Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Wedding Miscellania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wanting to purchase a good royal wedding picture book of this wedding. I so enjoyed watching the wedding live and would like a nice book. I've been looking on Amazon and reading reviews, but most of those books don't seem to have 90% wedding pictures and 10% engagement. They have hardly any pictures of the actual wedding day itself. That's what I want. Does anyone have good recommendations?

I loved watching the wedding live and wish I had a book commemorating their wedding but most only have pictures of their engagement and :: previous:: that is hilarious but I wonder why out of all costumes for Halloween why pick the royal wedding?

Last edited:
Did anyone see the random people stepping out of the audience to help maneuver Kate's train around the tomb when she was beginning to walk down the aisle? I've always wondered who those people were and if they were designated to assist if the time arose.

Did anyone see the random people stepping out of the audience to help maneuver Kate's train around the tomb when she was beginning to walk down the aisle? I've always wondered who those people were and if they were designated to assist if the time arose.

I know one was Sarah Burton - in the black and White dress - and I think the other was one of the the bridesmaid's dress designers - in green I think.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had dreams about this wedding? I've had 3 dreams about this wedding. The last one was best, a friend and I snuck into the private party; which was weird because I didn't see the Queen, Charles etc. but I did pass by Jecca and Pippa.

Royal Wedding souvenir's include :

- Royal Scot Crystal-Abbey Flute champagne glasses
- Wedgwood wall plate
-mugs
- the royal wedding belgravia mug
- the bone china royal wedding devon mug
- tankard shape bone china mug
- a limited edition royal wedding london glass platter
- william & kate tea towels
- royal wedding toasting flutes
- halcyon days royal wedding collection (chinaware)
- royal wedding playing cards
- great british teddy bears: HM the Queen and prince william (bears dressed as the prince and the queen, cute)

courtesy of http://www.legacymagazines.co.uk/royal weddingshop

I mean there is more, much more only it would not fit on one page it after-all was the wedding of the century and will and kate memorabilia was everywhere in London, I remember seeing the reports.

Royal Wedding souvenir's include :

- Royal Scot Crystal-Abbey Flute champagne glasses
- Wedgwood wall plate
-mugs
- the royal wedding belgravia mug
- the bone china royal wedding devon mug
- tankard shape bone china mug
- a limited edition royal wedding london glass platter
- william & kate tea towels
- royal wedding toasting flutes
- halcyon days royal wedding collection (chinaware)
- royal wedding playing cards
- great british teddy bears: HM the Queen and prince william (bears dressed as the prince and the queen, cute)

courtesy of http://www.legacymagazines.co.uk/royal weddingshop

I mean there is more, much more only it would not fit on one page it after-all was the wedding of the century and will and kate memorabilia was everywhere in London, I remember seeing the reports.

I think the souvenir I chuckled most at were the mugs that came out with the bridal couple on them. Just one thing wrong...it was Harry on the mug instead of William. :ROFLMAO:

Hi,
Talking about coins, I know that the Royal Mint also struck 40 X 1 kilo solid 22 carat gold coins commemorating the wedding. According to the royal mint website, this was the very first time in its 1000 year history that a kilo coin was made to celebrate a royal wedding,. See -
The Ultimate Souvenir: The Royal Mint Strikes £40,000 Solid Gold Kilo Coin to Mark Royal Wedding
These sold for a mere Pounds 40 000 to 60 000 about a year ago :ohmy:. Would anyone know whether there is a market for such coins in the UK and what it would fetch?

Kate's beautician reveals buzz on bee-sting secret that made Duchess a blushing bride
A year ago, Kate Middleton – more than any other bride – knew everything had to be perfect on her wedding day. As she prepared to walk down the aisle at Westminster Abbey, she was under no illusions: her dress, her hair and, in particular, her classic ‘English rose’ complexion would be scrutinised minutely by millions of television viewers across the globe. Luckily, Kate had been prepared by another new Royal for whom the unflinching gaze of high-definition cameras has been something of an ordeal – her stepmother-in-law, the Duchess of Cornwall. Camilla, like Kate, was not born into the protected world of the Royal Family.
I never thought Kate has classic English rose complexion; isn't she a bit too tanned for it?
On another note, "discretion" is hardly a very appropriate word for Deborah Mitchell any more.

Bids soar to £1,450 on first slice of Kate and William's wedding cake ever to reach auction... and there's still two weeks to go
The first ever slice of cake from the wedding of Kate and William has attracted bids of almost £1,500 as fans of the royal two vie to get their hands on the royal memorabilia. With two weeks still to go on the auction, the bidding stands at £1,453 - but as is customary, the auction house expect a flurry of last-minute bids to push the value much higher by the time bidding closes on 24 May.
I suppose you could view it as a collector's piece but really, £1,453 for a year-old cake?

:previous:

Also, didn't a piece of Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Windsor's wedding cake reach close to $100,000 at a Sotheby's auction in the last two decades? Whoever wins this piece better hold on to it, they're guaranteed a huge profit... :flowers:

Prince William's heartbreaking confession: 'My wedding day was the first time since she died I really missed my mother'
Prince William has revealed how he'd wished that his mother Princess Diana had been able to see his wedding day. The prince said it was the 'one time' since she died that he'd really missed his mother and he'd felt 'sad' knowing she wouldn't be there. William opened up during U.S. show The Jubilee Queen with Katie Couric, set to be screened on ABC at 9pm today.
A lovely article.

Really nice (ans somewhat sad) to read William and Harry's loving words of their mother.

Wedding Guest Gifts Wills&Kate

I have read that at aristocratic weddings the couple give a small gift to their guests to commemorate the big day. I found this picture on a different site. Anybody know if these are available for sale?

Attachments

• Wills and Kate Candle.jpg
    Wills and Kate Candle.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 1,689
'Souvenir Wedding Guide'

I stumbled across this thread buried in the Royal Weddings General Discussion area and have now moved it into the William & Catherine Wedding forum.
It's no big deal but rather than let the thread continue to languish, there may be some members who are interested.

The 'souvenir wedding guide' is a downloadable one page pdf document of modest size (17.1MB) and is 'clean'.

There are no strings attached and you will not find yourself on another website.
Just click on the link, wait a few seconds, and check the Downloads folder in your browser for the pdf document.

(the downloaded pdf file has been checked by me today 29 July 2012 with both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Avira Internet Security 2012)

> link: http://www.paulfrasercollectib…..de2011.pdf

v thumbnail image
(75% original size)
This is what it looks like...

Attachments

• Wedding Souvenir.jpg
    Wedding Souvenir.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back