Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: With all due respect, that's rediculous, superstitious nonsense.

It's a piece of jewellery. Metal and stone. Nothing more.

William offered it, Catherine accepted it and that's that ;)

Last edited:
http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20470095

Elton John confirms he us going to Royal wedding- this is his statement, so no doubt about this! And comments on Kate and Diana, the ring and William.

Elton John thoughts Ms. Catherine Middleton:
He also shares thoughts on the bride-to-be, noting that Kate "is Diana in personality. She is very discreet, she is a very beautiful girl. They have been together a long time and I think she has handled the pressure so much.

Just by seeing Ms Middleton in photos all these years I sensed that Catherine was like Princess Diana in personality. I think in most cases a son marries woman like their mothers when they loved their mother.:flowers:

Has Elton even met Kate? I recall him saying that he's had very little contact with William and Harry since Diana died. I think he said he's only met them twice or something like that.

He might have met her at the After party of the Diana Celebration events.

But considering that he has read the papers like us for the last 8 years --- maybe that is where he is making his comment about Kate's discretion. Let's face it....until she did her engagement interview that was only the 2nd time or so that her voice had been heard by the public.

:previous: With all due respect, that's rediculous, superstitious nonsense.

It's a piece of jewellery. Metal and stone. Nothing more.

William offered it, Catherine accepted it and that's that ;)

I agree, how can a ring be bad luck?
I think it was a lovely gesture on William's part to remember Diana.
If his marriage to Kate fails, it won't be because of the ring!

The invitation to the Beckhams comes as no surprise, since they have been involved in charity work with William.

Another factor may be that they are returning to England to live, having failed to make much of an impact here in the USA.
(Soccer simply isn't the big deal here that it is elsewhere, and both David and Posh are regarded somewhat in the light of desperate wannabes rather than A-List celebrities).

I think it's fine the Beckham's are going

They are going, has someone official confirmed that?

Elton John has been invited to Kate Middleton and Prince William's Royal wedding | Mail Online

And for the record, there have been showbiz people at past royal weddings. I remember Ruthie Henshall at Edwards (I believe they dated in the past), Jilly Cooper, Rowan Atinkinson at Charles and Camila's, and a couple at Charles and Diana's.

They're real showbiz people IMO, David was a good footballer apparently and Victoria was a spice girl who now tries to design clothes. David and William might be pally due to the World Cup bid etc, I can except that. But seeing that bony structure of Victorias walk into Westminster will amuse me, if it's true. :)

Last edited:
He might have met her at the After party of the Diana Celebration events.

But considering that he has read the papers like us for the last 8 years --- maybe that is where he is making his comment about Kate's discretion. Let's face it....until she did her engagement interview that was only the 2nd time or so that her voice had been heard by the public.

Good point. I forgot about the concert.

They are going, has someone official confirmed that?

Elton John has been invited to Kate Middleton and Prince William's Royal wedding | Mail Online

They're real showbiz people IMO, David was a good footballer apparently and Victoria was a spice girl who now tries to design clothes. David and William might be pally due to the World Cup bid etc, I can except that. But seeing that bony structure of Victorias walk into Westminster will amuse me, if it's true. :)

Victoria is expecting a baby this summer, so I wouldn't expect her to be looking too bony. And her clothing range has actually been surprisingly successful (and Kate has asked to see a selection). Yes, they're showbiz, but I'm sure they'll be just fine at the wedding.

Perhaps Mrs. Beckham will design Kate's gown.

Victoria is expecting a baby this summer, so I wouldn't expect her to be looking too bony. And her clothing range has actually been surprisingly successful (and Kate has asked to see a selection). Yes, they're showbiz, but I'm sure they'll be just fine at the wedding.

Maybe thats the one event where she will crack a smile instead of looking miserable, as usual.

I would be shocked if Posh was the bridal designer, no need for a plain looking size zero frock combined with plateau peeptoes on a royal bride.

On the Earl of St Andrews thread is an article discussing the wedding and the familys invite- and quotes from the Earls daughter and son ( I can't link it, not sure why)

Victoria herself has stated she is not ready to design a wedding dress.

But of course, she could always change her mind. :)

I wonder if marketing considerations will figure in these decisions. It's hard to know what's in a future princess's mind (or most brides, actually).

I think it's fine the Beckham's are going, think they're fairly worthy guests too & not in terms of being big celebs or whatever. Remember that aside from all the media obsession with them & the glitz etc he is one of England's best footballers, most caps for an outfield player for England, Captain for years, showed many admirable qualities in his career & won many things at various clubs. She's a success in her own right, maybe their career achievements aren't meaningful to some but to many their accomplishments are inspiring & worthwhile (particularly David's, you rarely hear anyone say anything bad about the way he goes about his football, everything else maybe they moan about but he's always been seen as a true pro in his football, he's an OBE already & many think he'll get a knighthood one day & he's a legend of the modern game). Then factor in all the charity work they've both been involved in, they have their own kids foundation, he's worked with UNICEF for years, bith have supported Comic & Sport Relief over the years & generally I think have done numerous things for charity, now whether this is done just to look good etc is beside the point if you ask me, they're still doing something to try & help people. And then like others have mentioned there is at least some level of personal connection/association between William & David & so to me at least the Beckhams aren't an unexpected invite.

I do hope they don't overshadow proceedings (I really doubt they actually will) of course as the media do love to focus on these two regardless of the occasion or whether they should be the focus etc. Anyway just my opinion, I just don't the fuss over them being invited, I don't think it "cheapens" the event or anything as I do honestly think David at the very least is fairly deserving of being invited & like someone posted, you can't invite one without inviting the husband/wife/partner.

I agree with your comments, and I think that the only thing that would over shadow William and Catherine on their wedding day is if by some miracle Diana rises from the dead to make an appearance, or if the second coming of Christ happens to fall on April 29th - lol.

Canadian mint marking royal wedding with collector coins - thestar.com

OTTAWA—The Royal Canadian Mint is striking a new series of collector coins commemorating the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.

Details of the coins, which will include what the mint describes as an "eye-catching technological feature," will be revealed in the lead-up to the wedding day on April 29 and then released in May.

I agree with your comments, and I think that the only thing that would over shadow William and Catherine on their wedding day is if by some miracle Diana rises from the dead to make an appearance, or if the second coming of Christ happens to fall on April 29th - lol.

Well, the are getting married Easter Friday so I guess it's possible the second coming of Christ could happen around their wedding. ;)

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2011-03-04-osbournes-not-attending-prince-williams-wedding

The Osbournes have been invited to the Royal wedding but are not attending per Sharon Osbourne.....

My opinion- why would you invite them to a Rotal wedding? Yes Kate and William can invite whomever they please but seriously ugh, makes me question their sense....Sharon says they don't know Kate or William so it begs the question why were they invited? Are the couple just inviting celebrities now?

Will The Osbournes Be Attending Prince William's Royal Wedding? | PerezHilton.com

The Osbournes have been invited to the Royal wedding but are not attending per Sharon Osbourne.....

My opinion- why would you invite them to a Rotal wedding? Yes Kate and William can invite whomever they please but seriously ugh, makes me question their sense....Sharon says they don't know Kate or William so it begs the question why were they invited? Are the couple just inviting celebrities now?

Well, I would have to see the invite with thier name on it and perezhilton is not a very good source if you ask me...of course this is my opinion....

You mean the wedding gown? Heaven forbid!
Have you actually ever seen Victoria's designs? Not meaning to be rude, at all. But Victoria's designs are actually very classy and sophisticated and much loved by celebs. She gets inspiration from Rouland Mouret, which says a lot about Victoria's taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom