Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one, prefer to wait for the wedding day to find the details, it leaves a nice sens of mystery about it which is absolutely fairy tale like. If we know everything that's happening it isn't fun to see the events unfold..

Well, Sophie's daughter is part of the bridal party as is Pippa maybe Oldfield is doing the bridal party dresses.... just not the Bride...

I don't think that will happen; I'm convinced that Kate's designer will also do the bridesmaids' dresses so the entire group coordinates well.
For a major wedding like this, I doubt Kate will want to use different designers.

I don't think that will happen; I'm convinced that Kate's designer will also do the bridesmaids' dresses so the entire group coordinates well.
For a major wedding like this, I doubt Kate will want to use different designers.

It was just a thought ...I was not saying it is a fact...;) the turth is we are all just guessing at this point..

I like the idea the that Kate might be losing weight for the wedding. It will make her look great[better] in the dress and the photos.
With or without the weight loss Kate will look fab!

Losing weight? The girl is skinny enough as it is! I certainly hope she does not try and lose any. I'm sure nerves will do that trick just nicely--unfortunately.

Kate is losing weight for the wedding? If she turns sideways, we won't see her.:lol: She is already very thin, though looking well toned and glowing with good health. I'm certainly not suggesting she is excessively thin, just that I can't imagine she would be wanting to lose more weight for her wedding.

@ Russo: Snap! :)

Last edited:
Like many articles that are coming about this wedding....who knows if Kate losing weight on purpose. So I wouldn't put much stock in this.

Most likely she is not doing it on purpose BUT like most brides with a lot to do and very little time....she is probably losing it anyway.

She's down to bone, muscle and skin - so if she loses weight at this point, it would probably be muscle. That's not a good idea in the long run.

I certainly hope she takes care of herself. I haven't seen much change in her size in the past month, I'd need to see a very recent photo. But her appetite was healthy enough the time she went to lunch with Camilla (if indeed she ate all that it was said she did).

I would love to see her wear The Strathmore Rose Tiara, it was a gift to the Queen Mother on her wedding day..and has not been seen in ages...it is light, delacete and full of history ..photo attached...
Google Image Result for http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fTJ-jwC0Tvc/TWboumlsbEI/AAAAAAAAAf8/jGrLU_EAe-E/s1600/strathmore_rose.jpg

I don't know why the Strathmore keeps coming up. To me, it's too delicate for such an important occasion. I can see her wearing the Strathmore (if it's still intact) or something like it to an official function, but for the wedding in Westminster Abby....she needs something more substantial.

The Queen Mother wore the Strathmor on her wedding day as a bandeau which was the style amongst Royalty at that time. In her case, you couldn't miss it since it was wrapped around her forehead. :lol:

Zonk said:
Like many articles that are coming about this wedding....who knows if Kate losing weight on purpose. So I wouldn't put much stock in this.

Most likely she is not doing it on purpose BUT like most brides with a lot to do and very little time....she is probably losing it anyway.

Well I think by weight loss they mean the loss from Nov till now which you can see in pics though she was already thin and the article did say she told a person at an event it's all part of the plan so if that's true she is purposefully trying which many women do before their wedding-

Not everything written in papers is false, just like not everything written is true so we have to be fair but discerning :)

Sarah Burton, if indeed she is the designer of the dress, has designed some of the most avant-garde wedding dresses (and other clothing) of our time. I saw a dress of hers in a window in Manhattan, it was a show all by itself. Her bondage-harness themed dress was shown (not as a wedding dress, hopefully) at La Conciergerie, where Marie Antoinette was held before her beheading.

Here's a Sarah Burton (any relation to Tim? Looks like she would be):

article-1364734-0D87BA64000005DC-780_310x440.jpg

Hard to picture that with a tiara, though.

I'm getting confused. Is it or is it not a "done deal" that Sarah Burton is designing The Dress?

I'm going to have to think about this. Burton's designs certainly are different from anyone else's:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1364508/Kate-Middletons-Royal-wedding-dress-Sarah-Burton-unveils-collection-Alexander-McQueen.html

That link has a few pictures I hadn't seen yesterday or earlier today.

I can picture Kate in the style of the sapphire/chipped porcelain dress, but any of these styles would be a departure (IMO) from what Kate usually wears. Of course, that's what many want on their wedding day.

None of them look "princess-like" to me, but I'm of a different generation. What do younger women think?

Last edited:
Prince William might be taking time away from RAF before the wedding. In my opinion this is the only reason for the upcoming trip.

Apparently, Prince William isn't taking any time off to go to Aus/NZ. According to RoyalReporter (Richard Palmer) on Twitter: Prince William is fitting that trip to NZ and Australia into his normal shift pattern btw. He's not asked for or been given any extra leave. William and other SAR pilots get quite extensive periods to recuperate after working 24 hr shifts. He'll be shattered when he gets back.

@PrincessKaimi Whatever Sarah Burton designs for Kate, if she does, it won't look like one of her runway gowns. The runway will give you a sense of her whimsy and style, but she knows how to tone it down too. She'll have to.

Last edited:
I don't know why the Strathmore keeps coming up. To me, it's too delicate for such an important occasion. I can see her wearing the Strathmore (if it's still intact) or something like it to an official function, but for the wedding in Westminster Abby....she needs something more substantial.

The Queen Mother wore the Strathmor on her wedding day as a bandeau which was the style amongst Royalty at that time. In her case, you couldn't miss it since it was wrapped around her forehead. :lol:

You may be right about needing something more substantial for the wedding ...I just love this tiara and I think it would suit her ...

PrincessKaimi said:
I'm getting confused. Is it or is it not a "done deal" that Sarah Burton is designing The Dress?

I'm going to have to think about this. Burton's designs certainly are different from anyone else's:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1364508/Kate-Middletons-Royal-wedding-dress-Sarah-Burton-unveils-collection-Alexander-McQueen.html

That link has a few pictures I hadn't seen yesterday or earlier today.

I can picture Kate in the style of the sapphire/chipped porcelain dress, but any of these styles would be a departure (IMO) from what Kate usually wears. Of course, that's what many want on their wedding day.

None of them look "princess-like" to me, but I'm of a different generation. What do younger women think?

I think that Burton does impeccable work and that the looks in her runway show are much more high concept than wearable- but I think she has the talent to create a lovely and special dress for Kate if she's the chosen designer.

I do think some of the designs are nice, but perhaps not appropriate for a royal wedding. IMO a wedding dress should be elegant, simple, and accentuate the features of the woman wearing it. The woman should wear the dress, not the dress wear the woman.

I think that Burton does impeccable work and that the looks in her runway show are much more high concept than wearable- but I think she has the talent to create a lovely and special dress for Kate if she's the chosen designer.

Burton is way out of the box for a choice of designer for this wedding. She may have established herself as a high concept couture designer , but I haven't seen one example of hers that would indicate in any way that she would be the appropriate choice to design a wedding dress for a royal wedding. Lady Gaga's wedding? Yes. The Royal Wedding? No. This is too important of an occasion for someone this edgy and over the top IMO.

I'm not convinced that she is the choice. Everyone was convinced that Oldfield was the designer and there were allegedly clues everywhere according to the experts. Now you aren't hearing a peep about him now that the pack has shifted to Burton. Personally, I think it's all guess work and the RF is just letting the media focus where they like by neither confirning nor denying outright. It certainly doesn't hurt the designers that are targeted since it brings attention to their work, and it continues to focus away from who the real designer is.

I agree with this - it's an excellent description because like all designers do, the outfits are very high concept and even over-dramatic. It allows them to show off to the extreme their design talents and their unique way of using the cloth and cut etc etc. If this is the dress designer for Kate, the gown will have certain elements of the Burton/McQueen style but in a far more subtle way. The end result will be a gown that is fitting for a royal wedding (as opposed to a cat-walk!) but will use the same amazingly crafted techniques in its construction to create a perfect silhouette.

Many of those designs are quite similar to the ones in the Sarah Burton bridal runway show. Women these days strive to have the sort of body Kate has, although most of them aren't quite tall enough to pull these long, lean, flared styles off. Several of the Canadian dresses would be flattering to Kate's body style, I think, but still not quite right for a royal wedding.

Kate usually appears in public quite covered up. Her blue dress is tailored, her coats are traditional. The Comrag (Canadian) dress resembles her style.

However, the sketch really points up the issue with Kate's hair. With that sort of gown, one wants to see an updo and a tiara.

Just 50 days or so and we'll find out.

some are good some are .... not so good! but it would be nice if eventually Kate wears dresses from Commonwealth countries, such as Canada.
I almost felt off the chair when I saw the design by Joseph Mimram, then I read the description and saw that it's to be used during their Honeymoon, :D!

About Sarah Burton, we must see the cat walk designs as a overboard expression. If hired, I doubt she would make Kate wear the exact same dress as the ones we have seen. Even if it doesn't look like anything we have seen Kate wearing, IMO, would be a nice change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom