Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wedding starts like 3am my time so I'm thinking about just staying up, but I'm going to be so tired the next day!

The question is should I watch it online or on tv? Or both?

Just to nit-pick a bit, don't you mean that Catherine's coat-of-arm will include Prince William's coat-of-arm, rather than the other way around? That is, Prince William's coat-of-arm will be left alone, and Catherine would get her own coat-of-arm which merge both Middleton family AND Prince William's coat-of-arm.

Right now it's just the Middelton family that has a new coat-of-arm, that can be used by anyone in the family....but once Catherine marry Prince William, she'd probably get her own coat-of-arm with both families in it.

That's what I said. Her coat of arms will include both hers and William's.

The wedding starts like 3am my time so I'm thinking about just staying up, but I'm going to be so tired the next day!

Both! Or, record the TV version and watch online. :)

All I know is that I'm going to be a zombie from lack of sleep after this. But how often does such an occasion come around? The last time was for Diana's funeral, and that was so sad. :alien:

I'm doing that too! I'm doing an all nighter with mom. Boy am I going to regret it by 9am :lol:

I'm doing that too! I'm doing an all nighter with mom. Boy am I going to regret it by 9am :lol:

Why stay up all night into the next day? I am planning a royal wedding sleepover, but we are all planning on crashing at 10-11:00 at night so we can get up at 4:00a.m. brunch will be served after the wedding.............

Am I the only one who still can't believe this wedding is happening? I mean, how many years have we spent here speculating about whether they'll get engaged, if they're still dating.....all that jazz?

Am I the only one who still can't believe this wedding is happening? I mean, how many years have we spent here speculating about whether they'll get engaged, if they're still dating.....all that jazz?
Unfortunately,I've joined this community recently,but I've always been pretty sure they would marry one day,I mean in the depth of my mind it was this thought .
Though,must agree,feeling like it's unbelievable,it will be one of the greatest wedding of the new century.

Heere at home every eletronic gadget will be used only if wedding related :p. Since my mother doesn't speak english she will probably wanna watch it in a Brazilian channel, so I'll catch CNN or BBC via streaming.

Definetly not! count me in as well
I have follow the BRF for a long time (way before I first came here) but their wedding really made me crave for informations and talks among other afficionatos, like me.
Everytime I go to People magazine' site and I see their coundtdown I keep remebering the time I though it would never happen! All those wedding annoucement that never came to be. And now to actually have a date set and a not far away one.... :) !

ps: I've to admit something. Yesterday I went out on the way back home saw a store selling The Ring. YesI did it, coudn't resist! :lol: Don't think will wear it much , but it was cheap, so.....

Last edited:

It's going to be good to have both options! 15 minutes before the wedding of the Earl and Countess of Wessex began, my cable went out. Luckily, I managed to get reception as Sophie was walking down the aisle, but the picture was rather fuzzy.

And barring any technical glitches, the final launch of Space Shuttle Endeavour will be on the afternoon of the 29th. Looks like I'm getting up at 2 AM local time to watch the start of wedding coverage and then staying up in the afternoon to watch the shuttle launch attempt. I'll be on spring break, thank goodness, but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in time for a nap!

There's an article in the Telegraph about hat designer Philip Treacy that says:

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a fabulous feathered headpiece designed by Treacy on her wedding day to Prince Charles. So it was natural that she should have recommended the milliner to Kate Middleton , who is said to have commissioned him to make hats for the bridal party. Treacy has a shop in Belgravia but it would be impossible to do fittings with the likes of the Duchess of Cornwall there - in the centre of London he'd never be able to keep the creations under his, er, hat - so the great and the good have been flocking to his studio since receiving their gold-embossed invites to the wedding.

The bridal party will wear hats?
I thought they'd wear flowers, or perhaps ribbons in their hair; I really cannot imagine them in hats!

What does everyone else think?

I think everyone needs to calm down! LOL A "hat" is not necessarily a "hat." Think of it as anything that sits on the head. It can be made of flowers, gold, silver, ermine, string....you get my drift?

I have been to weddings where the brides attendants wore hats.

I can't imagine how nervous Kate will be that morning. I think I would throw up about 10x knowing I was going to be married in front of millions of people. :eek:

I hope it's a comfort to them both to know that everyone watching wants them to pull it off well and that we are only going to be thinking how lovely the bride is, how princely the groom is, and how we enjoy all the celebration!

So, so funny! Best thing i've seen for ages; i wouldn't mind betting the Royals involved have a laugh too.

There's no need to be despondent over something that isn't even fact. No one is going to know squat about this dress until the first time we see it, and/or information about the dress is given out before the wedding. I take everything I read in the press about this wedding with a grain of salt, and you'd be wise to do the same.

Well, it is unwise to just add a train of any length to any design. The train has to suit and integrate with the gown's design and should take into consideration where the wedding will be held. I do hope Kate listens to her designer and doesn't show up in a close fitting, fish-tail design with a 20 ft. train.

Guess it's official we'll have to deal with just papz shots for the evening dinner dance:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer @

@dagmarhans No media facilities will be offered for the evening dinner. So it will be shots of people whizzing by in cars, I guess.

10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Why stay up all night into the next day? I am planning a royal wedding sleepover, but we are all planning on crashing at 10-11:00 at night so we can get up at 4:00a.m. brunch will be served after the wedding.............

See I considered that at first but problem is I think I'll be too jittery to sleep it happened with Daniel and Victoria I remember and I barely even followed them prior to the wedding!

Guess it's official we'll have to deal with just papz shots for the evening dinner dance:

And let's hope they don't crash the party or anything like that. The new couple and their families and friends deserve some private time to celebrate without worrying about papz. :flowers:

its been a while since i saw a morning royal wedding with hats and such, victoria's was with gowns and tiaras.
i wonder if QRania will break the protocol again like she did with Felipe and Letizia's wedding and wear a long skirt again and no hat or things on your head. i really hope she does again!

kathia_sophia said:
its been a while since i saw a morning royal wedding with hats and such, victoria's was with gowns and tiaras.
i wonder if QRania will break the protocol again like she did with Felipe and Letizia's wedding and wear a long skirt again and no hat or things on your head. i really hope she does again!

Oh I didn't realize she was invited and coming!!!! Yeah love her!

Sister Morphine said:
That's what I said. Her coat of arms will include both hers and William's.

Will William use the merged one or will only Kate? Also once she's married Kate can no longer use the Middleton one, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Will William use the merged one or will only Kate? Also once she's married Kate can no longer use the Middleton one, correct?

William's coat of arms will remain the same. Catherine's coat of arms will have the Middleton arms impaled onto William's so hers would be a combination of both. Once she's married, she'll be using the combination of hers and William's, and the Middleton arms will be used by James and Pippa until she's married, as the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman.

Sister Morphine said:
William's coat of arms will remain the same. Catherine's coat of arms will have the Middleton arms impaled onto William's so hers would be a combination of both. Once she's married, she'll be using the combination of hers and William's, and the Middleton arms will be used by James and Pippa until she's married, as the ribbon denotes an unmarried woman.

Is that why Kate had to have one because as a Royal she can't just use Williams?
It's weird because I feel like it's saying Kate's part of his family but he's not part of Kates- but I guess that is just how it's done....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom