Plenty of time for the Danish twins christening (March?) and hopefully the Danish Crown Prince Couple can attend (Well, I only care about Mary ;) )...Yay!

April 29, 2011...Plenty of time for the Danish twins christening (March?) and hopefully the Danish Crown Prince Couple can attend (Well, I only care about Mary ;) )...Yay!

That is assuming that they even get invited. They probably will but we don't know.

More stories coming out now:

How peopel will celebrate and the fact that two long weekends in a row will be many people take extra days off making it an 11 day celebration

Prince William and Kate Middleton 'People's' wedding: Millions to celebrate with street parties, pop concert and a holiday that could last 11 days | Mail Online

Kate's parents to help pay some of the costs but most to be paid for by the Queen and Charles (at least they are good for something it seems)

Kate's parents to help foot the bill: They could buy the dress or cake, but Queen and Charles will pay most | Mail Online

No doubt more to follow

The security for the day will be over 12.5 million pounds

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton-Prince William wedding: £12.5m police bill for big day

How Kate is impacting on fashion

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William-Kate Middleton wedding: The biggest fashion parade of the decade

Speculation about where the honeymoon will be in Kenya

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William-Kate Middleton wedding: Kenya for the happy couple?-

I wonder if we'll get to see the reception and their first dance like Victoria & Daniel?

I wonder if we'll get to see the reception and their first dance like Victoria & Daniel?

Traditionally we haven't seen anything from inside the palace with British Royal Weddings. They show the carriages arriving at the entrance to the palace and an hour or so later show them on the balcony and the next day release the formal staged photos. After the wedding breakfast they sometimes show the couple leaving for their honeymoon.

I think that is nicer and allows the couple some private celebration with close family and friends on their day whereas the public reception means that couple can't ever relax as they are on show all day.

I remember with Diana and Charles wedding people were finding it strange just how few people actually attended the wedding breakfast and some of them were people who didn't go to St Paul's while the vast majority of the people in the church didn't go to the breakfast. Diana, for instance, entered St Pauls at 11.20 a.m. and the balcony appearance was at 1.30. The wedding breakfast, for 120 guests, followed. More a lunch than anything else.

I am not even sure if they have a dance together as I have never seen any reference to one with a British royal wedding - probably because their weddings tend to be late morning, early afternoon weddings rather than night weddings.

Thanks for that explanation Iluvbertie, I never fully understood why they didn't show the first dance but you've got a point and I agree some private time with close friends and family is always nice. :flowers: I suppose then the only BRF wedding we saw pics from the reception was Autumn and Peter. But obviously that was due to the deal with Hello magazine and due to the fact it was a proper reception and not a "breakfast" or "lunch" as usually done.

Last edited:
Traditionally we haven't seen anything from inside the palace with British Royal Weddings. They show the carriages arriving at the entrance to the palace and an hour or so later show them on the balcony and the next day release the formal staged photos. After the wedding breakfast they sometimes show the couple leaving for their honeymoon.

I think that is nicer and allows the couple some private celebration with close family and friends on their day whereas the public reception means that couple can't ever relax as they are on show all day.

I remember with Diana and Charles wedding people were finding it strange just how few people actually attended the wedding breakfast and some of them were people who didn't go to St Paul's while the vast majority of the people in the church didn't go to the breakfast. Diana, for instance, entered St Pauls at 11.20 a.m. and the balcony appearance was at 1.30. The wedding breakfast, for 120 guests, followed. More a lunch than anything else.

I am not even sure if they have a dance together as I have never seen any reference to one with a British royal wedding - probably because their weddings tend to be late morning, early afternoon weddings rather than night weddings.

Interesting! Thank you for the explanation! :flowers:

Buti donÄt think youi can't invite all people who attend the Service in Church to the Wedding breakfast. At Charles and Diana's Wedding i read there where around 3000 guests at St. Paulls. I can ubnderstand that the want no coverage from the Wedding breakfast. But they could at last release the speeches and the courses of the Dinner and a number of photos.

^I agree I always wanted some pictures from the "wedding breakfast" I wonder if they even exist..like did Diana and Charles even take any for themselves...idk if they would have kept any photos from their wedding at their houses after their divorce...

Buti donÄt think youi can't invite all people who attend the Service in Church to the Wedding breakfast. At Charles and Diana's Wedding i read there where around 3000 guests at St. Paulls. I can ubnderstand that the want no coverage from the Wedding breakfast. But they could at last release the speeches and the courses of the Dinner and a number of photos.

I do think that they are entitled to some private time. They will release the formal photos and that should be enough for people in my opinion. The continual demand for photos of them doing ordinary things is what encourages the paparazzi and the problems they create. If people were only satisfied with the official photos then the royals wouldn't have to threaten legal suits to stop photos being taken.

Speaking of official photos do the British royals typically do an official pre-wedding photoshoot kinda like Daniel and Victoria did? I just find it weird honestly that all the other european royals have either shown it on tv or released a photo or two later on from the reception.(ex: cutting the cake)

Speaking of official photos do the British royals typically do an official pre-wedding photoshoot kinda like Daniel and Victoria did? I just find it weird honestly that all the other european royals have either shown it on tv or released a photo or two later on from the reception.(ex: cutting the cake)

All I can remember seeing are the formal group photos and the ones with the parents and just the couple being released. I have no memory of anything else - nothing from the reception. For the first time, at Charles and Camilla's wedding some people gave some comments from the Queen's speech but that isn't usual.

All I can remember seeing are the formal group photos and the ones with the parents and just the couple being released. I have no memory of anything else - nothing from the reception. For the first time, at Charles and Camilla's wedding some people gave some comments from the Queen's speech but that isn't usual.
Hm interesting. For Victoria and Daniel they showed the full reception so that includes speeches, cutting of the cake and first dance and then they cut off.I'm pretty sure that's how most european royals do it. I don't think Grace Kelly's reception was shown(I'm probably wrong if so please correct me) but I know for a fact photos were released. As for the official photos I meant the photoshoot usually done prior to the wedding. The ones Victoria and Daniel did were used for the official souvenirs and Charles and Diana's photoshoot was the famous photos of both of them in blue shirts and Charles had his arms around Diana. I hope William and Kate do this I hope it's not something they choose to omit though I dunno whether or not they have a choice in doing that photoshoot.

eta: for clarification these are the photoshoots
Victoria and Daniel http://johanhammerby.blogg.se/images/2010/brudparet_94376103.jpg
Charles and Diana http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...72033541_100001142762121_235749_1951918_n.jpg

Also do not in any way mean to be a party pooper but is anyone else but me scared... you know for the future?....I guess since the BRF don't have the greatest track records in marriages I really hope all goes well this time for Wills and Kate since I'm rooting them on always have been!

Last edited:
Hm interesting. For Victoria and Daniel they showed the full reception so that includes speeches, cutting of the cake and first dance and then they cut off.I'm pretty sure that's how most european royals do it. I don't think Grace Kelly's reception was shown(I'm probably wrong if so please correct me) but I know for a fact photos were released.
At Vicotira and Daniel's Wedding the most of the recption was shown. At the Wedding of Philippe and Mathilde, Haakon and Mette-Marit and Felipe and Letizia at last the speeches where shown. But the dutch's are the strictest. There it ended after the balcony appearance. Only one photo from the reception was released but neither the speeches and the course of the Dinner. But i except it the same for William and Kate as the Windsors have always done so in the past and the same was done for the 60th birthday of Prince Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom