The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2011, 06:01 AM
Royal Highness

These Hamley's dolls are aweful - they look cheap, tacky and badley made. William's face has a scowl and he is being strangled by his uniform and Catherine's neck is so long her head will drop off! As for the dolls being made for 14 year olds, that just convinces me the designers don;t know what they're doing - my 10 year old neice grew out of dolls years ago!

Old 08-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
These Hamley's dolls are aweful - they look cheap, tacky and badley made. William's face has a scowl and he is being strangled by his uniform and Catherine's neck is so long her head will drop off! As for the dolls being made for 14 year olds, that just convinces me the designers don;t know what they're doing - my 10 year old neice grew out of dolls years ago!
I don't do dolls at all but I'd have to say that I'd prefer a Wills and Kate cabbage patch couple to these.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Those look like the dolls that come alive and attack you in cheesy B-list horror movies. I would be afraid to sleep with them in the house.
Bridezilla comes to life!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Bridezilla comes to life!!!
You summed it up pretty well. I emailed the article about the dolls to one of my friends, and she said that Kate's doll looked as if she was thinking 'I'm gonna smile and then kill you...bwahahahah'. I tend to agree with that particular caption.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
Those look like the dolls that come alive and attack you in cheesy B-list horror movies. I would be afraid to sleep with them in the house.
There was this American movie in 1975 called The Trilogy of Terror in which Karen Black's character is terrorized by an African tribal doll that comes to life. After reading your post,I had a nightmare that instead of the African doll, it was the William and Kate dolls coming after me with little tiny spears.

Horrifying and funny all at the same time.!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Most Important Question, that was never asked.

Which little bitty bridesmaid did you want to cover in kisses more:

Grace Van Cutsem or Eliza Lopes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eliza-lopes-getty-_1889536i_large.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	279435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grace+Van+Cutsem+Eliza+Lopes+Royal+Wedding+ky0qMxtd_7ml.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	279436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eliza+Lopes+Royal+Wedding+Arrivals+g9V5VYZzrP4l.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	279437  
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post

I have to choose?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Eliza. Grace looks like she might bite.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
I have to choose?
My thoughts exactly. They were both very precious (though I will say it appeared that Grace needed a cuddle somewhere in between the official portrait session and the balcony because she looked so overwhelmed).

Old 09-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great..here we go again...this is not in relation to you guys btw

Now back to the question of baby cheeks to kiss:
I feel for Grace, I hate loud noises as well and I'm not 3yrs out of the womb. I just adore those precious little ones. Did you know Grace tripped when the wedding party was walking into BUckingham Palace?
Old 09-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Great..here we go again...this is not in relation to you guys btw

Now back to the question of baby cheeks to kiss:
I feel for Grace, I hate loud noises as well and I'm not 3yrs out of the womb. I just adore those precious little ones. Did you know Grace tripped when the wedding party was walking into BUckingham Palace?
I saw a glimpse of it during the coverage. I think she was really done for. If you look closely at the official photos, she looks exhausted. I give her a lot of brownie points for not breaking down and bawling.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't hear about it until yesterday. It was so cute how that dark haired boy immediately tried to help her. He probably doesn't like girls (they have cooties) especially little ones who can't rough and tumble with him. I give kudos to Eliza and Grace that they stayed on point throughout and seemed to follow directions well. They did disappear during the actual ceremony which was probably a good thing considering how young they are.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Heir Apparent

kate ring not fit in her finger right? because prince william have dificult when he put the ring for her
Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I didn't hear about it until yesterday. It was so cute how that dark haired boy immediately tried to help her. He probably doesn't like girls (they have cooties) especially little ones who can't rough and tumble with him. I give kudos to Eliza and Grace that they stayed on point throughout and seemed to follow directions well. They did disappear during the actual ceremony which was probably a good thing considering how young they are.
I noticed that Grace and Eliza were not present at the service, and like you, thought it was a great idea. It gave them a chance to rest and not worry about behaving themselves so much (plus, I don't know if they would have been too comfortable sitting with the rest of the kids and not being able to see their parents, which could have produced anxiety). They did appear again when it was time to go back to Buckingham Palace, and I also noticed that when they all walked down the aisle towards the alter, Grace and Eliza were walking with the page boys. Overall, I think all kids involved behaved splendidly, and from what I've read, they got candy after the service for doing such a great job. Love that gesture, since it gets they all hyped up just in time for their parents to take them home .

Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah the big kids got to stay through the entire service. And remembering how bored I am at church and I'm in my 20s I can only imagine how tedious it was for those kids and how good they were for behaving themselves. Expecting a 3yr old to not squirm in church in front of billions of people is just asking for trouble. I wonder what Eliza and Grace got to do behind closed doors during the ceremony. I don't think they would be allowed to go to sleep because they could be woken up cranky.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Commoner

I know right they creep me out too. You would think for the money they want for these dolls they would make them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Some of these creep me out.
I hope we will be able to have a happy family ourselves.-Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yeah the big kids got to stay through the entire service. And remembering how bored I am at church and I'm in my 20s I can only imagine how tedious it was for those kids and how good they were for behaving themselves. Expecting a 3yr old to not squirm in church in front of billions of people is just asking for trouble. I wonder what Eliza and Grace got to do behind closed doors during the ceremony. I don't think they would be allowed to go to sleep because they could be woken up cranky.
Taking a nap probably was out of the question, because if you wake up a toddler it could end badly (I remember dealing with many a whines with my younger sister when I was a teenager, due to her nap being interrupted). As for being bored at Church, I think it depends on the occasion. Perhaps the excitement of the day and was enough to keep the kids focused. I noticed that Louise was following along and singing. You could see she was happy to witness this particular service/ceremony.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Both. Equally!
That whole ceremony must've been overwhelming ! And as others pointed out, they did a great job.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Gentry

Salutes during procession

I have a question. I am new to the forum and have been making my way through the posts but have not yet seen anything that answers my question. I hope I am not violating protocol by posting it here. Apologies if I have.

I noticed during William and Catherine's carriage ride back to the palace after the wedding that on several occasions he saluted and she bowed her head, obviously in respect to someone or something along the route. Thinking back to Charles and Diana's wedding, I do not recall that they did the same thing. Is it because William is considered to be active military duty and Charles was not?

Secondly, I'm curious about the military uniforms so many of the men wore. In the U.S., most men who are no longer on active duty do not wear their uniforms. It appears that this is not the case in Great Britain as Princes Charles and Andrew wore uniforms and even Prince Philip at age 89 wore one. Even Edward wore a uniform and I was under the impression that he never completed a military commitment.

If anyone can address these questions, I'd be grateful.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Welcome to the forums!

I'll try to answer at least one of your questions. During the procession from the Abbey, William and Catherine's carriage passed by the War Memorial, and that's why William saluted and Catherine bowed her head.

Not sure about the military uniforms, unfortunately.

Tags
catherine, catherine middleton, competition, duchess of cambridge, funny, kate middleton, music, petition, phanfare for all souls, prince william, prince william & catherine middleton wedding, privacy, royal wedding, tribute, wedding, will and kate, william, william & kate wedding