Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristineML View Post
He was saluting war memorials.
Yep, exactly.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Royal wedding speech: Prince Harry pays tribute to Prince William | Mail Online

Royal Wedding kiss: Prince William & Kate Middleton drive away in a vintage Aston Martin | Mail Online

Royal wedding reception: Prince Charles's speech to Kate Middleton | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Bride awakes a Princess... but William's back to work on Tuesday | Mail Online

William the worrier: Even on his wedding day, Prince watches out for his little bridesmaid | Mail Online

Royal Wedding kiss: Prince William & Kate Middleton drive away in a vintage Aston Martin | Mail Online

Royal wedding 2011: 2 kisses and 2 families coming together at last | Mail Online

Royal wedding: Kate Middleton wore just a tad too much mascara | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: 'Ninja nun' sat inches from Prince William | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: Pippa Middleton will be next to wed if she doesn't run off with Prince Harry | Mail Online

Royal wedding party: 'Prince Harry stage-dived into a crowd of palace revellers' | Mail Online

Royal wedding party: 'Prince Harry stage-dived into a crowd of palace revellers' | Mail Online

Pippa Middleton designs her own very special wedding dress... out of toilet paper | Mail Online

Kate and Pippa Middleton's Royal Wedding grooming tricks | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Victoria Beckham's hat by Philip Treacy only ready minutes before service | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: Why Chelsy Davy will NEVER marry Prince Harry | Mail Online

Royal wedding: Princess Beatrice swaps heels for trainers as she leaves after-party | Mail Online

William the worrier: Even on his wedding day, Prince watches out for his little bridesmaid | Mail Online

Kate Middleton is the people's princess as she steps out in High Street for first day as a Royal | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Did Kate's Mum help to choose something special for the trousseau? | Mail Online

Royal Wedding 2011: Did Kate's Mum help to choose something special for the trousseau? | Mail Online

Royal Wedding: A beautiful DIY make-up job...with a little advice beforehand | Mail Online

Royal Wedding pictures: The official Royal Wedding album suggests Kate and William's future will be happier than Charles and Diana's | Mail Online

Old 05-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

I read about this and was very shocked! It's romantic, but probably not very smart.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson
Royal wedding: loving Prince William rejects prenuptial agreement - Telegraph

Prince William's whispered words to Catherine Middleton at the altar in Westminster Abbey, "you are beautiful", are not his only romantic gesture. The Duke of Cambridge, as he now is, refused to sign a prenuptial agreement with his fiancée.
Oh no. I don't think that was smart idea. A pre-nup is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you don't love the person. It's about protecting yourself cause you never know what the future holds.

Let's say what if William turns into a demon and wants nothing to do with Kate? Then without a prenup she's screwed. She'll have to hire the best lawyers etc and a whole lot of time will be wasted. I hope it doesn't get to that but I'm saying those agreement are very important....especially if one has a lot to lose.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Royal Highness

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge on the magazine cover

Beautiful Royal Couple

Royal Wedding: HELLO! unveils souvenir wedding edition - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5

Oh no. I don't think that was smart idea. A pre-nup is not a bad thing. It doesn't mean you don't love the person. It's about protecting yourself cause you never know what the future holds.

Let's say what if William turns into a demon and wants nothing to do with Kate? Then without a prenup she's screwed. She'll have to hire the best lawyers etc and a whole lot of time will be wasted. I hope it doesn't get to that but I'm saying those agreement are very important....especially if one has a lot to lose.
Agreed pre-nups should be signed when entering royal marriages.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Moderator Emeritus

The thing is, even if they did have a prenup, there's no reason to expect that a court would follow its terms. As of right now, they're not considered binding in any part of the UK. A court only recently allowed them to be entered into evidence at all, and it said that it would only be considered in certain circumstances.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:54 AM
Commoner

Something I really wonder about: Kate entered the cathedreal with a ring at her finger, I think it was the engagement ring. Later she hadn't a ring at her finger when William gave her the wedding ring. In the coach I think she hadn' t the second one either. At the reception you can clearly see the two rings behind each other. So when she changed from one to none and to two?
It's not really important but funny to realize.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Something I really wonder about: Kate entered the cathedreal with a ring at her finger, I think it was the engagement ring. Later she hadn't a ring at her finger when William gave her the wedding ring. In the coach I think she hadn' t the second one either. At the reception you can clearly see the two rings behind each other. So when she changed from one to none and to two?
I could be that she did what I did when I married. When I got to the altar, I discreetly slipped my engagement ring onto my right hand. Once the wedding band was in place, I moved the engagement ring back to my left.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Courtier

wedding scale

When Harry gets married do you think there will be the same amount of grandeur and worldwide excitement as William's?Or will he have a smaller scale wedding?[/QUOTE]

Well, IMO this WAS a pretty small scale wedding in terms of royal standards if you compare it with the scandinavian royal weddings or the dutch one (no great jewellery, no pre wedding evening receptions together with the bridal couple, no firework displays etc.)!
So, yes, I think Harry´s wedding could be as "grand" as this one, as Pr. Andrew´s wedding in 1986 (or Anne´s in 1973) wasn´t much more low-key than Charles and Dianas.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Majesty

This was a fairly typical BRF wedding. They don't do the sort of stuff the others do.

Harry's won't be as grand as this unless William or The Queen or Charles is already deceased and he is 2nd in line.

This was similar to Andrew's but not as grand as Charles' but Charles was the heir apparent while William is only 2nd in line.

Harry's may very well not even be in London but be at St George's if in the present reign and after William and Kate have a couple of children - say he has dropped to 5th in line (William and Kate have two children) and the present Queen is still on the throne he wouldn't warrant the same scale of celebration but if he is still 3rd or even up to 2nd - William and Kate have no children and his father is King - then it would be similar.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 AM

Instrumental guitar tribute to the Royal couple

Hi, I'm new here and would love to share with you all a rock guitar instrumental piece, "Phanfare for all souls", I was inspired to write for the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Plse view my youtube video here,

Your comments are welcome. God Bless the royal couple and us all. Peace, Lu Ruello
Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Royal Highness

I'm dying whilst waiting for it to come to the US (IF it comes to the US)! Usually we are a week behind. I don't know if we get the left overs or what, but my local bookstore usually only has about 2 or 3 copies on the newstand when I'm there. Some of the bigger issues have been absent.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
She was wearing her engagement ring on her right hand on the way into the Abbey - I caught a glimpse of it at one point under her bouquet. When they came back out from signing the register she had moved it over next to her wedding band on her left hand.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:16 PM

Personal tributes to the Royal Couple

I've composed an instrumental guitar piecefor the Royal couple. Plse click here to view it. Your comments are welcome.

Lu Ruello
Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Now this is fast and very well done!

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/h6mensuj Shared by royalwedding
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Rennie View Post
Etiquette even for non-royals dictates that a man should always get into a car (or carriage) first, to spare his female companion the need to slide across the seat and disarrange her dress. As for the other question, I would think it's either tradition or preference.
also, a man should always enter an elevator first (to hold the doors open), walk in front of a woman when going down the aisle of a movie theatre (so he can break any stumble of hers), stairs - behind going up, in front going down, man in front when walking in a crowd, etc., etc. These are some of the active remains of Chivalry. Basically, it is common sense as most women are in high heels.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Commoner

My (1st 50) screen caps of the Wedding

Download Royal Wedding Screen Caps (part 1).zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

or

http://hotfile.com/dl/116846920/2d85681/Royal_Wedding_Screen_Caps_(part_1).zip.html

or

http://www.filesonic.com/file/916660554/Royal_Wedding_Screen_Caps_(part_1).zip

The 1st 50 screen caps of the Royal Wedding

Old 05-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Commoner

My (2nd 50) screen caps of the Wedding

Part 2 of my screen caps of the Royal Wedding

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

Download Royal Wedding (part 2).zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

or

http://www.filesonic.com/file/937178744/Royal_Wedding_(part_2).zip

or

http://hotfile.com/dl/117075101/272f566/Royal_Wedding_(part_2).zip.html
Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 AM

What did you do to celebrate the recent Prince William royal wedding?

What (serious and/or humorous) things if any, did you do to celebrate
Prince William - Kate Middleton's 's recent April 29 royal wedding?

Tags
catherine, catherine middleton, competition, duchess of cambridge, funny, kate middleton, music, petition, phanfare for all souls, prince william, prince william & catherine middleton wedding, privacy, royal wedding, tribute, wedding, will and kate, william, william & kate wedding