Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Fashions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did GD Maria Theresa wear? And I somehow missed the Queen of Denmark? Anyone have pics?

LadyFinn said:
Back view of the hat, absolutely beautiful.
Daylife

She seems to be only wearing 1 glove? Or am I so sleepy I'm seeing things?

Last edited:
my Q is:
why do they - the ladies- wear suits and hats whereas at cp Victoria`s wedding they wore evening dresses ??

This is a British morning wedding and it's the wedding on the second in line not the first, it doesn't require tiaras and gowns.

The Queen of Denmark must really like that blue outfit!

I thought Q. Sofia's dress AND HAT were wonderful. And she so seldom wears hats. And Letizia looked great in her HAT. She was supremely fashionable without being "too much."

The Duchess of Cornwall looked absolutely lovely and elegant!

The poor York girls. I WISH someone would take them in hand. Beatrice's dress was nice but that HAT... Her clothes so often wear her rather than the other way around. And Eugenie... dear Eugenie... Shall I count the ways?

Pr. Anne looked better than usual but the hat was just a bit too large. The tailoring did show off her still fab figure.

The Queen was her usual iconic self. She smiled a lot today!

Couldn't believe that Dear Q. Margrethe dragged out the strange blue hat yet again.

Zara's hat was almost a lethal weapon.

Pr. Maxima looked great! Loved the hat and dress combination.

Thought Mrs. M, not my favorite person, looked better than almost anyone. The hat was a bit unexciting, but her dress and shoes were impeccable and her outfit beautifully tailored.

Camilla's hat was too large, although on the whole she looked nice.
But that hat reminded me of The Flying Nun!

Also:

CP Victoria: way too tight; and with the tightness, the low cut neckline made it all seem just wrong. WRONG!

Autumn Kelly's outfit definitely wore her.

Samantha Cameron looked much better than in the straight on photo. Her dress, as she walked the aisle, was pretty fabulous and she has gotten her baby weight OFF. She looked great.

I thought Autumn really rocked it.The york girls need some serious help, I think they might be ridiculed in the press for these outfits.

Did anyone catch Princess Alexandra? I tried to look out for her when the minor Royals started coming out of their coachs, but I couldn't see her :sad:

I believe I just saw her quickly hidden behind Princess Michael's enormous topper :cool: - just tried to find a picture but to no avail, but I think she was wearing quite standard Alexandra fare; a blue wide-brimmed hat and a jacket and dress/skirt in the same colour and sort of pale cream heels. She did look nice from what I saw :flowers:

Could someone post pictures of all of the above? I didn't see all of them, and the ones I did see I didn't see very well, so it's hard to vote right now. It would be nice to have a picture of each outfit all in the same place. :flowers:

I'll start with some pictures from Getty:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Margrethe
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Maxima
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Maria Teresa
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Sofia and Letizia
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Sonja (but it's not very good; it's from the side and Harald's partly blocking her - anyone have a better one?)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Carole, QEII, and Camilla
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Bea and Eugenie
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Victoria

Does anyone have Mathilde, Sophie, Anne-Marie, Tatiana, Marie-Chantal, or a better one of Sonja? I didn't see any of the Greeks at all, ever.

Try PPE Agency

I think Letizia's outfit is very nice. Her first hat looked good on her plus I don't think big hats would suit her as she's so petite. She would drown in them. Smaller hats are her style. Overall, she looks lovely. I also love Maxima's outfit and Victoria Beckham's. Although her too high heeled shoes might not be good for her since she's pregnant.

I don't like Letizia's outfit at all exception the colour,her prewedding dress was very stunning though.Eugenie's outfit was awful,she needs a piece of advice of a professional stylist ,I think.Beatrice's dress was more or less better.I've mentioned a classical,but inspirational outfit of CP Victoria.

While Letizia & Victoria topped my list on the evening event, I found their daytime outfits disappointing. Victoria looked tacky, Letizia matronly like dowdy auntie. She is no hat person at all, a fascinator would have looked better.

I liked Charlenes outfit, worst dressed easily the York sisters, especially Eugenie and Chelsey Davey looked awful.

I suspected that the European royals would be the best dressed.
Letizia, Victoria and Maxima were my favourites. All three ladies looked elegant and pretty. This is the first time I've seen Letizia in a hat.
Lalla Salma's caftan was also pretty. Her hair was lovely and I'm glad she went for pastels in her makeup. The gold jewellery was also beautiful.
Beatrice and Eugenie were just plain awful.

While Letizia & Victoria topped my list on the evening event, I found their daytime outfits disappointing. Victoria looked tacky, Letizia matronly like dowdy auntie. She is no hat person at all, a fascinator would have looked better.

I liked Charlenes outfit, worst dressed easily the York sisters, especially Eugenie and Chelsey Davey looked awful.

how do you mean tacky

the outfit victoria wore gets 7/10, i thought the dress and hat worked togather.
i never thought i would say this i liked v beckhams mummy dress it were diferent

Eugenie really was amongst the worst dressed at the wedding, with Beatrice not that far behind. What were these girls thinking?

Queen Margarethe does love her telly tubby outfit!

Last edited by a moderator:
muriel said:
Eugenie really was amongst the worst dressed at the wedding, with Beatrice not that far behind. What were these girls thinking?

For me Eugenie barely beat out Chelsy Davy for worst dress

Queen Elizabeth is absolutely great, really liked. Wonderful color and style.

I think they were both in the running, though IMO, Eugenie was that much worse!

For me, Chelsy simply did not look well-dressed. But that's a degree less horrible than the glaringly-awful outfit that Eugenie wore.

I thought the Duchess of Cornwall looked very elegant, and very much the "senior" royal she is.

^I have to agree,it could have suited best to an other body-shape.I didn't like the hair but she's very cute and seemed so happy/excited.. :) She usually doesn't dress in this way so I think it was the designer's fault.They approached her obviously for pr/marketing reasons and they didn't pay enough attention IMO.

Chelsy & Eugenia -- their outfits were nice but not on them
both of them looked like their clothes were a size small
they both looked squeezed in
& Eugenia's hat was just ugly to me

Beatrice's outfit was nice & it looked good on her
but that hat ... I am speechless about it

I am beginning to wonder if there are no mirrors in the York house because I cannot believe those two attractive, intelligent young women looked in a mirror & were happy
but I guess they were ...

I liked the Princess Royal's dress & coat but the hat ... ugh

I am no fashion conscious person but I know what looks good & what doesn't on me or in general

I really don't get these decisions/choices

& just wondering here ... could the Princess Royal have worn a uniform?
She does have uniforms even though, like Edward, she has never actually served in a military unit (as far as I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom