The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Wow...a fax? Interesting if true.

I see that the King and Queen of Romania will be in attendance according to the article. Which is nice since they met at the Queen's wedding.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
William of England and Catherine Middleton live after their wedding at a country house
Guillermo de Inglaterra y Catherine Middleton vivirán tras su boda en una casa de campo

Google Google Translate

Quote:
According Testino, the memory of Diana of Wales was very much on the photo shoot of William of England and Catherine Middleton
Según Testino, el recuerdo de Diana de Gales estuvo muy presente en la sesió | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate

Old 01-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Administrator

He prepared Prince William's favorite meals at Kensington Palace and served Fergie strawberries and cream on her wedding day. So what does former royal chef Darren McGrady expect to see on the April 29 wedding menu?

McGrady, who served as Senior Chef at Buckingham Palace and later worked in the kitchen at Kensington Palace for the remainder of Princess Diana's life, expects a mix of traditional English fare and Prince William and Kate Middleton's favorites.

The Royal Wedding Menu, Predicted by Princess Diana's Chef : People.com

Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Royal Highness

So they send some kind of 'save the date'
I suppose that in the nearly future we will find out about other invited guest

I'm curious why on the site of Yugoslavian CP they wrote Kate Middleton instead Catherine
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if William will wear his Garter sash?
If he does, I think that shade (Saxon Blue) would be lovely for the bridesmaids.
Or they could wear ivory with touches of that color, but that has been done too frequently in the past.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder if William will wear his Garter sash?
If he does, I think that shade (Saxon Blue) would be lovely for the bridesmaids.
Or they could wear ivory with touches of that color, but that has been done too frequently in the past.
Check out this photo of William from Ella Kay's blog...I think this is what he will wear for the wedding, which includes the sash. (This is the garter sash, isn't it?)

Google Image Result for http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009-0613-camilla2.jpg
Old 01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Aristocracy

This may have already been touched on...but I get the sense that William and Catherine are using his great-grandparents wedding, George VI and Queen Elizabeth QM, as a model for their own wedding also...probably more than any other recent royal wedding with a lot of similarities...George VI, Prince Albert at the time, second in line to the throne and serving in the RAF, marrying a "commoner", in April, at Westminster Abby...just something to ponder
Old 01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Well, here is one person that did not get the save the date "fax" lol ....

Elton John: "I Am Not Invited" to the Royal Wedding | NBC Los Angeles
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
Well, here is one person that did not get the save the date "fax" lol ....

Elton John: "I Am Not Invited" to the Royal Wedding | NBC Los Angeles
Loved Sir Elton's sentiments here...and I'm glad he set the record straight about his relationship with them instead of the media building the speculation about it.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 PM

hair

i hope she wears her hair off her face, because ive never seen it up, always down. formal weddings like thiers is going to be, really requires an updo. besides it just looks sloppy
Old 01-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Me too and I hope she curls it.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Hahaha, I guess we all hope (and sort of expect) that she blows us away on her wedding day
Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Check out this photo of William from Ella Kay's blog...I think this is what he will wear for the wedding, which includes the sash. (This is the garter sash, isn't it?)

Google Image Result for http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/2009-0613-camilla2.jpg
I think that's what he'll wear too as it's the actual uniform of the service he's currently in & will still be serving in at the time of the wedding, it would make sense (though no idea if that's the garter sash or something else altogether). And personally I think he looks lovely in it. :)
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Catherine's hair is her best feature, so I would prefer that she wear it down (at least partially) for her wedding.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastPlantain View Post
i hope she wears her hair off her face, because ive never seen it up, always down. formal weddings like thiers is going to be, really requires an updo. besides it just looks sloppy
]

or as HM apparently once told Princess Anne "You look like a sheepdog"!
Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7

I think that's what he'll wear too as it's the actual uniform of the service he's currently in & will still be serving in at the time of the wedding, it would make sense (though no idea if that's the garter sash or something else altogether). And personally I think he looks lovely in it. :)
Does he have to wear his uniform?. I know it's a tradition but I don't think he has too although it would be nice
Old 01-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Serene Highness

Brits would rather go on holiday than watch royal wedding

Read more: Brits would rather go on holiday than watch royal wedding - mirror.co.uk
Old 01-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Idk but I'd rather watch the wedding maybe it's got something to do with the fact I'm not British
Old 01-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastPlantain View Post
I think she will wear her hair down until the day of her wedding, when she will wear it up (with a tiara) to signify her transition into royal life. Because we are so used to her with her hair down, it would be a great contrast.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QEII View Post
Does he have to wear his uniform?. I know it's a tradition but I don't think he has too although it would be nice
As a serving officer he probably should but no he doesn't have to.

His great-grandfather and father had both effectively left their military service but still chose to marry in miliary uniform while his grand-father was still a serving officer.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding