The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I think these dresses would be beautiful on Kate. It's by Elie Saab and it's the Caelum dress (#11) or Nerta (#18)

Elie by Elie Saab 2011 2011 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias
There are some beautiful dresses there! I think #18 is too form fitting for a royal bride.

Personally, I could see her in something like Aglaya (#1) or Saga (#6).

Old 11-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I can't see Kate marrying in a dress that's too modern and I personally would love to see something classic and romantic. I have a feeling that she will choose a regal looking and yet simple dress, perhaps similar to CP Mary's dress.

I'm not the biggest lace fan around, but I think those dresses look quite nice? In the last picture I like the idea of a lace bolero.

http://www.goodweddingdresses.com/bl...ing_dress1.jpg
http://fashionbride.files.wordpress....02/nereida.jpg
http://www.manufacturer.com/cimages/...ding_dress.jpg
I personally love those dresses waaay more too haha. But then I like romantic lace, beads, and an elegant gown. Kate will probably unfortunately wear something modern and much more simple. I have never seen her wear or lean toward the classic and elegant style. Her dresses have all been the same: straight silhouette with a v-neck top. Now if we're going to post wedding dress pictures that we "wish" she'd wear, then that is more fun

http://i-weddingdresses.com/wp-conte...-dresses-3.jpg

Bridal Gowns, Wedding Dresses by Lazaro - Style LZ3962

Amalia Carrara: Amalia Carrara Photos, Wallpapers, Galleries, Amalia Carrara 10600 large

http://fashionbride.files.wordpress....08/03/cs13.jpg

http://fashionbride.files.wordpress....1775-large.jpg

Old 11-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
There are some beautiful dresses there! I think #18 is too form fitting for a royal bride.

Personally, I could see her in something like Aglaya (#1) or Saga (#6).
I think if we do happen to see a March wedding when the weather can still be rather chilly and blustery, we might see Kate wearing something perhaps with a higher collar and long sleeves. I also do not think she'll go for flounce, or scads of ribbons and bows, but will want to keep things classically simple much like Victoria of Sweden did. Victoria's dress was sheer elegance to me.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I think these dresses would be beautiful on Kate. It's by Elie Saab and it's the Caelum dress (#11) or Nerta (#18)

Elie by Elie Saab 2011 2011 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias
Wow. A lot of those dresses are amaaazing.

I really love number 4 (Auriga), number 11 (Caelum) and number 16 (Pisces).
Old 11-18-2010, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaristocratx View Post
Wow. A lot of those dresses are amaaazing.

I really love number 4 (Auriga), number 11 (Caelum) and number 16 (Pisces).
Glancing over the beautiful gowns from this site there are quite a bit of them that would look perfect on Kate. This one though is my favorite.

Costura 2011 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias

#28 the Iman dress.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Those dresses are simply gorgeous! Fairytale and elegance at its best, and that's not surprising when it comes to Elie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Definitely not the first one. I have a Simplicity dress pattern that is almost exactly like that which I made a dress out of for my older niece nearly two years ago. And I had to go buy the pattern online because it was out-of-print already, so the concept is at least 5 years old by now. It's a beautiful dress but a few years dated.
I agree and it's not exactly my personal taste what I posted here. But somehow I can't imagine a British royal bride with the latest trend or something "sexy". I like Kate's style, but generally she doesn't strike me as a fashionista or someone who would go for something grand or glamorous. Tatiana Blatnik's wedding dress for example was a dream for me, yet it has been criticized because of too much lace was going on. Anyway, I can't see that Kate would choose a dress like that. I just hope she won't wear a strapless or bombastically outdated dress like Sophie Winkleman.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Costura 2011 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias

The Amanda dress (#23) is something I can really see Kate in.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Who will design Kate Middleton's wedding dress?
Article

Best man - Prince Harry with no doubt IMO
Brides maid - Pippa after reading how close Kate & her sister are
Old 11-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Aristocracy

I agree about both the Iman and Amanda dresses. They caught my eye and I can imagine Kate in them as well.

Also, from the Costura Collection - Amaral #7 and Amatista #17

Then, from the Style Collection - Style 2011 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias

Festin #7 (probably too form-fitting but it strikes me as suited for Kate), Sagrera #11

If she went in an ultra-modern direction, I lean towards Almina #36 from the Glamour Collection - Glamour 2011 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias

Another I could really see Kate in is Almagro #23 from the Fashion Collection - Fashion 2011 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias

I also looked through the 2010 collections... Some really interesting directions there as well.

From Pronovias 2010 Collection - Pronovias 2010 Bridal Collection: wedding gowns and accessories - Pronovias - Habana #5, Mindanao #6, Milan #13, Maldivas #18, Magda #52, Mireia #57, Goleta #79, and Gaviota #83

Manuel Mota 2010 Collection - Manuel Mota 2010 bridal collection - Wedding gowns for Pronovias - Tamara #1, Chamira #3, Toledo #4, Okapi #42, or Toscana #47

Valentino Sposa 2010 Collection - Valentino Sposa 2010 wedding dresses collection - Bridal gowns for Pronovias - Metis #4 or Griselda #9

Whew... This is why I was telling myself to not go looking at wedding dress websites tonight or any other night this week. I can get lost and waste entirely too much time that should be spent on the sewing projects of my own that need attention, lol.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Nobility

^I have the same problem when I start looking at wedding jewelry for Kate!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:12 AM
Gentry

Prince William and Kate Middleton to have Royal wedding at Westminster Abbey | Mail Online it looks like it could be westminster :)
Old 11-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
^I have the same problem when I start looking at wedding jewelry for Kate!
I'm thinking that Kate will probably go very simplistic in her choices of jewelry for her wedding day also. On the subject of jewelry, does anyone know what the necklace was that she wore for her engagement announcement was? As far as I could tell, it looked like another sapphire but there weren't any real close ups of it or I missed that photo.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
For those people who say Issa is a Brazilian designer, and then say they would have liked Catherine Walker, Catherine Walker was actually French.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Just to clarify- my comment above that "if the dress is made by a Brazilian designer who lives and works in London it would be considered "British designed", yes?" was trying to gently remove distinction between British-born designers and designers who now work in Britain. I think that any designer who has set up shop in Britain can be considered a "British Designer" in the context of this discussion, where there seems to be widespread agreement that Kate's dress should be made by a "British Designer".

Thanks!
Both great points. In fact, as an American, I view Issa as a British label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
...as for the Wedding Tiara; I have a dream... the Fife Tiara could be borrowed for the occasion....!!!!!
The Fife is a beautiful piece, it really could suit her and the occasion.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Fife Tiara is beautiful and I'd love to see Kate wear it on her wedding day.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm thinking that Kate will probably go very simplistic in her choices of jewelry for her wedding day also. On the subject of jewelry, does anyone know what the necklace was that she wore for her engagement announcement was? As far as I could tell, it looked like another sapphire but there weren't any real close ups of it or I missed that photo.
No but I noticed tonight on the American Dateline Special: William and Kate a Love Story, that she has worn the earrings and necklace before, to Lady Rose Windsor's wedding. I rewound to make certain. They are a lovely set, perhaps an earlier gift from PW or her parents.

Was Katie Nichols wearing a copy cat Issa dress with a little sparkle.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:46 AM

Speaking of jewels, does anyone know/expect/predict that Kate will wear the earrings that match the engagement ring?

And what about the huge sapphire/pearl-choker Diana liked to wear, which I think was part of the Queen Mother's collection, and now belongs to Prince Charles? Will Kate wear this too?
Old 11-18-2010, 03:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Speaking of jewels, does anyone know/expect/predict that Kate will wear the earrings that match the engagement ring?

And what about the huge sapphire/pearl-choker Diana liked to wear, which I think was part of the Queen Mother's collection, and now belongs to Prince Charles? Will Kate wear this too?
I think other than the engagement ring and a tiara (I'm also hoping for the Fife... its gorgeous), I think anything else will be understated or of sentimental value to Kate herself as the main focus of the day will be on the wedding ring. Lets just hope that until the ceremony, the wedding ring gets no where near the dog!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary stuart View Post
According to BBC News (on-line), Westminster Abbey was closed early for Kate's short visit. They said that a spokesman from St James Palace confirmed that the visit was to enable the couple to consider the Abbey as an option before making a final choice.

I have a feeling now that Westminster Abbey will be the choice of venue for the ceremony and as it has been used so many times before for royal weddings, it will be easy to fit William and Kate's plans and ideas for the wedding around that.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post

I believe the large sapphire and diamond was Diana's. A wedding gift from the Saudi monarchs, she had strung with 7 strands of pearls. It was originally presented on a georgeous diamond necklace. (Diana later used this for her diamond prince of wales pendant).

Another personal sapphire diamond suite, similar in style, were a gift to Diana from Oman. The blingy, most expensive sort of discoish crescent earrings and collar were also from a middle easter nation, uncertain as to which.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton and Prince William Royal wedding mania memorabilia rush | Mail Online

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding