Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Wedding Miscellania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I really wonder about: Kate entered the cathedreal with a ring at her finger, I think it was the engagement ring. Later she hadn't a ring at her finger when William gave her the wedding ring. In the coach I think she hadn' t the second one either. At the reception you can clearly see the two rings behind each other. So when she changed from one to none and to two?
It's not really important but funny to realize.

Something I really wonder about: Kate entered the cathedreal with a ring at her finger, I think it was the engagement ring. Later she hadn't a ring at her finger when William gave her the wedding ring. In the coach I think she hadn' t the second one either. At the reception you can clearly see the two rings behind each other. So when she changed from one to none and to two?

I could be that she did what I did when I married. When I got to the altar, I discreetly slipped my engagement ring onto my right hand. Once the wedding band was in place, I moved the engagement ring back to my left.

wedding scale

When Harry gets married do you think there will be the same amount of grandeur and worldwide excitement as William's?Or will he have a smaller scale wedding?[/QUOTE]

Well, IMO this WAS a pretty small scale wedding in terms of royal standards if you compare it with the scandinavian royal weddings or the dutch one (no great jewellery, no pre wedding evening receptions together with the bridal couple, no firework displays etc.)!
So, yes, I think Harry´s wedding could be as "grand" as this one, as Pr. Andrew´s wedding in 1986 (or Anne´s in 1973) wasn´t much more low-key than Charles and Dianas.

This was a fairly typical BRF wedding. They don't do the sort of stuff the others do.

Harry's won't be as grand as this unless William or The Queen or Charles is already deceased and he is 2nd in line.

This was similar to Andrew's but not as grand as Charles' but Charles was the heir apparent while William is only 2nd in line.

Harry's may very well not even be in London but be at St George's if in the present reign and after William and Kate have a couple of children - say he has dropped to 5th in line (William and Kate have two children) and the present Queen is still on the throne he wouldn't warrant the same scale of celebration but if he is still 3rd or even up to 2nd - William and Kate have no children and his father is King - then it would be similar.

Instrumental guitar tribute to the Royal couple

Hi, I'm new here and would love to share with you all a rock guitar instrumental piece, "Phanfare for all souls", I was inspired to write for the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Plse view my youtube video here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVtK4wY-Fk&feature=player_profilepagehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSVtK4wY-Fk&feature=player_profilepage

Your comments are welcome. God Bless the royal couple and us all. Peace, Lu Ruello
smile.png

Please note: although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.

She was wearing her engagement ring on her right hand on the way into the Abbey - I caught a glimpse of it at one point under her bouquet. When they came back out from signing the register she had moved it over next to her wedding band on her left hand.

Etiquette even for non-royals dictates that a man should always get into a car (or carriage) first, to spare his female companion the need to slide across the seat and disarrange her dress. As for the other question, I would think it's either tradition or preference.

also, a man should always enter an elevator first (to hold the doors open), walk in front of a woman when going down the aisle of a movie theatre (so he can break any stumble of hers), stairs - behind going up, in front going down, man in front when walking in a crowd, etc., etc. These are some of the active remains of Chivalry. Basically, it is common sense as most women are in high heels.

What did you do to celebrate the recent Prince William royal wedding?

What (serious and/or humorous) things if any, did you do to celebrate
Prince William - Kate Middleton's 's recent April 29 royal wedding?

Royal Wedding Video Montage

Hi there people, I'm new here but have checked out quite a few of the threads already, looking forward to getting stuck in!

My brother and I decided to create a special montage of the big day, it's taken us a week; but it's finally finished and we're very proud of it. We'd greatly appreciate it if you could check it out and let us know what you think.

I hope you like it and thank you :) x

YouTube - The Royal Wedding Highlights Montage

It might sound a little odd, but my brother and I decided to make a montage of it all! Haha, we were inspired by the ones the BBC and ITV put together and as we have a passion for film making, decided to have a go ourselves :) It took us ages! But we think it was worth it. I'll post it below in case you're interested - looking forward to hearing what other people got up to :)

YouTube - The Royal Wedding Highlights Montage

The fanfare has been removed :( Anywhere else we can hear it? x

Last edited:
If I could make a video about Wills & Kate, it would be to the song "Heaven". Originally by Bryan Adams, I would do the piano version with the girl singing. It is so fitting for their relationship.

Too bad YouTube has copyright restrictions.

Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know if they would ever have a Royal Wedding DVD? Would someone be allowed to release this? I want to watch it again!!

I'd like to get a nice coffee table book with lots of good pictures of the wedding. I saw this one and wonder if anyone would recommend it.

Amazon.com: William & Catherine: Their Romance and Royal Wedding in Photographs (9781402788161): David Elliot Cohen, Robert Jobson: Books

If I have to make a choice between the two Hello! magazine editions which one would be the best?

Are there any other good coffee table picture books, preferably by British authors, that you would recommend?

Some of the magazines have all this other pre-wedding stuff with hardly anything about the actual wedding.

Is the wedding edition of HELLO available in the States? I tried to find it on line, and had no luck.

Daria_S...I purchased my copy at Barnes and Noble.

Hello Magazine is carried at my local store in Bowie, MD so you might want to check your out.

Otherwise, you might want to buy it on Ebay. Of course, is a little bit more expensive.

I noticed that Farah Diba and family were absent from the Swedish wedding of Victoria and I could not spot Farah Diba at Westminster. Is there anyone who can confirm or deny if she was there? Wonder if she was invited to the Monaco wedding?

Who is Farah Diba?

Is the wedding edition of HELLO available in the States? I tried to find it on line, and had no luck.

I bought mine at Barnes & Noble last week, they carry it regularly there. Good luck!

Borders used to be my source for Hello magazine, but then my store stopped carrying it. I have to go across the street to Barnes & Noble to read it now. But with regards to the wedding issue, my B&N didn't have it but my Borders did. I made sure to mention it to the Borders clerk in hopes that they'll bring Hello back! I'm actually headed there way in a couple of hours so I'll look to see if they have the second issue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom