Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an American and an African American I have no problem with the fact the BRF didn't invite the Obama's to the wedding. It never occured to me that they would be invited given that William is not the heir and therefore not a head of state. If was Charles I'd raise and eyebrow; but even then I wouldn't be offended.. What bothers me is the implication that the lack of invite means the Queens "hates" (as I saw posted here last evening) the Obamas or that the has Queen's preference for "other" US President's. I don't believe the Queen of England has the time or the interest to take a paritisan stance on U.S politics. And truly hope the person wasn't inferring that the lack of invite was race based. I don't believe the the Queen is a bigot and given that she regularly entertains kings of African nations and and Afro-English I don't see her suddenly making a point exclude anyone based on race.

Now, can we get back to the topic of wedding musing & suggestion about the upcoming wedding? And let's remember that there are many nations, religions, ethnicities and nationalities posting here and be cognizant of offensive, thanks. Had to get that off my chest after reading some the comments by posters.

Last edited:
The Obamas are Not attending.

End of Story.

Any and ALL posts that insist on talking about their lack of presence will be deleted without notice.

I think that the lovers-knot tiara is too grand for Kate to wear at this time. Given her status within the family, I'd expect her to wear something smaller. People seem to forget that Diana was The Princess of Wales after her marriage and so was due a tiara that reflected that. Had Diana been still a member of the BRF after the Queen Mother died, I expect that she'd be wearing the Honeycomb tiara that Camilla now wears. It had belonged to the Queen Mother. I could be wrong, but I expect a more modest tiara for Kate, perhaps something more along the lines of a bandeau.

I agree, I'm hoping to see Catherine in a smaller tiara too.

upcoming wedding

is anybody here planning to travel to london to see the wedding up close? ;)

Much as I love this thread , it's getting difficult to separate rumour from the facts. Is there any plan to have a thread to post what we know as opposed to what we are speculating?

Much as I love this thread , it's getting difficult to separate rumour from the facts. Is there any plan to have a thread to post what we know as opposed to what we are speculating?

There is such a thread, Elly.

You can find it here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...lliam-and-miss-catherine-middleton-29332.html .

If anyone has any OFFICIAL information that is has been released by Clarence House, announced on Twitter, etc. please forward this information to any of members of the moderation team, and we will post it.

That thread will be opened as we get closer to the wedding as well.

Thanks!

Thank you Zonk. Does this mean that the details of invites sent out to Foreign Royalty have not been officially released?

Thank you Zonk. Does this mean that the details of invites sent out to Foreign Royalty have not been officially released?

The Clarence House press release says this:

Notes to Editors

Please note we are not releasing the names of individual invitees.
--------------------

So I expect not.

Okay - I made a mistake with Grace saying she was Edward and Lady Tamara's daughter when in fact she is the daughter of Hugh and Rose. Thought you all might like to see her pedigree. No wonder the Van Custems and the royals are close, Grace is an Astor!

Bridesmaid: Miss Grace Van Custem, age 3, Miss Van Custem is HRH Prince William of Wales' Goddaughter. Miss Van Custem is the daughter of Mr. Hugh Van Custem and Rose Nancy Van Custem (nee Langehorne Astor). Hugh Van Custem is the great great grandson of Admiral William Compton, 4th Marquess of Northampton, and Rose Nancy Van Custem (nee Langehorne Astor) is the great great granddaughter of John Edmund Cornwallis Rous, 2nd Earl Stradbroke, and great granddaughter of Waldorf Astor, 2nd Viscount Astor.

And Kate's sister and Chelsy were also guest-

Last edited by a moderator:
It did mention Luxembourg; remember, it said that Guillaume would most likely attend because his father is not well?

I have been trying to keep up with all the news, is it true that the Duchess of York is not invited to the wedding?

I have been trying to keep up with all the news, is it true that the Duchess of York is not invited to the wedding?

It is confirmed by both Sarah & the Palace that she will not be attending

I believe it was also confirmed that she was not invited.

talking about the Van-Cutsem, Little Grace was a bridesmaid at the Wedding Of The Duke Of Northumberland's Daughter Lady Katie Percy:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

let's count this as a rehearsal for that other one ;).

Speaking of that wedding, Lady Katie Percy's dress was designed by Bruce Oldfield.
The lace dress is quite pretty, although I didn't care for the jacket.

If it's true that Catherine picked Oldfield to design her dress, I wonder if it will resemble this one?

Speaking of that wedding, Lady Katie Percy's dress was designed by Bruce Oldfield.
The lace dress is quite pretty, although I didn't care for the jacket.

If it's true that Catherine picked Oldfield to design her dress, I wonder if it will resemble this one?

I have a feeling Katie Percy really wanted the fairy-tale theme.
The hair was not looking nice, and with the tiara little tilt :lol: perhaps the carriage ride caused that, and someone noticed and fix it before she went down the aisle. At least she looked happy, so....

I Like the dress without the jacket, perhaps she took it off once inside the church.

Let's hope Kate wears a dress that represents the importance of the occasion without going too overboard.

As for Kate's hair I think it looks better when it is pulled back. I also read somewhere that her hair is actually curly if left natural, can anyone confirm this is true? I would like to see how she looked with curly hair.

For me I wish she would wear flowers in her hair, something fresh and pretty. I keep hearing how this will be a more down to earth, young, lower cost, fresh wedding. So far not to me....

As for Kate's hair I think it looks better when it is pulled back. I also read somewhere that her hair is actually curly if left natural, can anyone confirm this is true? I would like to see how she looked with curly hair.

For me I wish she would wear flowers in her hair, something fresh and pretty. I keep hearing how this will be a more down to earth, young, lower cost, fresh wedding. So far not to me....

Yes, Catherine's hair is wavy from what I saw in pictures when she was young.

Yes, Catherine's hair is wavy from what I saw in pictures when she was young.

Hm, I think that might look very pretty along with a few inches trimmed off the ends. Thanks! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom