Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to Fergie my guess is that William will ask his uncle if its ok to invite her OR if he will bring her.

Ask his uncle? I would think he'd ask his Father or actually his Grandmother. I do remember she was at Diana's funeral.

I think he would ask his fiancee. It's there wedding, no one elses. Might be a public wedding, but if William wants her there, then she will be there.

I'm sure if Sarah is someone that William has a warm and close relationship with then she will be there. If she's not, then I can't see why she would be. I certainly wouldn't invite my uncles ex-wife to my wedding unless I had some sort of relationship of my own with her.

Ask his uncle? I would think he'd ask his Father or actually his Grandmother. I do remember she was at Diana's funeral.

Well, she was married to Andrew, so i figured that he would be the best one to ask

Can I just say how wonderful it is that we can finally start musing about a wedding between these two people? I never thought they wouldn't get married, I just wasn't expecting it to happen in 2011. It's almost surreal in a way. We had thread after thread after thread with nothing but endless and at times, monotonous speculation about when or where they'd get married, and now it's actually happening.

Fancy that.

I totally agree, it's actually going to happen. Where Britain is concerned, there won't ever be such an important wedding again.

Well, she was married to Andrew, so i figured that he would be the best one to ask

But he divorced her.
Like I said William and Kate should decide whether she will be coming or not.

Where Britain is concerned, there won't ever be such an important wedding again.

Can we tell the future now? ;)

But he divorced her.
Like I said William and Kate should decide whether she will be coming or not.

Can we tell the future now? ;)

I meant that as in importance to the throne. Apart from Charles, who is as close to the throne? I say William.
Harry is important as well but he is younger, that's my reasoning ;).

Where Britain is concerned, there won't ever be such an important wedding again.

Lol. Ever again?

I think as long as the monarchy lasts, there will be weddings of future kings and queens. But I agree, William and Catherine's will be probably be one of the most significant weddings probably until their own children marry.

I meant that as in importance to the throne. Apart from Charles, who is as close to the throne? I say William.
Harry is important as well but he is younger, that's my reasoning ;).

This is indeed the marriage of an heir.... but the funny thing is that this all repeats itself. 30 years ago we saw the engagement of an heir (after much waiting) and a wedding that was deemed "wedding of the century". Now we see the wedding of an heir (after much waiting!) and another big event. 30 years from now, we're likely to be having the same conversation.

I think this wedding is important- not because of it's great importance to the throne because of how it is departing from tradition. Looking back at Charles and Diana's wedding, many would argue that theirs was the last of the "marrying for title and duty" weddings of heirs to European thrones, as the other Crown Princes and Princess in Europe have since married for love.

When we look back at this wedding, I think we will see a further break from tradition- a couple who did things THEIR way and started creating a new, more modern monarchy.

Last edited:
I guess my statement doesn't go down very well because I stated it as a fact, which of course it is not.
Let me say that, to me, there will never be such an important wedding anymore. I realise I also say that because I have a soft spot for the British Monarchy.

I also realise that when William is King and his own (eldest) child heir to the throne, the situation will be like this one again. But that will be for a next generation to see - every generation has its own (important) weddings.

No harm intended :flowers:.

Last edited:
Does anyone think they may announce a venue and date on Monday? I am hoping they do so we can get that out of the way and look forward to the big day. I am really hoping it it's a Spring wedding so we don't have to wait too long.

I sure hope so! Gosh there certainly was a point for me where I just stopped and said "could I be wrong, what if they don't get married"? Thank god this day finally came and we're actually finally discussing all the details, it's all just so exciting for me!

:previous:I cannot wait to hear when they set the date!

Tuesday morning, I woke up, checked my iPhone, and started cheering when I saw the breaking news alert about the engagement.

Every day since then, I grab my iPhone first thing when I wake up and check to see if they've set a date yet! I've even had weird dreams about Buckingham Palace calling me in to work on wedding details. :bounce::ROFLMAO:

Whether or Sarah does or does not attend the wedding, would be based on any relationship she has with William. She didn't attend Peter's wedding. Also, I am not sure if the BRF would want her presence to overshadow that of the bride and groom.

Furthermore, just because people are divorced it doesnt mean that all bonds are broken. As my uncle said...your mother divorced your Dad...we didn't. And he was certainly invited to my cousins wedding. Of course, my Mom wasn't happy but it wasn't about her or her day.
I am in total agreement. Let's face it, ignoring Ferie's incredible foot-in-mouth problem, she and Andrew have had one of the best "Divorces" in history and it shows in their love for their girls and how happy and confident they are.

If I am not mistaken not only Zara, but Beatrice and Eugenie have all been seen clubbing together or supporting each other's charities at events, Balls, etc.

Didn't one of the York girl give a reading at the 10th anniversary Memorial service for Diana? Such a role indicates a fairly close relationship between the cousins and I can't see them inviting their father and not their mother.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a St George's Chapel wedding
I've also found another dress I think would be super lovely for a Spring wedding by British designer Ian Stuart
I think I would prefer it without the mandarin collar though
Tiger Lily: Revolution Rocks Collection

And I've never seen the Strathmore Tiara before but now I have.. I think I shall be adjusting my favourite tiara list accordingly :)

I've also found another dress I think would be super lovely for a Spring wedding by British designer Ian Stuart

I love that dress! Something like that is exactly what I picture Kate wearing. That way it would be very possible to wear a strapless gown should she want to and perhaps have the lace overdress with a more modest neckline and sleeves for wearing in the Abbey during the ceremony. She could then perhaps remove the overdress for the reception and the balcony appearance AND please all of us that have been debating about a strapless gown in the church. :D

I don't know why but I do think Kate would look fantastic in lace.

And I've never seen the Strathmore Tiara before but now I have.. I think I shall be adjusting my favourite tiara list accordingly :)

I love that tiara and think its quite elegant and dainty for a new Princess of the Realm and would good with any hairstyle Kate should choose. Also it would mesh well with whatever veil she decides to wear. I'm hoping for a delicate lace veil.

I wouldn't count on St. James. That is where Prince Charles and Diana married, so that would be too much of a comparison issue. One of her friends was being interviewed this morning, and she said she was 90% sure it would be Westminster and that Kate loved it.

As far as the Strathmore Tiara, I can't say I care for it. It's pretty, but not regal enough IMO for a Royal wedding.

I don't think he will ask anyone. How derogatory for a 28-year-old man! Apart from that, I have a feeling that Sarah will not want to attend.

:previous: You never know. ;) I don't know how close Sarah is with her nephews nowadays, but actually I think she will attend the wedding.

I don't think he will ask anyone. How derogatory for a 28-year-old man! Apart from that, I have a feeling that Sarah will not want to attend.

I see a few posts down that we got this cleared up. I just figured since her last debacle, which I actually felt a bit sorry for her, they wouldn't want her there. Anyway I have a feeling she might be there....hopefully dressed age appropriate. :innocent:

I see a few posts down that we got this cleared up. I just figured since her last debacle, which I actually felt a bit sorry for her, they wouldn't want her there. Anyway I have a feeling she might be there....hopefully dressed age appropriate. :innocent:

Exactly.;) The pressure for Sarah is huge at the moment. Hence, I have this feeling, that even if she receives an invitation, she'll probably choose not to attend. Which is natural and normal.:flowers:

I like the Nizam and Rundell tiaras and they haven't been seen for ages.

The Girls of Ireland and Great Britain is too associated with HMQ, let her enjoy it for a few more years.

I read elsewhere that the Strathmore is in a state of mild disrepair and tarnish. Don't know if that is accurate.

correction: sorry I just read the Nizam was dismanted and its diamonds used for the Burmese Ruby tiara.

Fergie was given a beautiful tiara, something similar might be nice.

Last edited:
They did, yes. There's a lot of churches in London with the prefix "St." in front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom