The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

I am interested in design, so of course I want to know who the designer is. The dress for Sarah Buys really helps me understand Burton in a different way (thank you melissaadrian, for posting that (although I do think Sarah's foundation garments could have been a bit different; not fond of how her derriere looks in that particular dress - but the dress itself is wonderful).

Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

Umm please tell me Kanye West isn't actually invited? I always took that to just be rumour/a joke. Sorry if anyone here is a fan but I really can't stand him, he just seems so egotistical & self-promoting, he has quite often made big events about himself.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

I can't imagine them inviting him to their wedding as he might try to steal the spotlight away from them by doing or saying something outrageous. If they did invite him, I hope for their sake, this doesn't happen.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope he isn't.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Umm please tell me Kanye West isn't actually invited? I always took that to just be rumour/a joke. Sorry if anyone here is a fan but I really can't stand him, he just seems so egotistical & self-promoting, he has quite often made big events about himself.
well, as long as he doesn't grab the microphone during the ceremony and go on about Beyonce's single ladies video being the best video of all time.... then I think he'll be fine
Old 03-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be a nightmare for the designer if he/she was known before the wedding. It would be hard for them and for the people who work for them because there'd be so much media interest. I'm willing to wait for the wedding to know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Frankly, I don't want to know who is designing her dress. I'm too interested in this wedding as it is...
Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
But that hasn't been the case in the past- both with Diana & Sarah's dresses we knew the designers.
Exactly!!! Diana's designer was stalked, it became dangerous. People became fanatics about tyring to get a look at the gown.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE=PrincessKaimi;1214808]I am interested in design, so of course I want to know who the designer is. The dress for Sarah Buys really helps me understand Burton in a different way (thank you melissaadrian, for posting that (although I do think Sarah's foundation garments could have been a bit different; not fond of how her derriere looks in that particular dress - but the dress itself is wonderful).

Actually the photo is not Sarah Buy's, but another dress for a British tv celeb of some kind. Yeah the but isn't too good, but the train is beautiful, and would look amazing going down Westminster abbey's aisle.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Once again discussion about the Obamas and the lack of wedding invitation have been deleted.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Jay Godfrey's dress is divine. I think Kate would look stunning in it. If a short shrug or bolero was made to go with it for inside the church during the ceremony, that would take it up to that next level.

Other designs I really liked were Tissh by Gloria Lee and Stema by Stefani Mas. I especially love the fact that Stefani Mas' design looks like vintage Dior. If it lost the poof at the shoulder and some of the volume in the skirt, but kept the overall concept, I think it would be perfect.
I'm sorry but.....huh?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the tip about paging, Sister Morphine.

As to the designer: if the name is not released ahead of the wedding, a certain part of the worldwide market share will be lost; people's attention to this entire affair will wane (in America, anyway - and we do still have a few dollars to spend) and the name of the designer will not have been repeated enough times to get it into our American skulls.

At this point in time (6-7 weeks out from the Big Event), the number of names that have been thrown around is too large for anyone to focus (at all) on any one name unless they are actually obsessed with the issue.

So, the designer (whoever he or she may be) might be more "focused" on the task, and will certainly attract a high end clientele afterwards; but overall marketing impact is limited by the secrecy.

I'm curious to see what happens (the business journals will have an analysis) after the wedding. It's an interesting strategy (if it is a strategy - it may be heartfelt or spontaneous; it's hard to say).
Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Courtier

I would bet that within 24 hours or less of the wedding dress being seen there will copies for order and for out for sale within a very short time. It is amazing what some of the manufacturers can do just by seeing a dress on television. Of course they will be much lower cost but that would be more suitable world wide anyway. I would doubt that any high end company would dare to try a true knock off.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

check this out! Finally, the DM has an interesting article on what the Bride's dress will look like - it will be knitted!
Seriously, this is one funny, and clever, piece of handwork.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
No offense to Canadian designers, but what are they thinking? This is a Royal wedding. Not a runway show or the Oscars.
Not a far cry from Sarah Burton.....
Sarah Burton is "grand guignol" if she is the one and this is just their Canadian version which they have submitted knowing they will not do the dress.They should not have submitted anything but boycotted this wedding altogether. I hardly understand that Canadian designers cannot differentiate between the Oscars and a runway show.It would appear Kate can no wrong and that no one can do justice to her except Kate herself. Well lets see
Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
They should not have submitted anything but boycotted this wedding altogether.
Oh yes, boycott anything to do with the wedding, even a little harmless fun is just entirely wasted on this lady. I mean, who does she think she is? A prospective princess, a future Queen?

How "dare" she make her own decisions and wear a dress that suits her taste. What a diva!

And to maintain any sense of privacy amongst the media and public interest is just so "selfish".

Whenever will Catherine "learn" that she has no right to withhold information concerning her life from people on internet forums.

Some women!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

So Madame Royale...Just where do I send the bill if my computer screen has any damage to it due to me spewing Chai Tea out at speed at it?

ROTFLOL and nicely done!!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

White gowns at McQueen feed Middleton dress rumors

...any evidence that would confirm rumors the label's new creative director, Sarah Burton, has been chosen to design the wedding dress in which Prince William's fiancee Kate Middleton will transform from commoner into royalty...

Full article
Old 03-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Nobility

According to royalcourt.se Victoria and Daniel will represent Sweden
Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Good!

Respect Carl XVI Gustaf. Respect!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor